The Third Party Gundam Thread

5 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Strike looks much smaller even though they are of the same scale.

Buster is a little over 1m taller than Strike in the stats. 

Anyone care to do a comparison mock up to visually compare against the mo show/poison toys renditions? :p

QUICK!

1/72 Hurricane was 680 CNY before release and it has now gone up to 880 CNY for in stock listings!

The 2nd batch is due 2nd quarter and will range from 680 CNY+(some are charging 800 CNY). The preorder deadline is 10/01/2018, so they are showing the urgency of this last chance.

For the record, Moshow strike had about 3 batches in total, Weijiang MPP-10 Optimus Prime had an indefinite number of batches. MC KO Metal Builds don't move much in price. This is the first time I've seen a Chinese 3P product go up in price upon release. Should we worry about Tongmeng EX Omegamon and Dukemon too? Transformers 3P don't go up due to pending transformation reviews.

I really do hope that Poison Toys continue with a Duel Gundam next. A reissue Strike Rogue or Perfect Strike variant would be great too.

In my opinion, Moshow Strike was the best Chinese 3P toy of all time, maybe even better than some of the top tier 3P Transformers in terms of surpassing the benchmark standard of their respective toy categories.

Cool. :good: 

When you say original, are you referring on the initial release where the cable is connected to the figure directly or the second release where they corrected and remove that from the figure? I have the second batch release and somehow I tried pulling those Aile Boosters to reveal those hole but stop since it won't budge and won't slide. I don't want to force it for the reason that I might break the wirings inside.

This is the ‘second release’ with the wire attached to the backpack. It doesn’t matter if it is the first or second release though. In some batches, factory went through the trouble to apply some glue in between the thruster and the backpack. If it is the case, you need to use a model cutting knife and gently slide though two places on both side (4 in total) to loose them up. One is between the thruster and the backpack just behind the laser sword handle, the other is above the thruster, medial to the where the wing attached. See the forum images below I borrowed from Baidu tieba user 就是喜欢玩’ a thread.

F807BC5A-2DEF-4B15-B214-4D0E62C14081.jpeg

DD4A9117-3F13-43FE-A385-FC00D72028CE.jpeg

On 1/6/2018 at 9:40 PM, SuperHobo said:

So how's the Mo Show strike pack? Same quality as the strike? 

Are you referring on the Poison Toys Launcher and Sword Pack? If it is, then yes, it's the same high-end quality form Mo Show's since it's the same company.

23 hours ago, bristolguts said:

This is the ‘second release’ with the wire attached to the backpack. It doesn’t matter if it is the first or second release though. In some batches, factory went through the trouble to apply some glue in between the thruster and the backpack. If it is the case, you need to use a model cutting knife and gently slide though two places on both side (4 in total) to loose them up. One is between the thruster and the backpack just behind the laser sword handle, the other is above the thruster, medial to the where the wing attached. See the forum images below I borrowed from Baidu tieba user 就是喜欢玩’ a thread.

F807BC5A-2DEF-4B15-B214-4D0E62C14081.jpeg

DD4A9117-3F13-43FE-A385-FC00D72028CE.jpeg

Thanks for this. Will try to do this next time. ^_^

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

not sure if this can be seen by others but I was feeling meh when a third party announce a 1/20 Unicorn, then they showed this video.

:blink: :wub:

• 1 month later...

My 1/72 weapons pack finally came in.  It went back to China due to the fault of some seasonal postal workers.   Lucky , the seller was cool and we were able to work out something that's both agreeable to have it resent.

I got these from Hobby Mission.  Heard good things about them so I might as well try them out.    

Their price is similar to GMC, some time more, sometime less. 

They shipped by EMS so it took close to a week to get to USA. 

http://www.hobbymission.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=104

IMG_1896.jpg.b1423a92befeeb69d2c7ed014d53c3ce.jpg

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Cool! Let me know what you think of this F360. I also bought something from HobbyMission. Hope they deliver well. ;) 

I really like the look of the packs, (especially the Sword set).  The 1/72 is already big compare to the normal 1/100.   but when you add in those packs, it almost felt like it's not big enough.  I think the Launcher set would look much better if it's a bit smaller.  I like diecast ,but I think they should use less on the retractable support arms.  Overall I feel MoShow (whatever other naming they might go by in the future) makes excellent stuff, their item do not feel Cheap and they are not afraids to add in their take on them.  

