Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

frakking FINALLY!

AND it's Best Girl, too!

EDIT: That said, the sculpt isn't particularly accurate... There's far more of the regular VF Girl than I'd like, not enough of either Klang form. It actually reminds me of the "Half Age Girls" (still such a terrible name for the line, I don't understand what appeal they POSSIBLY saw in going with that) depiction of her. Ah well. The Megahouse figures are still looking good.

Edited by kajnrig

Finally they're using a Macross girl rather than a generic girl.

Also nice to see that for the VF-25 they're going to have a Super variant available.

Next I want a Tornado Sheryl, or Armored Ranka.

edit; Yeah, I'm down for one of these.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

On 2/6/2020 at 10:16 AM, Chronocidal said:

I'm not going to knock the figures, because they're well crafted, and easy to put together, but the entire reason I picked any of these up was to get more 31As. :lol:  The fact that they're so close in scale to HMRs is just a bonus, and I barely see a reason to display these in anything but fighter mode.

The figures are just kind of a side project that I might use for something somewhere down the road, but I'm not huge on character models or figures.

Well unless you're like me and don't really want to break up sets etc. I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands. My home is always open for a few stay kittens. :lol:

Edited by renegadeleader1

Damn, hoped it would be only the standard version, but with supers I have to get a hold on this! And when they‘d do a tornado I need even twice. That is so mean, after the first VF-25 I thought to quit on this line. But at least the VF Master File has lots of color versions to offer B))

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

So how much paint and stuff do these require to look good?

A bit. Otherwise they're rather sticker intensive. This video will give you a good idea of what you're getting as he shows all the runners prebuild. His end result is just him panel lining, adding the stickers, and water side decals to it/them/her. :lol:

EDIT:the only thing he painted was the swimsuit apparently.

Edited by renegadeleader1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry! I've been out of the loop with this series for quite a bit. If someone could give me a heads up on the quality of the series and what the difference is between all the iterations/versions of the VF-31, that would be phenomenal. Like, I get there's a version 1.2 and 1.3?

Edited by Actar

I can't really explain the intricate details of the different releases, but I did do a quick slap-together build of the VF-31D this weekend.  I will say flat out that the parts breakdown for that kit is just bonkers.  I really think it was unnecessary, and I think it artificially inflated the cost of the VF-31D compared with the 31A (or the others), but the 31D includes duplicates of probably half the parts for the fighter, both in orange and tan plastic. 

Personally, I would have been happy with all tan parts, and you can build it that way (and it would probably be better to do so, so you can just mask and spray the orange sections), but you're left with huge sections of unused plastic in bright VF-1D orange.  I'm glad the options are there, but it's just an odd choice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 11:40 PM, kajnrig said:

Girl got an ass that don't quit.

Indeed.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:29 AM, electric indigo said:

Oh how technology has improved.

Indeed.

Unfortunately Klan Klan has nothing on the pinacle of mecha girl model kit boooty that is Megami Device Jeanne from Phantasy Star Online 2.:lol:

kbykp-482_10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My VF-25S in SMS Pixie Squadron livery is finally done. Had some hard times during the building but now that the last matte coat is on I feel quite happy about it. Though  there are some issues with the fitting of the transformable parts. Have to check these after the paint has definitely dried and as I can put some pressure onto the respective parts.

Compared to the VF-31 kits it is great that the legs can be transformed to Gerwalk mode without changing of parts. Of course it would be cool if they also did this to the arms. But I think this kit is still an improvement over the VF-31s. Now give me the VF25G Version with Supers :D

IMG_3302.thumb.jpeg.85d174a31d4dfa35e554a4830a1e992f.jpegIMG_3317.thumb.jpeg.5c368001e56a1c2ffcfe6eb64b725e19.jpeg

IMG_3308.thumb.jpeg.2417f3ca51d4614ea644815d9aa05c10.jpeg

IMG_3318.thumb.jpeg.d5da5b8d43139609a79ac2c6e5b3a128.jpeg

IMG_3269.thumb.jpeg.3957a313bc9955a2d27e6e997dea6323.jpeg

IMG_3265.thumb.jpeg.1a33e242dbdaaca17c34890e3b67e9d9.jpeg

IMG_3294.thumb.jpeg.e0565c214070513fca1a575922f73771.jpeg

IMG_3304.thumb.jpeg.1ad5ccdea3a6d69657441837ca0bc7be.jpeg

IMG_3289.thumb.jpeg.a9f8b76b78941f38e8447c6a53355825.jpeg

IMG_3285.thumb.jpeg.29c0eeb5deb7fb646ee3bc412ae3a5eb.jpeg

Edited by CrossAir

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9800 might be the price with tax. (10% I think? I forget.) Take that off, it's about 8900, and then HLJ tend to take off another 10-15% on top of that to remain competitive, so... 8100? Today's conversion rate, that comes to ~$75. Seems about right.

Dunno, but either way, preorder placed, looking forward to it.