Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

• 2 months later...

Aw, that's cute. Both the Monster and Makina. :D It doesn't look like she's the dedicated Monster pilot, though... which for some reason I figured she would have been.

I'm down for one or more of these for sure. Very nice, unique riff on the design.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm still holding out on a few things from HLJ before I ship.  They keep sending me messages urging me to ship, and I can't help but laugh.

LMAO. The only thing ready to go in my warehouse is a 25 pack of knife blades for like >100yen... The emails are nonstop of their warehouse space shortage, shipping crisis, and such. Toss the damn things in the trash HLJ- I'm not fedex-ing or EMS shipping a single pack of blades.
Never a thank you email for the 30,000yen in preorders I've got loaded to go though...

10 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Ranka in progress

If the base figure didn't look like an early 90's action figure I'd be interested in grabbing a Ranka, since there aren't to many figures of her (hurry up Megahouse!) But, alas-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Ok so my plan to convert the original VFG girls to the Walkure is completely dead in the water. Now to figure out what to do with those 5 kits instead...

Are they actually making new entire kits, or just making the figures to use with the existing valks?  They might not go to waste.

Also, that monster is looking good.  I might have to grab two of those to make a couple of schemes. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

Definitely down for a couple monsters. Probably going to skip the Walkure valks, since I already have 4 different 31 sets.

Now give us a Sheryl/Alto pairing!

Though if they gave us a Bobby/ Macross Quarter kit I’d be laughing as I preordered.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok... I have no idea what I'm even looking at anymore.. :blink:

Still good for a monster (or two, depending on price), but I have no idea what they're doing at this point.  Are they making Ranka dolls to pair with the valk?

Yeah, I had to do a double-take as well. From what I can suss out...

1) A new VFG VF-25F that comes with under-wing speaker pods and Ranka Lee in her Galia IV concert outfit

2) A standalone Ranka kit that includes two costumes (school uniform, Nyan-Nyan restaurant uniform) and various hand-held instruments; alternatively, might be an accessory kit to go with the previously-released and/or aforementioned VF-25F Ranka kit?

3) A Frontier-themed LED spotlight?

4) The previously-shown VFG Monster kit, with illustrations of what the Girl half of the VFG will look like

5) Standalone Walkure versions of the Girl, highlighting Makina Nakajima as the first to be released among the lot

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok... I have no idea what I'm even looking at anymore.. :blink:

Still good for a monster (or two, depending on price), but I have no idea what they're doing at this point.  Are they making Ranka dolls to pair with the valk?

Google translate the VF-25F sign with the 40th logo:

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of Macross

VF Girl series special aircraft color design! Ranka Lee exclusive cloth costume.

Various accessories that appeared in the play will be included. Stay tuned for more news!

Sign with ACKS is just a display label. The spotlight is just a display light. There's also one pointed at Klan. The rest is 4 and 5 from kajnrig.

Pic source: https://twitter.com/aoshimacharapla/status/1576748984357396480?s=20

FeG8dH1UcAAaUu6.jpg.113645dec59297381b9b1e51e1ceaf80.jpg

Edited by wmkjr
pic added

It's not a translation issue.. I want to know wtf they're smoking :lol: 

Cloth costumes?  Ooooohhhhkayyy....

But I'm mostly confused at the catgirl waitress from.. Ok, I can't just say she's from outer space because that's probably a given, but still, WTF? :wacko:  Saying that's "out of left field" is completely insufficient to describe that.  That's like someone in a baseball game making the call, "And it looks like Elway is going with the 9-iron for this penalty kick."

Edited by Chronocidal

• 3 weeks later...