Aoshima VFG

TMBounty_Hunter

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WaferMouse said:

: How do you do the thing where it embeds tweets?

Don't use the mobile url. If you paste the plain url the forum software will embed it automagically

I didn't actually notice the extra ponytail on the 35th Anniversary version, just assumed it was decal/sticker spam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine took a leisurely 50 days to arrive by SAL, but now it's finally here I'm quite happy with it. The only issue as already has been mentioned is that it's not one of the characters from the show, but that can be fixed with a bit of putty, sweat and tears down the road

LM0fakz.jpg

DkTT4zJ.jpg

FNSRBlh.jpg

F5j5vqZ.jpg

WeyqFyo.jpg

ZotIZ0p.jpg

I don't own the Figuarts to do the try myself, but here's a height chart for how it compares to other plastic model waifus. Also how a few of them fit on the Gerwalk. Did these tests to see if any of them would be useful smaller/bigger starting points for the Walkure because there is some height variety to the cast.

xKwDwwW.jpg

AaM596N.jpg

tBrSvtp.jpg

gnFxSeR.jpg

Frame Arms Girl and Chinagguy don't have good enough neck joints to look forward unfortunately, so if you're gonna use them for this it's gonna need neck surgery.

After a side by side comparison, I'm still very much pleased with what Aoshima delivered. Now I just want more variety of the kits.

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

Was the kit properly molded? Looking over a review on eBay, and it said that there were incompletely molded parts. I have been REALLY interested in this kit since it's announcement. I am liking what I'm seeing here and am hoping that may have been an isolated defect. 

Edited by fhrex

On 6/30/2018 at 3:33 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

I don't own the Figuarts to do the try myself, but here's a height chart for how it compares to other plastic model waifus. Also how a few of them fit on the Gerwalk. Did these tests to see if any of them would be useful smaller/bigger starting points for the Walkure because there is some height variety to the cast.

xKwDwwW.jpg

Frame Arms Girl and Chinagguy don't have good enough neck joints to look forward unfortunately, so if you're gonna use them for this it's gonna need neck surgery.

After a side by side comparison, I'm still very much pleased with what Aoshima delivered. Now I just want more variety of the kits.

Thanks for this! Really appreciate it. ;)

Figuarts Freyja I believe is around 13.5 so she's kind of in-par with the Megami Device figure.

Figuarts Freyja is always on discount so... Hmmm...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's the google translate of the article:

VFG Macross Δ VF-31 J Siegfried Ver.1.3

Very popular VF Girl 
Siegfried flies again with renewal!

VF-31J Siegfried released in the first version of VF Girl was reconstructed with parts refined with the second Macross 35th Anniversary. Verification of each part structure improves the range of motion, Ver.1.3 with wider range of play has appeared in limited quantity!

【Differences from the first bullet】
· Hand parts of the opening hand used in Batroyd, Gawork are included 
· Eliminated protrusions of hip of girls body. A more natural appearance when the hip parts are removed 
· Review of the gar knee joints, the hip parts installation structure at batroid, the degree of freedom of the range of motion is improved 
· New hand parts for girl body are included

[Product specifications] 
Scale: non scale 
size: Aircraft overall length: about 205 mm Frame height: about 155 mm 
Material: PS / ABS / PVC 
· 3 shapes reproduced with part change 
, snap fit model 
· color coded molding 
· tampo printing with expressions 2 Seed, tampon printing No expression included 
- Color sticker reproduction sticker, eye decal included

ve02.jpg

ve03.jpg

ve04.jpg

ve05.jpg

ve06.jpg

ve07.jpg

ve08.jpg

ve09.jpg

ve10.jpg

ve11.jpg

※ Base is not included. 
※ The image is painted for photography with prototype. Actual product may differ. 
※ This product is a plastic model kit. For assembly, tools etc. are required separately.

I suspect 1.0 was original, 1.1 was 35th anniversary, and 1.2 is the catgirl?