Mission 6: Decision Overload  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (So many choices: #TeamMirage #TeamFreyja #TeamMakiMaki #TeamSpicyJellyfishchips #TeamUmiNeko)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (#TeamBuzzkill)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 6 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

I'd say her genetics are perfectly fine and it's just the constantly anxiety of your grandparents and also your aunt all saving the galaxy on multiple occasions. She'll probably find her groove eventually :D

So was that the Windemere superweapon or the aftereffects of it being used during the war 7 years ago?

Seems Mirage didn't inherit the top ace genes.

Even hayahaya have better skill than her, but she had field experience in last war...

And finally they start connected to begin the triangle

Love the space fight :) VF31 with super parts and sound booster, nice :)

Edited by CRYO

As Windermere conquers more planets Chaos begins an operation to stop the tide. Aether launches with Alpha, Beta and Delta Squadron.

This episode focuses on the trials of the main triangle. Mirage burdened by her family's legacy and expectations of others. Hayate in saving Mirage from death has first kill with a mook newbie Aerial Knight. Freyja with accusation of Bogue she is traitor.

Mikumo questions what is Freyja motivation and telling her to comfort Hayate. However Mirage beat her to the punch. Mirage relating how she felt with her first kill fighting fighting an Anti-UN group. Freyja is at the background contemplating.

Yes people the love triangle is forming.

Keith in this episode is blood thirsty. They had to retreat as it is affecting Heinz badly. Later Keith brings Heinz outside to show him the reason why they fight. Showing him a crater bristling with energy. The doom of Windermere.

Post credits Captain Johnson presents an operation to Vordor. An infiltration one it seems. Preview has Mirage in a disguise.

As Windermere conquers more planets Chaos begins an operation to stop the tide. Aether launches with Alpha, Beta and Delta Squadron.

This episode focuses on the trials of the main triangle. Mirage burdened by her family's legacy and expectations of others. Hayate in saving Mirage from death has first kill with a mook newbie Aerial Knight. Freyja with accusation of Bogue she is traitor.

Mikumo questions what is Freyja motivation and telling her to comfort Hayate. However Mirage beat her to the punch. Mirage relating how she felt with her first kill fighting fighting an Anti-UN group. Freyja is at the background contemplating.

Yes people the love triangle is forming.

Keith in this episode is blood thirsty. They had to retreat as it is affecting Heinz badly. Later Keith brings Heinz outside to show him the reason why they fight. Showing him a crater bristling with energy. The doom of Windermere.

Post credits Captain Johnson presents an operation to Vordor. An infiltration one it seems. Preview has Mirage in a disguise.

so its true then. winderemere would be eaten by fold faults that protect it, so they desperately need a new world. perhaps it has something to do with the ruin artifacts

Even hayahaya have better skill than her, but she had field experience in last war...

And finally they start connected to begin the triangle

Love the space fight :) VF31 with super parts and sound booster, nice :)

Yeah, loving the superparts/soundbooster combo. And I believe the VF-31A in action as well.

Throwback to DYRL with the graphics of the incoming missiles.

So a Siegfried got blown up, right? I thought it was one of the main characters. I guess it was one of the other platoons? And I thought I saw the Drakken pilot eject before he lost the fighter, so why was Hayate all torn up about it if nobody actually died?

So a Siegfried got blown up, right? I thought it was one of the main characters. I guess it was one of the other platoons?

And I thought I saw the Drakken pilot eject before he lost the fighter, so why was Hayate all torn up about it if nobody actually died?

The explosion got the ejector seat before Master Herman could. And Hayate saw exactly that. Not just the machine blowing up but the fleshbag within.

So a Siegfried got blown up, right? I thought it was one of the main characters. I guess it was one of the other platoons? And I thought I saw the Drakken pilot eject before he lost the fighter, so why was Hayate all torn up about it if nobody actually died?

That was from Alpha and Beta platoons. They were using VF-31A variants as well.

Very good episode some interesting things...

Hayate is the first one to score a confirmed kill of a 262

The triangle is really starting now #TeamMirage

Being based in the same NUNS framework the iFF of the 262 can be read by someone in a VF-31 (image below), this explains why they use their jamming systems in Al-Shahal

eti3vji.jpg

262 cannon fodder pilot makes me think that we are going to see the fiance of Freyja in the future

I like that they didn't make Mirage a supergifted pilot from the get got, but gave her limitations, doubt and reasons to do even better.

