The Third Party Gundam Thread

2 hours ago, doomgart said:

It seems that chinese people like only bad guys - there are Kshatriya without Unicorn, now there will be Sazabi without Nu.

Same thing cannot be said about the Unicorn because you can pair Kshatriya with GFFMC Unicorn and Banshee. Now, for sure, you might wish there will be a Metal Build-esque Sinanju to go along with it. So Chinese people, do make some Sinanju. He's a bad guy too. ;)

For Bandai though, go and make a Metal Build or GFFMC Nu-Gundam. Pronto! :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same thing cannot be said about the Unicorn because you can pair Kshatriya with GFFMC Unicorn and Banshee. Now, for sure, you might wish there will be a Metal Build-esque Sinanju to go along with it. So Chinese people, do make some Sinanju. He's a bad guy too. ;)

For Bandai though, go and make a Metal Build or GFFMC Nu-Gundam. Pronto! :rolleyes:

I don't have any gffmc, is it detailed and solid figure like metal build, or it has less metal and more weak?

28 minutes ago, doomgart said:

I don't have any gffmc, is it detailed and solid figure like metal build, or it has less metal and more weak?

I also don’t have any GFFMC figure as of this moment. My first one is going to be the upcoming RX-78 Origin 40th Anniv version. But I heard good things about the Unicorn and Banshee from reviews. Except for some yellowing issues on the first Unicorn release. The best figure from that line based on reviews are the O Gundam and the Gundam RX-78 Origin version. Joints are metal but less metal overall compared with Metal Build figures. As for details, MB are more re-imaginative whereas the GFFMC are more in line with lineart (Katoki style).

And to be honest, GFFMC Unicorn will be less detail looking if you put it besides the recent release 3P Kshatriya. But posing it in Destroy mode, it probably might compensate. All I’m just saying is that for now there’s some alternative hero Gundams to pair it with those 3P Metal Build-esque figures. ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, doomgart said:

Today i received my GFFMC Unicorn. It is looking not so bad as expected.

IMG_20190412_122019.jpg

Nice! :good:

Quick question on the Kshatriya. Since those binders are heavy, does the shoulder pylons becomes that loose so it looks kind of falling off from the body?

2 hours ago, doomgart said:

The joint are not loose at all, because if i removing the funnels, i should make a lot of pressure to moving shoulders up\down.

But with funnels they fallen with some king of poses.

Ok. So the shoulder pylon does stay intact if you wanted to, yes?

4 hours ago, doomgart said:

Today i received my GFFMC Unicorn. It is looking not so bad as expected.

IMG_20190412_122019.jpg

Hi @doomgart the shoulder pads holding the binders look really droopy in that image. Did you do that on purpose or can the shoulders not hold the binders weight up very well?

18 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Hi @doomgart the shoulder pads holding the binders look really droopy in that image. Did you do that on purpose or can the shoulders not hold the binders weight up very well?

I think we just asked the same question about Kshatriya. Only I used a different terms. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Hello @Grey728, shoulders can't hold fannel in some kind of poses now. For example, if fannels turn to the left and side.

Edited by doomgart

10 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Hmm.. what's the name of the grease if you don't mind my asking? I have a metal build that feels like the hip joint has seized and I'm afraid I might break it if I try and move it. Is it safe to use? 

I had same problem with stuck joins with my Astray and YF-19 and it helped me too.

Edited by doomgart

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think we just asked the same question about Kshatriya. Only I used a different terms. :lol:

Haha yeah. I wasn't sure what you meant by Pylon.. I was thinking cones or those Starcraft thingies.

Binders=Giant Wing-like things

Funnels=Little missile bits inside the binders

.. I've been watching a bit too much Gundam lately.. Don't mind me!

3 hours ago, doomgart said:

I had same problem with stuck joins with my Astray and YF-19 and it helped me too.

Plain ol' WD-40. Got it. 

Edited by Grey728

7 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Thank you for the right word! I didn't found yesterday what is the name of these massive wing-shields.

About WD-40 - it was safe for me, and it can help with stuck joints. But the joints may become a bit loose. 

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Haha yeah. I wasn't sure what you meant by Pylon.. I was thinking cones or those Starcraft thingies.

Sorry about that. When I mentioned Pylons, I was referring to the shoulder where those binders attached to since I'm not so sure what's the correct term for it. ^_^

Anyways, in your photo it was droopy, kind of like falling off from the torso area so it got me curious about it. Like if there's no locking mechanism in order to keep it in place on the torso rather than falling it off like that.

In other news, ShowZ Store already sent my KO MB XN-Raiser order. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyways, in your photo it was droopy, kind of like falling off from the torso area so it got me curious about it. Like if there's no locking mechanism in order to keep it in place on the torso rather than falling it off like that.

Unfortunately, there are no any nice mechanism like in the Steel Legend. And after playing and posing some joints will be more and more loose. Especially on the shoulders and on the Binders connection.

But i think it is normal for the metal joints - i have weak joints on the VF-25F, 29, on the left legs of the MB Strike and another legacy Bandai mecha.

2 minutes ago, doomgart said:

Unfortunately, there are no any nice mechanism like in the Steel Legend. And after playing and posing some joints will be more and more loose. Especially on the shoulders and on the Binders connection.

But i think it is normal for the metal joints - i have weak joints on the VF-25F, 29, on the left legs of the MB Strike and another legacy Bandai mecha.

