The Third Party Gundam Thread

9 hours ago, doomgart said:

1/144 scale? At first appearence on the wrbsite it has discribed 1/100:(

Can I ask where in the website you saw that says it's 1/100? Would be nice if it is since this is huge.

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Being a huge Gundam Sentinel fan,I may just have to order that.

Any feedback on the quality of this company's products?

Hey @Graham. I only have Metal Gear (00 Gundams) and Poison Toys (Aile Strike). I'm not sure about the rest. But it's a safe to assume that most of them are probably owned by one big company and they're just making mostly with different company names to throw off Bandai. But based on what I have, there's not much complain about it. Most joints on my figures are tighter than the originals.

Also, if you're interested in that Deep Strike Red Color for the Sentinel, ShowZ already have the original color version available: https://showzstore.com/storm-baofeng-model-1-144-gundam-sentinel-msa-0011ext-msa0011-ex-s-exs-mg-gundam-original-color-version_p1363.html

KO_MD_Sentinel.jpg.8bcd5714632d969e25eab1c03e6dc3d5.jpg

19 hours ago, bleecher said:

I got an email when the second box shipped. I do not think there is a different stand, package set to arrive later this week.

Thanks @bleecher! After three emails, I haven't heard anything from them. So hopefully I'll get the same thing.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Can I ask where in the website you saw that says it's 1/100? Would be nice if it is since this is huge.

When this item was placed on the ShowZ Store at a first time, there was describe 1/100 scale. And there was only one blue mecha (same on the your picture). But a bit later Show Z Store add two anothers color scheme, and changed all 3 scale to 1/144.

26 minutes ago, doomgart said:

When this item was placed on the ShowZ Store at a first time, there was describe 1/100 scale. And there was only one blue mecha (same on the your picture). But a bit later Show Z Store add two anothers color scheme, and changed all 3 scale to 1/144.

I see. Thanks sir! That would be huge if it were a 1/100 scale. ;)

Alright. Alright. My XN-Raiser parts arrived today at work. :yahoo:

Cool. Cool. Can't wait to try it at home. ^_^ 

Btw, didn't receive any replies from ShowZ. Nor email that informs me that there's a second package in-bound. But, they deliver so they're good in my book. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Graham. I only have Metal Gear (00 Gundams) and Poison Toys (Aile Strike). I'm not sure about the rest. But it's a safe to assume that most of them are probably owned by one big company and they're just making mostly with different company names to throw off Bandai. But based on what I have, there's not much complain about it. Most joints on my figures are tighter than the originals.

Also, if you're interested in that Deep Strike Red Color for the Sentinel, ShowZ already have the original color version available: https://showzstore.com/storm-baofeng-model-1-144-gundam-sentinel-msa-0011ext-msa0011-ex-s-exs-mg-gundam-original-color-version_p1363.html

I've got all the original Bandai Metal Robot Spirits Gundam Sentinel figures and the ShowZ toys look to be exact copies of the Bandai Ex-S Gundam.

But anyway, I have pre-ordered the ShowZ red Ex-S Gundam, so it will be interesting to see what it is like and how it compares.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Alright. Alright. My XN-Raiser parts arrived today at work. :yahoo:

Cool. Cool. Can't wait to try it at home. ^_^ 

Btw, didn't receive any replies from ShowZ. Nor email that informs me that there's a second package in-bound. But, they deliver so they're good in my book. :rolleyes:

Congratulation! Can you share any photo of this 00 with anothers in your collections?

On 5/3/2019 at 2:28 AM, doomgart said:

Congratulation! Can you share any photo of this 00 with anothers in your collections?

Hey doomgart. Thanks! I'll find time to take photos next time since I'm in the process of working and cleaning the storage over the weekends.

I got my copy of the Steel Legend 1/100 Kshatriya in today. Getting the shoulder armor to clip in was kind of challenging because of the angle it had to go in. The neck ball joint needed to be lightly sanded to stick the head on otherwise, I'm not sure if the head would have ever went on. Additionally some of the side parts of the giant binders had to be installed. Luckily nothing was missing or damaged. 