I wonder if we'll hear her sing at some point if the flying thing doesn't work out :p

I like that they didn't make Mirage a supergifted pilot from the get got, but gave her limitations, doubt and reasons to do even better.

I wonder if we'll hear her sing at some point if the flying thing doesn't work out :p

Well Mirage's VA Ami Seto is a known singer so I wouldn't be surprised if she does. :D

How did you guys watch the episode? The only versions i see on sundays are raw versions, so I guess you guys are able to understand spoken Japanese.

I almost never watch raws (maybe twice during all of Frontier), but this seemed to be a heavily talked about ep, so I did this time. Pretty much fast-forwarded through the dialogue scenes (can't get TOO much out of them) but the mecha scenes are fairly self-explanatory.

Haven't seen the episode yet, will watch the sub tonight.

But a couple of questions:

1) Are the sound boosters and Fast Packs individually colour coded to the mecha they are mounted on?

2) Is the sound booster a replacement for the standard weapons pod? Or is it an external add on like the FAST packs?

Graham:

1. Yes to the second part, doesn't look like it for the first. Even more so than in Frontier.

The thrust boosters have just a single band of color, and the leg armor seems generic grey---but all the shoulder/forearm/pelvis/thigh bits are VERY colored

2. Replacement.

3. (I know you only asked 2). The

Sound Boosters and FAST packs are are clearly independent,

because the

Super VF-31A had the original weapons pod/beam cannon with the FAST packs. (as did Mirage, at the end, somehow)

Wait...where was Mirage

storing the beam gunpod if her 31C was equipped with the Projection Pack?

OK, I think I know what happened at the end (or at least it's a logical explanation):

Mirage grabbed the beam cannon from the VF-31A that was shot down.

I practically frame-by-framed, and we don't see it happen, because it just appears out of nowhere. But it makes sense.

Dilution.

Milia is 100% engineered-meltrandi-ace genes. Mylene is 50% meltrand-ace and 50% Jenius-ace. Mirage is only 25% of each. Unless her other grandfather is like Roy's unknown brother. I'm pretty sure Mylene would have been even better if she cared/practiced more. Mirage trains and flies constantly as her sole focus, and still seems inferior to Mylene. (certainly flying doesn't come as easily to her as it does to Mylene)

Dilution. Milia is 100%. Mylene is 50%. Mirage is 25%.

That implies Max was 0% to cause that dilution... and that is just wrong. Also Mirage is Miranda's daughter.. we don't have any clue if she was a good pilot.

I wasn't finished with my "analysis" when you quoted.

I was only talking about the "genetically engineered by Meltran scientists specifically to be an ace pilot" part... (as opposed to Max, who's simply very gifted, and not a genetic experiment)

With Max, it's likely mostly through skill/gift/training. But with Milia---it's an inherent part of her genetic code

How did you guys watch the episode? The only versions i see on sundays are raw versions, so I guess you guys are able to understand spoken Japanese.

Some watch the live stream and follow live-stream threads.

Fansubs are out!

Subs need an editor and a spell-checker.

-Forget the others. I'm leaning toward #TeamMakiMaki. Dang girl!

-Guess we have our first animation error with Mirage's gunpod. Ooops.

-I'm not liking the VF-31's boosters. They feel a lot bulkier than the VF-25's and less streamlined.

-Mirage is going to have to make up for her "by-the-book" flying.

-As for Hayate, the 1st kill is always the hardest.

-Mikumo is like Messer.

Haven't seen the episode yet, will watch the sub tonight.

But a couple of questions:

1) Are the sound boosters and Fast Packs individually colour coded to the mecha they are mounted on?

2) Is the sound booster a replacement for the standard weapons pod? Or is it an external add on like the FAST packs?

Graham,

I guess the VF-31 also carries over the YF-30's concept of a multi-purpose container unit. The speaker/projector unit replaces the normal gunpod/power charger pod.

Analysis should come before a complete post, lol. However I'll grant you it since the final version makes sense. For all we know the family on Mirage's father's side are equivilant to falling bricks in planes, heh.