The Third Party Gundam Thread

4 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The backpack is still 1/100 scale I believe. (Isn't the MB also 1/100 scale?)

As for a Kshatriya, I know there was a 1/100 "MG" kit a couple years ago. Is that the one you're talking about?

That is an odd choice to upscale the body to 1/60, but leave the backpack and wings somewhere between 1/100 and 1/60. 

The Kshatriya I refer to is this one.  The Steel legend one

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2016/11/steel-legend-1100-nz-666-kshatriya.html

59a3175c33b2f_steel-legend-nz-666-kshatriya(1).thumb.jpg.dbb1f3b209b8e3ea609ac659856ad1ee.jpg

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

That is an odd choice to upscale the body to 1/60, but leave the backpack and wings somewhere between 1/100 and 1/60. 

The Kshatriya I refer to is this one.  The Steel legend one

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2016/11/steel-legend-1100-nz-666-kshatriya.html

59a3175c33b2f_steel-legend-nz-666-kshatriya(1).thumb.jpg.dbb1f3b209b8e3ea609ac659856ad1ee.jpg

Oooh, is that a kit or completed toy? I really need a larger Kshatriya in my life. I have the <Side MS> one but it's not 1/100.

Same video, just porting to a new page with a question:

Around the 4:40 mark, is that the official MB Destiny for comparison?

Assuming it is, from the comparison you can tell the backpack isn't exactly 1/100 scale, but it is definitely smaller than it "should" be, if the figure is actually an upscale of the MB. That said, I think it's actually a really good size, and actually makes me kind of like the design. My problem with all the peacock backpacks is that they get bigger and bigger and more ridiculous. At its smaller relative size, these complement the Gundam design more than dwarf it.

...still a dumb thing, but you know, points where points are due. The fact that the beam blade part for the big ol' sword isn't long enough (around 22:00)  is hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi; question for anyone who's ordered the FanMade Turris Babel:

Regarding the extra GN sword clip for Avlanche. Can you confirm if it's the actual, opposite side for Avalanche? For example, the KO dash kits come with an extra clip but it's a clone of the one that comes with Avalanche made for its left side, so trying to use it on the right overlaps the other. Hoping that this one is molded opposite of that for his right side so that people can have a weapons plus option with it.

here are some side by side pics.  looks like FanMade provided the right (correct) side

1st pic is all Bandai (left and right) (reference) attached to backpack

IMG_1657a.jpg.03a6a6f0053a2ccaee215cdea74875a1.jpg

2nd pic is left side Bandai and right side Fanmade attached to backpack

IMG_1661a.jpg.18cbc63df722e27b95bd680446d63386.jpg

3rd pic is Right side parts comparison (both is right side), left Bandai, right Fanmade (it's also darker)

IMG_1663a.jpg.1564096a9f9ca36fa05fdb335f3effca.jpg 

4th pic is Right side parts comparison (both is right side), top Bandai, bottom Fanmade

IMG_1664a.jpg.18ab5aa4acd001d3c0c6d86206aabfc2.jpg

Edited by F360

6 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

This is the Mo Show MB ELS Quan T and honestly it's so damned good that I want to know the story behind it. The quality is literally better than my official MBs.

It is. You might want to check Metal Saga Turris Babel too. ^_^

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

This is the Mo Show MB ELS Quan T and honestly it's so damned good that I want to know the story behind it. The quality is literally better than my official MBs.

Really?  How so?  (and what else do they have coming out?) 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, the design of the Metal Saga is just so much more refined where the Mo Show is a blatant Master Grade copy. I like the tampos a bit more on the Mo Show but the Metal Saga just looks miles better. If this thing had better joint quality, there'd be absolutely no contest.

On 8/27/2017 at 6:27 PM, F360 said:

I havn't seen any update for the Steel Legend one. but There was another 1/100 one that is a kit / frame/ etc

https://otakurevolution.com/content/elyn-hobby-1100-kshatriya-complete

22896080459_78f2693103_b.thumb.jpg.a14ccc738757592365ad67bde1e6dc57.jpg

I had this and sold it. Its crap. Real garbage. Fit and Tolerance was garbage. I had to dremel a lot and even do some moding. The wires included were garbage. It took me 2 months to get it completed because it was that much garbage. I have pictures in the Gunpla thread I think its around 2013...

1 minute ago, slaginpit said:

I had this and sold it. Its crap. Real garbage. Fit and Tolerance was garbage. I had to dremel a lot and even do some moding. The wires included were garbage. It took me 2 months to get it completed because it was that much garbage. I have pictures in the Gunpla thread I think its around 2013...

I honestly really appreciate you posting this. I've wanted it off and on for years but never bit and I'm glad to know I didn't smis out.