Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

59 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've actually never had -that- much trouble finding the Hasegawa kits in local CA hobby shops, but that's good to see.  How much did they have it going for there?

It was $115, if I recall correctly.

I think it is a similar to paying for it at retail price with shipping (at current shipping costs) to the US, but I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...Yeah I'll buy one...

...Even if it's Ranka rather than Sheryl

Me too! It‘s MacrossF so I have to 😉

Maybe they put Sheryl in the next release. Whereas which variant is left? From the original SMS squad only Luca‘s RVF-25. But I‘d like that. 

I can't say I care for the segmented torsos Aoshima is using for it's characters with bare midriffs. I've seen it on their Atlanger and now this one and it just doesn't look "natural" the way the previous ones in one piece swimsuits or Kotobukiya's machinka bodies do. It looks like there's a second chest trying to grow in under the first one.

5 hours ago, Focslain said:

I have enough VFGs still in box... though with this and Klan Klan I might as well just hold off and wait for them to release a Mylene one and my Pathfinder character conversion will be 99% done for me.

If they release a Mylene VF-11MAXL I will be all over that. :lol:  Heck, I would actually crack up if they made a Basara one too, and totally buy it.

Now that that image is in my head, I also can't help imagining them doing a Ray/Veffidas VF-17 duo that works like the VF-31 two-seater that had extended foot pads for two people. :crazy: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think being technically at least partially canon as a costume from the show helps it, I decided to pick one up.  The Klan 25G is an awesome kit, but the weird micro/macro Klan mish-mash is a little weird.  This one at least looks like a straight-up copy of Ranka.

Now come on, and give us an Armored Cathy 25S! ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think being technically at least partially canon as a costume from the show helps it, I decided to pick one up.  The Klan 25G is an awesome kit, but the weird micro/macro Klan mish-mash is a little weird.  This one at least looks like a straight-up copy of Ranka.

Now come on, and give us an Armored Cathy 25S! ^_^ 

Or, y’know, Sheryl.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fighters are sweet! I found that after fidgeting with it, the legs and wings fit perfectly. I assumed it was me and something that I did incorrectly during assembly. I will have to say, this is the most fun I've had building a kit since the Bandai Armored VF-25S. 

17 hours ago, fhrex said:

The fighters are sweet! I found that after fidgeting with it, the legs and wings fit perfectly. I assumed it was me and something that I did incorrectly during assembly. I will have to say, this is the most fun I've had building a kit since the Bandai Armored VF-25S. 

Not saying everything doesn't fit well, but there is really nothing holding the wings down to the legs in fighter mode.  Which.. now that I think of it, is the same issue the Bandai VF-25 kits had. :lol: 

Maybe it's time to cut some slots and make some tabs for them to snap into...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...