Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 5 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 5: Moonlight Dancing  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (It's a supernatural delight Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Needs more cats)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 5 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

We get finally some timeline on Delta. Around 40 years ago Humans first made contact with Windermere and Ragna uplifting it's inhabitants. In the case of Windermere some elements did not like the Humans showing up and uplifting them. Compared to Zolan where they were at least 20th century level tech before first contact these two worlds were more primitive.

7 years ago the revolution happened led by the elder Windermere who was Ernest Johnson's friend. There seems to be a native Windermere fighter in their picture.

While Roid was taking with the king over the situation and Heinz health the Protoculture was mentioned.

Walkure all heard Heinz sing and he is a guy. Hayate didn't hear him but felt the dimensional disturbance thanks to his fold quartz. Establishing yeah Windermere is responsible for all the Var incidents.

As for Freyja Chaos HQ and the public has their suspicion she is is a spy but Chaos Ragna doesn't think so. Chaos is a PMC it seems. While Bogue who is immature by Windermere standards due to his attitude and Rune flashing thinks Freyja is a traitor.

Hayate had a moment of truce with Scar Seacat.

As Makina and Reina protect Freyja from the media Hayate takes her outside to escape. Mirage follows. We have that Hayate knows Mirage's issues about her grandparent's rep and says it doesn't matter.

Hayate takes Freyja for a ride in his VF with everybody in Walkure hearing Freyja sing. Again Messer had to be buzzkill talking about this war. Takes it out on Mirage as well which pisses off Hayate. Hayate pretty much says he'll end this war his way with freedom of flying.

We get finally some timeline on Delta. Around 40 years ago Humans first made contact with Windermere and Ragna uplifting it's inhabitants. In the case of Windermere some elements did not like the Humans showing up and uplifting them. Compared to Zolan where they were at least 20th century level tech before first contact these two worlds were more primitive.

7 years ago the revolution happened led by the elder Windermere who was Ernest Johnson's friend. There seems to be a native Windermere fighter in their picture.

While Roid was taking with the king over the situation and Heinz health the Protoculture was mentioned.

Walkure all heard Heinz sing and he is a guy. Hayate didn't hear him but felt the dimensional disturbance thanks to his fold quartz. Establishing yeah Windermere is responsible for all the Var incidents.

As for Freyja Chaos HQ and the public has their suspicion she is is a spy but Chaos Ragna doesn't think so. Chaos is a PMC it seems. While Bogue who is immature by Windermere standards due to his attitude and Rune flashing thinks Freyja is a traitor.

Hayate had a moment of truce with Scar Seacat.

As Makina and Reina protect Freyja from the media Hayate takes her outside to escape. Mirage follows. We have that Hayate knows Mirage's issues about her grandparent's rep and says it doesn't matter.

Hayate takes Freyja for a ride in his VF with everybody in Walkure hearing Freyja sing. Again Messer had to be buzzkill talking about this war. Takes it out on Mirage as well which pisses off Hayate. Hayate pretty much says he'll end this war his way with freedom of flying.

just I tought. freyja would be accused a traitor by both side.

So I assume Macross fleets have no Prime Directive ala Star Trek? Seems to me Ragna and Windemere fleets just landed on pre fold civilizations and pushed their way of life on them.

The Galaxy Treaty forbids invasion of planets with intelligent life. Which was why it was a big deal that Frontier went to colonize the Vajra homeworld without telling the NUN. But this was 40 years ago we don't know when the treaty was ratified. The government went from a centralized government to a decentralized one. Granting sovereignty to fleets and planets. Which is probably why the NUN didn't care when Windermere seceded.

Humans seem to have this Earthman's Burden in uplifting their fellow Sub-Protoculture due to their trauma in Space War 1. Zola was uplifted but they did it at their own pace as industrialization of their planet isn't their despite having mostly 20th century level of tech. Zolans want to be in harmony with nature. Also Zola's microbial environment is lethal to non-immunized off worlders so there are a few humans living there.

post-9033-0-02356500-1462117915_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness those look like Galaxy's Deneb class ships! That big ship could be a Dulfim variant.

Could the cyborgs be backing Windermere secretly?

Edited by RedWolf

The most exciting part i enjoyed wasnt even in this episode... :lol::lol:

What is that the VF-31, Hayate? MESSER'S 02 is carrying in the next ep!

post-15116-0-56238100-1462117957_thumb.jpg

post-15116-0-19390000-1462117968_thumb.jpg

post-15116-0-47232000-1462117987_thumb.jpg

Gives hope that the pod the 31 is carrying can be retrofitted!