The figure itself has a very impressive paint job with a few very small imperfections here and there, but nothing to get mad about. Joints are all super tight, especially the ankle joints which take a lot of force to get going. The spring and locking mechanism for the binders works as intended. The metallic red paint used on the mono-eye catches light perfectly and really brings this figure to life. Detail is excellent and not over done like the 1/100 metal club version. The steel legend one will fit pretty well with other GFFMC and metal build figures. Articulation overall is good for the design, but due to the nature of this design you won't be getting any yoga poses. 

I wish the binder opening was more anime accurate and opened up to expose the fin funnels without having to take the funnels on and off. The robot damashii replicated this feature without any issue so it's kind of a bummer this figure can't do that. If Steel Legend could make a compatible stand that could support the weight of this beast I would probably buy it for aerial poses. All of the joints are friction joints and while they are tight now, we shall see if they can still support the figure in a few years. 

For a first figure from a new company I think they did a pretty good job, they just need to work on some tolerances here and there. While some liberties were taken with the design, this is one hell of a 1/100 kshatriya toy to behold. 

IMG_20190504_163155427.thumb.jpg.c1a5c1cbf74af11e33abdae46880d478.jpg

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey doomgart. Thanks! I'll find time to take photos next time since I'm in the process of working and cleaning the storage over the weekends.

Can you tell me please, what Bandai and KO 00 Gundam do you have and what about difference between them?

What about paintjob and printed text?

I saw that Astray Red Frame KO has a lot of mistakes in the text printing.

I have only Bandai QAN[t] gundam from 00 series and sometimes i want to have some new 00. And this Riser looking good!

Some people say the paint job on the MC 00 isn't as solid as the Bandai 00, but it's something that you probably will only notice when comparing the figures side by side. I have the MC 00 Riser, the 00 Seven Sword Trans Am version, and recently got the MC 00 XN Riser kit, and I think they're all solid figures. They're all well worth their $90-150 prices.

The Red Frame KO has the wrong unit number in tampo marks on the chest, but it's very small. I didn't even notice it till someone pointed it out.

12 hours ago, JakCrow said:

Some people say the paint job on the MC 00 isn't as solid as the Bandai 00, but it's something that you probably will only notice when comparing the figures side by side. I have the MC 00 Riser, the 00 Seven Sword Trans Am version, and recently got the MC 00 XN Riser kit, and I think they're all solid figures. They're all well worth their $90-150 prices.

The Red Frame KO has the wrong unit number in tampo marks on the chest, but it's very small. I didn't even notice it till someone pointed it out.

Thank you for the deep answer!

Now i think about Bandai Seven Sword and China KO Raiser XN.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:48 AM, doomgart said:

Can you tell me please, what Bandai and KO 00 Gundam do you have and what about difference between them?

What about paintjob and printed text?

I saw that Astray Red Frame KO has a lot of mistakes in the text printing.

I have only Bandai QAN[t] gundam from 00 series and sometimes i want to have some new 00. And this Riser looking good!

Hey @doomgart. Sorry for the late reply.

What Bandai I have are Exia, Exia Repair, Avalanche Exia, 00 Raiser, 00 Seven Sword, 00Qant, and Freedom.

What KO & 3P I have are 00 Raiser, 00 Seven Sword, Strike Freedom, 00Qant MoShow, and 00Qant Metal Saga. And the 1/72 Strike.

From what I remember posting it in this thread is that the paint job is nice. There's a slight hue differences from the original. Tampo prints is ok. But not as sharp as the original. Looking at them from a far you really can't tell which is which esp on the 00 Raisers. Sometimes having both brands really needs to have some marking on which one is the original so I don't mix them up. And it's why all of 'em are in their respective boxes right now. :lol:

However, the big difference I really can tell between them is that the KO/3P joints are tighter than their original counterpart.

I did posted all of my 00Qant on Page 11 to show the overall differences in case you want to check them out. Also, I can't remember what page did I posted both of my 00Raiser to show some differences.

Hello @no3Ljm!

Thank you for you big answer!

