The Third Party Gundam Thread

So this bundle one will have the 00 Raiser marking? Hmmm. Then I'll just get the bundle instead. And probably sell the extra KO Seven Sword that I have and the original 0 Raiser. 

Btw any updates on the KO GN Buster Sword Rifle option set?

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So this bundle one will have the 00 Raiser marking? Hmmm. Then I'll just get the bundle instead. And probably sell the extra KO Seven Sword that I have and the original 0 Raiser. 

Btw any updates on the KO GN Buster Sword Rifle option set?

No update on the gn buster sword yet . 

Being an aussie, I just haven't been able to put money aside for Yeti stands, and as it is, AUD to USD has been quite poor lately. Actually the MB stands from Bandai are quite attractive, as they feature the name, and specs etc on the base, which is quite nice. They're definitely better than the plain Bandai DX Valk stands.

Like F360 said: Gundam without stands in a detolf really is like the Captain America 2 elevator scene. LOL - such a great analogy :lol:

IMG_9218.JPG

It's pretty cramped already. Poor old MC 0 Gundam can only just stand there (also he only has a display base).

Edited by eggy99
Added photo

Just ordered the Metal Club MB 00Raiser. Price is not bad for $102. ^_^ Though now I'm not sure what to do with my original 0Raiser. :mellow:

By the way, is there an official price for the Turris Babel? 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just ordered the Metal Club MB 00Raiser. Price is not bad for $102. ^_^ Though now I'm not sure what to do with my original 0Raiser. :mellow:

Where did you find it at that price?  Only looked on eBay and can't find it for less then $130 shipped.  

1 hour ago, Vortech said:

Where did you find it at that price?  Only looked on eBay and can't find it for less then $130 shipped.  

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=170

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, is there an official price for the Turris Babel? 

No offical Price for TB yet , but its  already January, so should be very soon

3 hours ago, Vortech said:

2 hours ago, F360 said:

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=170

No offical Price for TB yet , but its  already January, so should be very soon

Yup, that's the site I used to order the 00 Raiser. He also has an eBay list but it's around $124 including shipping. Probably just to cover eBay fees. So I decided to use his site directly this time since I already bought my first 2 00Gundam Seven Swords from him on eBay.

Thanks F360! Some seller on eBay told me that it's coming out probably after the Chinese New Year. So that's sometime in February. But the price he gave me is kind of high so I'm having second thoughts if that's the actual price. It's around $160 shipped according to him.

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup, that's the site I used to order the 00 Raiser. He also has an eBay list but it's around $124 including shipping. Probably just to cover eBay fees. So I decided to use his site directly this time since I already bought my first 2 00Gundam Seven Swords from him on eBay.

Thanks F360! Some seller on eBay told me that it's coming out probably after the Chinese New Year. So that's sometime in February. But the price he gave me is kind of high so I'm having second thoughts if that's the actual price. It's around $160 shipped according to him.

Ill just wait a see since GMC will probably sell that too.

I was quoted $170 AUD for the Fanmade Turris Babel from my local retailer, but after F360's comment about it being lesser quality than MoShow's quality and also some.other peoples comments about it (on YouTube), I decided to hold out for just the MoShow.

Edited by eggy99

1 hour ago, mog_kupo said:

So, you guys would recommend gettin one of this chinese MB?

I 'm interested in the 00 Raiser by Metal Club, I know that it wont be the same quality as Bandai, but is it worth it at $110 USD?

Yes. I have 2 00 Gundam Seven Swords from them. And it looks great for a KO/3P product. And I just ordered reently the 00 Raiser for $102 so I think that's a great price compared on getting the original from second market around $350-400 something. Just saying about the price point though.

So if you're going to ask me, yes it's worth it. ^_^

6 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I was quoted $170 AUD for the Fanmade Turris Babel from my local retailer, but after F360's comment about it being lesser quality than MoShow's quality and also some.other peoples comments about it (on YouTube), I decided to hold out for just the MoShow.

Same here. Almost the same price as the MoShow one. By the way, is this the same FanMade (?) company who does Transformers stuff?

chyll2 : thanks for the images of the Turris Babel.

I will probably wait for more impressions of the Turris Babel before I decide to buy it. I know from experience that MoShow quality is top notch (their MB Plus Strike / Mecha Warrior was fantastic), so it's a safe bet to buy the 0Q0 (LOL @ the model number - but don't care). 

I think MoShow only needs to improve their release naming. FanMade has the right idea there. Turris Babel is an interesting name. Much better than Mecha Warrior - or even the misspelling - Mecha Worrior HAHA).

I'm eagerly waiting for the anticipated Trans Am 00 Raiser from Metal Club.

About Metal Club KO releases. Impressions from buyers is that they are VERY good KO. Only some minor issues (green clear parts not as clear as Bandai, tampo a little bit rough), but there are significant structural improvements over the Bandai releases, Namely that the joints are much tighter. I think I read some are scarily tight, but at least that is better than too loose, which is problem with Bandai's releases of the 00 Gundam. Both of my Seven Swords are pretty floppy on all joints. It can hold a pose well enough, but the tightness is much looser compared to Bandai's more recent releases - Red Frame, Strike Freedom. A light bump can move the limbs quite easily. I think I read that the foggy clear green parts have been fixed on the 00 Raiser release, so that is pretty good.

I think there should be releases of Strike Freedom and Destiny in the Metal Club line this year too.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. Almost the same price as the MoShow one. By the way, is this the same FanMade (?) company who does Transformers stuff?

Different company , these guys only released the previous metal saga vanishing trooper and it has qc everywhere.  still ok , but because of that i will not rush in this time .

10 hours ago, mog_kupo said:

So, you guys would recommend gettin one of this chinese MB?