Thanks @doomgart! So Steel Legend is more sturdy in that shoulder region where the binders connected?

Here is the Chinese Expansion Pack for the MB Astray Red Frame. I ask the blog holder and he write me than the release is planning on the October. I'm not sure how much swords included in the set.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:13 PM, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @doomgart! So Steel Legend is more sturdy in that shoulder region where the binders connected?

According the reviews i think "yes".

Tomorrow i will get the additional barrels from my post and i will make some photo with amount of poses of binders and shoulders.

Edited by doomgart

I received the additional guns, unfortunately it has not so good quality as Kshatriya.

There are some a little damages and a big nubmarks.

But in general its looking monstrosity!

Spoiler

IMG_20190415_114038.thumb.jpg.4e4c1165a570dcde089425c5d7ae5190.jpg

IMG_20190415_114047.thumb.jpg.b8c48c235f78c77024ab7994061b35ba.jpg

So, now about shoulder's joint:

I tried some kind of poses and now i think my joints too weak to hold four Binders without falling. It can hold only two Binders now.

But with four binders i find a little trick for me: for the additional support i can rest arms on hips and it will support weight all four Binders.

Spoiler

IMG_20190415_114928.thumb.jpg.c00e521261ae6cea5d0aee7558d836ca.jpg

IMG_20190415_115301.thumb.jpg.3f106473568b9ebcfa880adb9efa2843.jpg

Edited by doomgart

35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just got in my Steel Legends Kshatriya.

Everything looks good, except the head isn't anywhere to be found in either box.

So I have a headless Kshatriya.

Omg , how the store will be able to sent you another head 

25 minutes ago, F360 said:

Omg , how the store will be able to sent you another head 

Yeah, I emailed them with a picture. I hope they can talk to the manufacturer and send one out.

Apart from the missing head, it all looks good and with nice details.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got a package from ShowZ. I've been waiting for that Metal Club XN-Raiser for days. When I picked up my package from our office mailroom, the white plain box is all banged up. It was just wrapped with bubble wrap, wrapped taped in black plastic, with hard plastic corners to protect the box, which I think didn't help that much since these 3P boxes were using thin cardboards. To make it worse, instead of the XN-Raiser, I got the Metal Club 00 Raiser which I already have. :unsure:

Anyways, I already emailed them about it. Hope they reply soon. Anyone here had an experience with ShowZ regarding their customer service?

On the other news though while I'm browsing ShowZ for their contact info, I stumbled on this: https://showzstore.com/pre-order-storm-baofeng-model-1-144-gundam-sentinel-msa-0011ext-msa0011-ex-s-exs-mg-gundam-deep-striker-red-version_p1365.html

Ex-S_Gundam_DeepStriker-color.jpg.3bb03383b1818638e27064caf3b04db6.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Today I got a package from ShowZ. I've been waiting for that Metal Club XN-Raiser for days. When I picked up my package from our office mailroom, the white plain box is all banged up. It was just wrapped with bubble wrap, wrapped taped in black plastic, with hard plastic corners to protect the box, which I think didn't help that much since these 3P boxes were using thin cardboards. To make it worse, instead of the XN-Raiser, I got the Metal Club 00 Raiser which I already have. :unsure:

Anyways, I already emailed them about it. Hope they reply soon. Anyone here had an experience with ShowZ regarding their customer service?

XN Raiser ships in two separate boxes. You got the first box of the shipment which contains the 00 Raiser. The XN parts will be shipping in a separate container. Mine shipped out about 4 days after the main figure shipped.

1 hour ago, bleecher said:

XN Raiser ships in two separate boxes. You got the first box of the shipment which contains the 00 Raiser. The XN parts will be shipping in a separate container. Mine shipped out about 4 days after the main figure shipped.

Thanks bleecher! I didn't know that they did separate the boxes. And no emails from them either telling that. Did you also emailed them the first time when you receive the first box? Or they did inform you that they will sent out 2 packages instead?

Also, since it comes with two box, would the XN parts comes with a different stand that says XN-Raiser?

Thanks!

So, I told GK Gundam Kit about the missing head on my Steel Legend Kshatriya about a week and a half ago, heard back they're looking into getting me a head for it, about a week and a half ago.

Poked them again, but no response yet. I'm really hoping I don't have to do a chargeback.

About ShowZStore. My MC Kshatriya's base adapter was broken after two week from using it and they send me a replacement one. I think they will do their best to help you as soon as possible.

For me, it took about 2-3 week for communication with the shop and manufactor.

Edited by doomgart

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks bleecher! I didn't know that they did separate the boxes. And no emails from them either telling that. Did you also emailed them the first time when you receive the first box? Or they did inform you that they will sent out 2 packages instead?

Also, since it comes with two box, would the XN parts comes with a different stand that says XN-Raiser?

Thanks!

I got an email when the second box shipped. I do not think there is a different stand, package set to arrive later this week.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:14 AM, no3Ljm said:

On the other news though while I'm browsing ShowZ for their contact info, I stumbled on this: https://showzstore.com/pre-order-storm-baofeng-model-1-144-gundam-sentinel-msa-0011ext-msa0011-ex-s-exs-mg-gundam-deep-striker-red-version_p1365.html

Ex-S_Gundam_DeepStriker-color.jpg.3bb03383b1818638e27064caf3b04db6.jpg

1/144 scale? At first appearence on the wrbsite it has discribed 1/100:(