The Third Party Gundam Thread

FanMade Metal Saga TURRIS BABEL video review is up , it's in chinese but shows what you need to know.

sigh, looks like it still have the QC here and there like their previous Metal Saga product :(

Overall still looks good and comes with lots of accessories and options for you to mess around with. 

what I totally overlooked before was the little fork joint attachment piece he talked about in the video( the one that he don't know what it does) .

With that piece and my spare swords and shield from my exia, I can finally form a metal build avalanche exia weapon plus pack.:wub:  Well, That's what it look like to me but it may or may not fit. 

metal-build-gundam-avalanche-exia-weapon-plus-pack.jpg 

I'm finished watching the last part of the video. So the figure have loose right arm that holds the GN Sword and the peg attachment for the sword when in burst mode is loose too. And it looks like the (Avalanche Exia) big sword doesn't break in half. Atleast there's an extra GN Blades that comes with it plus the Weapon Plus Pack rack. What I like with this set is that the mount for the green ring attach on the display stand itself with an adaptor whereas the one from MoShow has the clear stand like the Tamashii Action Base stand so it's not integrated.

Still looking forward to this. ;) 

Yup that TB is a beauty.  If the price is right, then those QC issues are minor, and hopefully they fix them before release. 

Just noticed that the TB is up for order on GMC, and that the 00 Raiser's price was increased.  

Anyone ordered the TB yet?

Edited by Vortech

7 minutes ago, Vortech said:

Yup that TB is a beauty.  If the price is right, then those QC issues are minor, and hopefully they fix them before release. 

Just noticed that the TB is up for order on GMC, and that the 00 Raiser's price was increased.  

I don't think it will get fixed since it's already out.

Mine is already marked shipped from GMC. Both Turris Babel and the 00 Raiser. Expecting to arrive this week. Hopefully. ;)

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

From the pics I see, would I be correct in thinking the WPP is essentially the Avalanche Exia's beam sabers replaced by another pair of GN Sword Long/Short?

it's not replacement, but more of extra armament.  The normal version only come with 1 set of clips so you can only put the GN Swords Long and short on 1 side.

The WPP comes with 2 set of clips and the extra swords so you can attach it on both sides together.

normal

metal_avalanche029.jpg

WPP

metal_avalanche046.jpg

37 minutes ago, Vortech said:

QC is QC so it's a hit or miss.  One reviewer seems to have no loose shoulder problem. ^_^

http://www.dachong.gz.cn/read.php?tid-87697.html

After posting the news on Tuesday I placed the order before I went to bed.  It's shipped out already.  

On 1/17/2017 at 10:29 PM, F360 said:

Love the XN Raiser ideal, but I have only seen people customizing with the model kits.  

I checked my MB 0 Raiser the other day and I don't think there's a way to separate the plastics on the portion where it attaches to 00 Gundam. There's no exposed screws whatsoever. Unless, I try to break it. :( I'll await for the Metal Gear version and see if I can pry it open. Then I'll decide if it's worth to buy a XN Raiser conversion for this. ;) 

China is now printing the Metal Build Stand.

http://imgur.com/a/8RVCs

It comes in three type, one is exclusive for ARF, one is exclusive for Banshee, the Third one is blank with decals to mark it as either: Providence, Strike Freedom, destiny, Impulse, Infinite Justice, akatsuki. (or maybe print your own since it is blank)

as for the Turris Babel, the avalanche weapon seems out of scale.

16 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

China is now printing the Metal Build Stand.

http://imgur.com/a/8RVCs

It comes in three type, one is exclusive for ARF, one is exclusive for Banshee, the Third one is blank with decals to mark it as either: Providence, Strike Freedom, destiny, Impulse, Infinite Justice, akatsuki. (or maybe print your own since it is blank)

as for the Turris Babel, the avalanche weapon seems out of scale.

Is the blank one, white? Hope it is so I can create one for Exia Repair II. ^_^

As for the Avalanche Big Sword, it is really big. It's using the GN Blades as the base handle.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:11 PM, F360 said:

GMC just listed Fanmade TURRIS BABEL  for $120 :o  and it looks very very good :wub:    even have the other GN sword too.