I saw your comparison about Qan[t]s earlier. After that i bought Bandai Qan[t].;)

But i didn't saw pictures about Risers. Maybe i missed it, i need to check again.

Do you have 7swords from the first release, or from bundel with additional weapon? I'm not sure, in one of the reviews i saw that the blue color are different in these two releases.

Can you compare Qan[t] and Riser from Bandai? I think, the qualiti and detalization in the lasts releases are highter than in the old releases. I think  so after comparison with my Astray Red Frame and Aile Strike. And if it is true, the Qan[t] should be more detailed than Raizer/Seven Sword.

17 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Hello @no3Ljm!

Thank you for you big answer!

I saw your comparison about Qan[t]s earlier. After that i bought Bandai Qan[t].;)

But i didn't saw pictures about Risers. Maybe i missed it, i need to check again.

Do you have 7swords from the first release, or from bundel with additional weapon? I'm not sure, in one of the reviews i saw that the blue color are different in these two releases.

Can you compare Qan[t] and Riser from Bandai? I think, the qualiti and detalization in the lasts releases are highter than in the old releases. I think  so after comparison with my Astray Red Frame and Aile Strike. And if it is true, the Qan[t] should be more detailed than Raizer/Seven Sword.

You're welcome sir!

Regarding the Riser pics, I have a feeling that if it's not posted in here then it's probably in the Gundam Figure thread instead.

As for the Seven Swords, I have the last release where the joints is tighter. And yes, the blue color is different. That's why the extra weapon G accessory got released with two different blue parts so it can match the first Seven Sword release.

I have to agree that the difference from recent release are they're more somehow detailed. Like they have more details than the previous releases. I'm pretty sure that comparing the Qant to Exia is already a leap when it comes to details. However by saying that, there were reports on Qant releases that some parts or accessory gets easily broken. So overtime I think in my honest opinion, the more details they add, the more it degrades the quality of the figure.

Hello @no3Ljm!

Totally agree about details! Yesterday i received my sentinel riobot grendizer, and it is totally solid and strong robot with minimum excesses details and rounded shapes . It can be playable without any scare about damage something (exeption are horns on the head).

IMG_20190507_214831.jpg

Edited by doomgart

On 5/7/2019 at 2:38 AM, doomgart said:

Thank you for the deep answer!

Now i think about Bandai Seven Sword and China KO Raiser XN.

There's also a MC XN Seven Swords kit that includes EVERYTHING, and when I got it, it was only $10 more than the XN Riser kit.

29 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

There's also a MC XN Seven Swords kit that includes EVERYTHING, and when I got it, it was only $10 more than the XN Riser kit.

Any chance you know where I could just get the XN (0)Riser parts without the main figure?

7 hours ago, JakCrow said:

It sounds interesting, could you please insert the link to the KO XN Seven Sword or write correct full name for the search? I found only red version KO, there are no XN.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Any chance you know where I could just get the XN (0)Riser parts without the main figure?

It is not a metal, but XN kit :ph34r:

Edited by doomgart

On 5/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, doomgart said:

It sounds interesting, could you please insert the link to the KO XN Seven Sword or write correct full name for the search? I found only red version KO, there are no XN.

There's a KO Seven Sword that comes with XN parts? I didn't know that.

So, after a month I finally recived my Metal Club XN 00R Gundam from showzstore

Aaaaand they didnt sent the extra XN parts on the package, guess Ill send them an email

20190520_170122.jpg

Edited by mog_kupo

3 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Aaaaand they didnt sent the extra XN parts on the package, guess Ill send them an email

20190520_170122.jpg

Iirc some members received the XN parts in a separate shipment.

48 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

20190520_170122.jpg

43 minutes ago, F360 said:

Iirc some members received the XN parts in a separate shipment.

Yup. I'm one of them, F360. I got the XN Parts a few days after I received the 00 Raiser Gundam. ;) 

Well, they answered quickly 

I knew about the split shipping but the problem was that I received two emails with the same tracking so I figured all the parts would arrive in a single box 

Turns out they sent the same tracking number twice, just received the other one and it seems I'll be getting the parts the next week 

Edited by mog_kupo