Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

Just now, kajnrig said:

Dunno, but either way, preorder placed, looking forward to it.

Same, going to convert her into a busty catgirl with a custom valk. Also preordered as soon as I saw the post on my feed.

19 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

9800 might be the price with tax. (10% I think? I forget.) Take that off, it's about 8900, and then HLJ tend to take off another 10-15% on top of that to remain competitive, so... 8100? Today's conversion rate, that comes to ~$75. Seems about right.

Dunno, but either way, preorder placed, looking forward to it.

From the Aoshima page - 価格:9,800円(税別)

Without tax.

HLJ still lists with prices without tax since that only applies to Japanese residents
Other sites like Hobby Search and AmiAmi unfortunately started listing taxed prices on their english sites, presumable to make their discounts seem bigger >_>

17 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Thanks a lot! 

I gonna get Klan for sure. This will be my first VFG kit where I'll paint the fighter in its original colors. And for Klan I try to do her pilot suit as much anime accurate as possible.

I -might- be tempted to kitbash the parts between the Klan and Ozma versions, and paint it up as that theoretical red VF-25S we saw years back.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Was a custom that showed up in a Dengeki Hobby magazine long ago.  I think it might have also been shown in one of the PSP games, but that might have been a different scheme.

ttIVcmV.jpg

Thanks for the info. That’s a cool scheme, too.

• 2 months later...

So, I randomly looked at the HLJ page for the upcoming VF-25G w/ Klan, and finally realized why they made her chest so large.

aos05723_14.jpg

Now, honestly, I find the fact you can put her in the armored parts to be pretty bad-ass. Had not seen that previously.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

So, I randomly looked at the HLJ page for the upcoming VF-25G w/ Klan, and finally realized why they made her chest so large.

Now, honestly, I find the fact you can put her in the armored parts to be pretty bad-ass. Had not seen that previously.

I mean.. aside from the fact that that's basically how big she was in the series (or at least how big they always portray her in merchandise) :p 

Possibly, but it definitely looks like the other figures you usually see of her.  I think it's exacerbated by the fact that the character isn't quite adult Klan, it's more like a hybrid macronized version, somewhere between her tween-looking miclone, and the full adult.

I don't remember how old she was in the series, but it seemed to imply that she'd grown up along with Michael.. which is rather at odds with how old she looked in full adult form, but that might be an artifact of the fact that she was just full-blooded Zentraedi.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

You should have no trouble snapping it together, and it should come with a multitude of stickers, but like most mecha kits of all genres, glue and paint are going to give you the best result.

Thanks for the info Chron!

Considering I wanted one and forgot to get in on the original Skuld, this will do very nicely.

Or go with the Kairos, I dunno. I'll be honest, my only major complaint is that the girl figures continue to be stereotypical waifs. I want me some thicc mature waifus! Or hot-blooded oneesans! :lol:

EDIT: Is this kit webshop exclusive?

Edited by kajnrig

Well, finally got around to correcting an egregious error.  It's not totally finished though, as I haven't glued anything together and this pose is rather precarious.  I also could not get her skirt to bend permanently.  I could get it to bend easily and perfectly with a hair dryer, and then held it there until cold, but it has some serious shape memory.  But I still managed to pull this off.  Her feet just barely reach the pedals which would be much better if her darn skirt would cooperate.  I also had to carve a little on the valk between her legs.  I found it helps greatly to take her underwear off (not trying to be pervy, just got in the way), and I had to carve a little out of the front of the skirt hole where the torso connects.  Anyway, check it out...

Oh, and when I picked this face it seemed a perfect toothy smile with eyes closed like one might be with the wind in their face, but now it just looks like a grimace.  I think the wide open mouth might be better, but this will have to do for now.

IMG_20201218_220013349.thumb.jpg.4d104de0ac908be3b83920333d172a08.jpgIMG_20201218_215111132.thumb.jpg.44b27c00c368dc5770f2b3e5a97ff84d.jpg

IMG_20201218_220032094.jpg

Edited by Pontus

Now that my VF-25G Klan Klang kit has arrived I just noticed that there are no water decals for the markings included, just for the eyes. The rest are only those awful stickers sheets. That's really annoying me now, because I can't print the white SMS003 lettering. :angry:

Why did they added water decals with SMS markings to the first VF25 kit and not in this one, too?

Edited by CrossAir

• 2 weeks later...