I can't wait for the reviews B))

16114724_133010027204186_625393321388392099_n.jpg

On 1/17/2017 at 9:54 PM, no3Ljm said:

It was for the Avalanche Exia.

avalanche_bigsword.jpg

Edit: Added photo. It was probably non-canon but deym it looks cool to have it. ^_^

more pic of the MB stands , yes the blank one is white

006apQMajw1fbx6m0hmbjj30rs0qvdjr.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m1hrf5j30rs0kfgsc.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m47p27j30rs0ra0xe.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m2id9kj30rs0q7jui.jpg

But the attachment point is the squared box similar to the gundam display base, but it does come with the normal hex peg one too.

If you have the shapeway adapter (gundam base to yamato plug) technically you should be able to use it for your valks too.  

006apQMajw1fbx6m7sn4ej30rs0ihjsc.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m6tkapj30rs0kg41u.jpg

36 minutes ago, F360 said:

006apQMajw1fbx6m0hmbjj30rs0qvdjr.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m1hrf5j30rs0kfgsc.jpg

But the attachment point is the squared box similar to the gundam display base, but it does come with the normal hex peg one too.

If you have the shapeway adapter (gundam base to yamato plug) technically you should be able to use it for your valks too.  

That's nice to know. Thanks for the update F360. No prices yet, correct? Love to get the white one fro the Exia Repair II. Hope GMC will carry it too. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

anyway, I posted a translated message to DL Model Shop. Hope he gets what I meant and do correction on their decals. Price should be cheap, seeing that here in PH, one can get a Dragon Momoko Strike Freedom kit for an approximate 40 USD that contains two Wing of Light for Metalbuild (SF and Destiny) and two MB style stand (for respective MS), it also comes with a free complete MB Strike freedom in a kit form.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:56 PM, chyll2 said:

anyway, I posted a translated message to DL Model Shop. Hope he gets what I meant and do correction on their decals. Price should be cheap, seeing that here in PH, one can get a Dragon Momoko Strike Freedom kit for an approximate 40 USD that contains two Wing of Light for Metalbuild (SF and Destiny) and two MB style stand (for respective MS), it also comes with a free complete MB Strike freedom in a kit form.

I totally agree with the pricing over there. And I already missing buying stuff there. But you have to remember though that we pay extra on the shipping. Can I get one from you with same price, no shipping fee? Hehehe. ;) 

13 hours ago, F360 said:

Wow shipping is really fast this time,  OO Raiser delivered and TB is already at SF customs.:huh:

PICTURE!!! :yahoo: 

Both of my 00Raiser and Turris Babel still in SFO Customs. That's the last update from yesterday. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

unfortunately I won't be able to mess around with it until the weekend.  But for the time being you can check out "Wendy98"'s review with tons of pics.  They even talked about MC packaging the V antenna separately so it will not be damaged in shipping like some of the MC Seven Swords. 

Some sample  of their pics., more here http://www.dachong.gz.cn/read.php?tid-87537.html228_922_58d2cedab95d724.jpg228_922_3c894f06e3bba9d.jpg228_922_8d7d07826d75c61.jpg228_922_782f8079f0cbc26.jpg

Also The google translate app works pretty well from your phone for pics with chinese on it, download the offline translation (40mb) and just choose camera , and point at the photo with the chinese word.  It close enough.

another review of FANMADE METAL SAGE TURRIS BABEL

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8197179/

This reviewer seems to go more in detail here and there.

the main Joints are fine, no loose shoulders, but still have QC here and there.

on and off for led switch gets stuck when attached with backpack.

the green clip of one of his GN Sword bits is already broken from his first attachment.

figured a way to attach the GN bits to the GN sword in open buster rifle position by using another joint to help.   