I 'm interested in the 00 Raiser by Metal Club, I know that it wont be the same quality as Bandai, but is it worth it at $110 USD?

Its definitely worth it.  I got their 7 sword and love it .  Will get their 00 raiser too

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

I think MoShow only needs to improve their release naming. FanMade has the right idea there. Turris Babel is an interesting name. Much better than Mecha Warrior - or even the misspelling - Mecha Worrior HAHA).

So interesting they tampoed it all over the figure. Even on the clear green parts. :lol: 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Different company , these guys only released the previous metal saga vanishing trooper and it has qc everywhere.  still ok , but because of that i will not rush in this time .

Thanks F360. Yeah, I'll just probably wait too until Chinese New Year. ;)

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Hey, Mecha Worrior was the best name. Only way it could've been better was if it came with some Bandai-style Phase Shiznit Armor stickers.

Edited by JB0
Replaced profanity filter with something closer to the actual referenced sticker

Nice! After I ordered that conversion kit just for that GN Big Sword and comes out new photo of Turris Babel with that big sword in it... Bah! :vava:

Oh well, what am I complaining for... Preordered! :yahoo: 

Going to give the big sword to Avalanche Exia. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

13 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is that giant sword thing a "canon" item? Or was it made up for the TB?

It was for the Avalanche Exia.

avalanche_bigsword.jpg

Edit: Added photo. It was probably non-canon but deym it looks cool to have it. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! After I ordered that conversion kit just for that GN Big Sword and comes out new photo of Turris Babel with that big sword in it... Bah! :vava:

Oh well, what am I complaining for... Preordered! :yahoo: 

Going to give the big sword to Avalanche Exia. ^_^

yeah, its seems like right after you buy something, they release some thing else that you would've purchase instead.<_<

I'm thinking the same thing for my Avalanche Exia too.

8 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I don't remember the Avalanche Exia ever having that weapon, either. To my knowledge, the AE has the same weapons as the stock Exia (ie the Seven Swords), just moved to a storage rack on its back/shoulders.

Avalanche_' (1).jpeg

3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I don't remember the Avalanche Exia ever having that weapon, either. To my knowledge, the AE has the same weapons as the stock Exia (ie the Seven Swords), just moved to a storage rack on its back/shoulders.

I've edited my previous post to add an image of AE with the big sword. Looks awesome, right? Canon or non-canon. ^_^ But was the Dash Option Parts canon too? Not sure though.

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah, its seems like right after you buy something, they release some thing else that you would've purchase instead.<_<

I'm thinking the same thing for my Avalanche Exia too.

True. Knowing that I bought that conversion kit from GMC too. He should've given me a warning. But no, he's running a business. Hahaha! :lol: 

Yeah, give it to AE too. That big sword doesn't look right with the 00Qan[T]. Just saying. ;) 

Btw, did you also preordered one?

You know what I'm thinking too since I have an extra 0 Raiser? Convert it to XN Raiser. But I have to check the KO one first if I can disassemble it. Don't want to customize the 'expensive' Bandai 0 Raiser. Hehehe. :D  Any chance you stumble some site or links that customized their MB 0 Raiser to XN Raiser?

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I've edited my previous post to add an image of AE with the big sword. Looks awesome, right? Canon or non-canon. ^_^ But was the Dash Option Parts canon too? Not sure though.

True. Knowing that I bought that conversion kit from GMC too. He should've given me a warning. But no, he's running a business. Hahaha! :lol: 

Yeah, give it to AE too. That big sword doesn't look right with the 00Qan[T]. Just saying. ;) 

Btw, did you also preordered one?

You know what I'm thinking too since I have an extra 0 Raiser? Convert it to XN Raiser. But I have to check the KO one first if I can disassemble it. Don't want to customize the 'expensive' Bandai 0 Raiser. Hehehe. :D  Any chance you stumble some site or links that customized their MB 0 Raiser to XN Raiser?

I'm still thinking is over, the first Metal Saga was ok but not great like Moshow, but those pic pretty much got me.  I'll probably order it before I go to sleep.B))

Love the XN Raiser ideal, but I have only seen people customizing with the model kits.  

Ah, thanks for the pics. Yeah, that's the Avalanche Dash, not the original Avalanche, but it's still odd that that weapon was never reproduced on any official model kit or figure. I guess it must have been dropped somewhere along the way. Anyway, it looks pretty frickin' neat. Now all it needs is to be able to split into two.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Ah, thanks for the pics. Yeah, that's the Avalanche Dash, not the original Avalanche, but it's still odd that that weapon was never reproduced on any official model kit or figure. I guess it must have been dropped somewhere along the way. Anyway, it looks pretty frickin' neat. Now all it needs is to be able to split into two.

Yeah. There was no official Bandai kit for that big sword however you can get it from third party conversion kit for the MG 1/100. And those splits. Hope the one that comes with Turris Babel splits too. ;) 

Finally got around to watching that YouKu video, and the Turris Babel does look a little rough compared to MoShow's Mecha Warrior. It has a 3rd party look to it. A little bit messy mold lines, and rounded edges. Not at all sharp and defined like the more recent Bandai Metal Builds or MoShow's Mecha Warrior. 

Here is a really nice unboxing post of MoShow's 00Q/0Q0
http://www.dachong.gz.cn/read.php?tid-87532.html

Detailing is leagues better than the FanMade. I think that the FanMade has the feel of a KO gunpla with metal frame. Even the articulation is better on the MoShow - see knee bend. FanMade is 90 degrees, where as MoShow is almost 180 thanks to the sliding thigh armor

The GN Sword V is much better too. FanMade blade is all clear plastic, where as MoShow has the opaque white part in the middle of the blade. MoShow really just has much better colour separation and also a lot more tampo.