I've already pre ordered their 1/72 Hurricane, and the method they used to make their items look "different" always cracks me up.:lol:

1 minute ago, F360 said:

I really like the look of the packs, (especially the Sword set).  The 1/72 is already big compare to the normal 1/100.   but when you add in those packs, it almost felt like it's not big enough.  I think the Launcher set would look much better if it's a bit smaller.  I like diecast ,but I think they should use less on the retractable support arms.  Overall I feel MoShow (whatever other naming they might go by in the future) makes excellent stuff, their item do not feel Cheap and they are not afraids to add in their take on them.  

I've already pre ordered their 1/72 Hurricane, and the method they used to make their items look "different" always cracks me up.:lol:

I'm still on the fence regarding their Hurricane. Running out of space and budget. Hahaha! :lol:

By the way, let me know if you're going to try and expand the Aile Pack and insert those other packs on the hidden slot. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey F360. Just want to ask. Has this been released last year? If so, is there any links where I could get some?

Thanks!

There' some on ebay and Aliexpress .  Looks like it's named Fortress model  

It's around $20 shipped.  I think the price is a bit high. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Fortress+Model&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Fortress+model+MB&_sacat=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180212235603&SearchText=fortress+model+mb

10 hours ago, F360 said:

Thanks F360! I just need atleast 2-4. But yeah, $20 a piece kinda high. $15 I would probably go for it.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, F360 said:

I got all excited about this because my metal gear 00 Riser stand broke off into my figure. Then i realized it's the clear adapter piece that broke off in the figure and it looks like that piece doesn't come with it. :(

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I got all excited about this because my metal gear 00 Riser stand broke off into my figure. Then i realized it's the clear adapter piece that broke off in the figure and it looks like that piece doesn't come with it. :(

Maybe, you can ask someone here to 3D print it for you. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

The stand does come with some adapters too just not clear .  But yeah maybe someone here can 3d print it too.

3873D452-243D-42B8-A38B-5D8A4D4EEEEE.jpeg.1826fca6e520d3e51378ebfabe60c131.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I just noticed this id for models. Will this work for metal builds? It looks identical to the one that comes with the metal Gear 00 Rizer.

It should have no problems since its pretty much a copy of the MB display stand

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

Does anyone have side by side pics of the two 3rd party 00 quanta's with the official bandai version?

Actually, I was about to do this earlier this evening to test out my iPhone camera and to have comparison pic to post. But I ended up taking sample photos on my Orguss figures instead. If time permits, I'll try to do this tomorrow evening for a quick snapshot of the three figures side-by-side if that's ok.

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Anyone bought the third party MB Strike Freedom?

Yes sir, I did. ;) 

The joints are tight. QC is not that great IMHO since there's some small gaps on some parts like e.g. Rail Guns and the Wing connectors. I tried to squeeze them but it won't close that much. I'm assuming uneven plastic on pegs and whatnot. The Dragoons is not flushed properly on the wing railings so there's some visible gaps. It's not perfect but it beats Bandai pricing so I'm all good. ;) 

23 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Does anyone have side by side pics of the two 3rd party 00 quanta's with the official bandai version?

Here you go sir. ;)

I just took photos of the main 00Qant figures. I didn't include all the accessories that came with all of them. Aside from the hands and swords, both MoShow and Metal Saga came with Saber. And Metal Saga Turris Babel came with the Big Sword meant for MB Avalanche Exia.

Here's the orientation of the photos:
Left - MoShow
Center - Bandai
Right - Metal Saga Turris Babel

QVBwV9f.jpg 

siiQXHj.jpg 

qbgB6dl.jpg 

GDnavf8.jpg 

1t7Sncw.jpg 

SAgWOvX.jpg 

m2g2kck.jpg 

BlVCyyY.jpg