Ok. So I finally got two packages from GMC today at work. First was Turris Babel, which I should say it really looks gorgeous inspite of some loose accessory connectors esp on the Shield Bits. The shield connector going to the backpack also broke. Not broke into pieces but it's more like there's not enough glue to hold the pieces together. But it can be fixed ofcourse with another layer of superglue. Also, I was scared at first that I'm missing a piece on the foot. When I opened the plastic tray, the left leg is missing the front white piece above the red feet area. And good thing it's under the figure. What a relief. Both red feet also have some paint chipped on the front. But all the joints are so tight. I'm lovin' it inspite of some QC errors.

Second one should the Metal Club 00 Raiser. But when I opened the other box, to my surprise, I got a Dragon Momoko 1/100 Strike Freedom Gundam bundled with Wing Conversion Effect Parts with a stand. I already emailed GMC about it earlier and hopefully he reply as soon as the Chinese New Year festivities are over. Not sure if he's going to ask me to return the kit since I already rip the shipper box. And if so, I'm willing to send it back to him as long that he will send me or reimburse me of the shipping back to him. If he's not willing to do it, I'm still under PayPal protection. So there's that too. Anyways, hope he reply soon since I already bought a lot of Metal Build figures from him.

Now, regarding the Avalanche GN Big Sword, it would be nice if it separates but sad to say it's not. And I'm just thinking what if I just cut the sword in half and add a magnet to it so it can be combine once again. What cutter should I use to cut it in half? Does regular cutter would be ok to cut thru ABS plastic?

(The one on the right)

4vJxous.jpg

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

There are hobby-grade saw but I think you will need the extra thin saw. Plus steady hands.

Someone on FB is using Waterslide decal to replace the Turris Babel

Yup. That's my friend @vic01 who's also a member here. He sent me the same photo earlier via text. I'll have to do the same thing soon. ^_^

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I see, I didnt know he is a member here as well. I just saw it in a FB page where both of us are member. Haha, I will probably do the same once I got mine.

Hey chyll2. What FB group is that? Not sure if I'm a member too. I don't FB that much so I can't keep track of everyone's posting or what's trending over there. Hehehe. :lol: 

I just have to ask him what part of the chest he puts the decal. Whether in the LED case area or he made some tweak to apply the decal upfront instead of inside the green clear parts. Will let you know. ;) 

And I'm having second thoughts on splitting the Avalanche Big Sword since I don't have mod skills like him. Or better yet, ask him to do it for me. Hehehe. ^_^ Is there a strong small magnet available that I can use on to the bottom part of the handles?

As for the wrong package, I'm still waiting for GMC's reply on my email. 

Edited by no3Ljm

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 1:30 PM, F360 said:

006apQMajw1fbx6m0hmbjj30rs0qvdjr.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m1hrf5j30rs0kfgsc.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m47p27j30rs0ra0xe.jpg006apQMajw1fbx6m2id9kj30rs0q7jui.jpg

Did anyone notice the typo error on the Strike decal?

Boy TB is tempting and also the last variant i want to get

1 hour ago, recon said:

Did anyone notice the typo error on the Strike decal?

Boy TB is tempting and also the last variant i want to get

Yup. If you haven't noticed it was mentioned by this guy...

On 1/22/2017 at 10:26 PM, chyll2 said:

yep, cant wait to put MOBLIE SUIT ZGMF :lol:

...and this guy.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:40 PM, eggy99 said:

And STIKE FREEDOM. :lol:

By the way, they're cheaper than the original so grab one now while it's still hot. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

36 minutes ago, Loop said:

How much are these bases? I have one that likes to unplug from the back of the base making it scary to leave a figure on there.

Theres a dragon momoko Metal build strike freedom model kit that includes 2 MB display base and the effect parts for both destiny and strike freedom, and of course the 1/100 strike freedom too .  And they sell this for around $83 shipped so maybe a single base would be around $8 before shipping ?

36 minutes ago, imanhtglng said:

for those who already got their Turris Babel, is the little fork joint (circled in the pic) can be used to form the weapon plus pack for MB Avalanche?

Yes. If you haven't checked this thread for awhile, it's already been mentioned on this page top posts. 

Hope that helps. 

• 2 months later...