Edited by seti88

Lots of dialogue. Will have to wait for the subs to get a clearer idea of everything. I'm enjoying the political situation here, though. Something I never thought I'd get to say about Macross. But if there's anything you can say about Kawamori, it's that he's smart about what he does.

I'm really hoping to see some Ragnan aquatic Overtech, though. An entire Protoculture-derived species populating an almost entirely underwater planet. Imagine the possibilities.

Meeser is such a buzzkill. It was funny when he established a lock-on on Hayate. :D

-The whole Max/Milia flashback was Mirage relating what Freyja is going through living up to their legacy or something (?).

uuWBVdo.gif

We get it almost every night

When that moon is big and bright

It's a supernatural delight

Everybody's dancing in the moonlight

post-9033-0-43888500-1462127543_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-68389600-1462127576_thumb.jpg

First contact

post-9033-0-83300200-1462127630_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-36073100-1462127663_thumb.jpg

We're being oppress that is why we are invading your planets to bring freedom! Oh those ships seem reminiscent of the Deneb class. Galaxy cyborgs as Windermere backers?

post-9033-0-27224600-1462127719_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-71679500-1462127751_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-75583600-1462127825_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-75879900-1462127860_thumb.jpg

The Draken's Sv predecessor and it looks like to have an ISC due to the Fold Quartz.

Was that a......

Megaroad class ship that was landing on Windemere?!

Well...

I called it in the last episode thread, Megaroad 06 got to Windermere and Macross 01* got to Ragna (Laguna), so the galactic maps in Frontier and Delta are the same, thanks to that we can know what happened with every fleet that parted from earth since 2012.

Curious enough is that Megaroad 01 status is still OK, even in 2067

* = got to correct myself I want to mean Macross 01 but I wrote it wrong and put Macross 03

Edited by Alberich

Judging by the health of their leaders, I would say Windermere's timetable has nothing to do with the life expectancy of the average Windermeran. The king isn't doing good and it looks like Heinz's singing is likely taking a lot more out of him. That means there's no line of succession after Heinz dies. Keith is illegible for the throne being a bastard son.

And Bogue's ruin was glowing when he saw Freyja's pic. :D Oh the boner jokes one can make....

Well...

Their status has never been broadcasted publicly. Publicly, they are still traveling. Under the books, they are listed as MIA.

Well...

I called it in the last episode thread, Megaroad 06 got to Windermere and Macross 03 got to Ragna (Laguna), so the galactic maps in Frontier and Delta are the same, thanks to that we can know what happened with every fleet that parted from earth since 2012.

How would you know it was Megaroad-06 that ended up in Windemere when there was no designation of the fleets in the star map?

How would you know it was Megaroad-06 that ended up in Windemere when there was no designation of the fleets in the star map?

Pretty much this

Just compare the colonization fleet route maps in Frontier (where it is labeled) and Delta.

Just realize that...

Frontier have more routes as you can see that it has all the fleets that parted from Earth and Eden. But they are marked with different color so you should not have any problem knowing which one is which one. Also take into account the perspective of each map is different but the routes from Earth are the same.

Just compare the colonization fleet route maps in Frontier (where it is labeled) and Delta.

I did. I only saw Megaroad-04 and Megaroad-05 in the Frontier star map but it quickly pans away to Macross Frontier and Galaxy. It's very difficult to determine the other fleets since you couldn't read the names anymore since they were too far.

Edited by Windrider

I did. I only saw Magaroad-04 and Megaroad-05 in the Frontier star map but it quickly pans away to Macross Frontier and Galaxy. It's very difficult to determine the other fleets since you couldn't read the names anymore since they were too far.

Is not that difficult you just need to go frame by frame... I fact the one with the initial idea was Aisha Blanchette but he/she didnt finish with a statement about Windermere or Ragna, but did this

tWGEDKY.jpg

Taking into account that I got to see for myself, but i didn't put names on the map or anything fancy as Aisha (I'm doing at this same moment my Ph. D. thesis paper), still I got this one for you.

70fXNFD.png

Also I got to correct myself here I said Macross 03, when I meant Macross 01 XD

And here you are a merge of what I can do right now and the original from Aisha

hhGOGAC.jpg

Edited by Alberich

The possibilities for the ship that landed on Ragna were always pretty narrow... not many New Macross-class ships out there without shells.

The possibilities for the ship that landed on Ragna were always pretty narrow... not many New Macross-class ships out there without shells.

I'm questioning if this is a New Macross Class as Roid said 40 years ago. That would make it 2027. Macross 1 left in 2030. Unless of course he was fudging numbers. If he isn't maybe a class between the Megaroad and City class which had the capacity for a million excess population.

Edited by RedWolf