I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

On 8/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Hope this will suffice for now. 

I will be displaying these and more at SDCon in October.  You should all come out and enjoy and support this time honored event.

For the fans by the fans.

image.jpeg.86f960a71225684197e5c4f1bedb4121.jpeg

Dear lord that is an absolutely stunning custom collection you have there! :shok:

On 8/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, Lolicon said:

Dear lord that is an absolutely stunning custom collection you have there! :shok:

Thanks man. Actually a huge thanks goes out to the original commissioner of these beautiful birds.

Thanks Fearyaks.

I was just lucky enough to spot the sale and grab all of them at once.

• 11 months later...
10 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Just firing up the old nostalgia thread. ;)

image.jpeg.24aa8931285ebdbdf0ca99822af126fc.jpeg

Love it!! Can't decide which one I like better. :lol:

By the way, a seller on Ebay 2 days ago had a Yamato 1/48 VF-1D w/custom Fast Packs made by Kurt... who here went for it? 

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It’s here. Plus a 1/60 Evo Toys VF-2SS for far  less than discount price that I consider basically free. ;) 

image.jpeg.ebab334d4e83b521b509ac52b29ba3bc.jpegimage.jpeg.12097b0fabeb83dc98fe9c5af88e6d40.jpeg

Now that is a beautiful sight, the VF-1D is the highlight & the Armor is the ultimate bonus. Glad it went to a good home! B))

39 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Now that is a beautiful sight, the VF-1D is the highlight & the Armor is the ultimate bonus. Glad it went to a good home! B))

Thanks.

I am super happy I got it.

Will be showcasing it at Super Dimension Convention on Sept 17. ;) 

6 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It’s here. Plus a 1/60 Evo Toys VF-2SS for far  less than discount price that I consider basically free. ;) 

image.jpeg.ebab334d4e83b521b509ac52b29ba3bc.jpegimage.jpeg.12097b0fabeb83dc98fe9c5af88e6d40.jpeg

That's beautiful and inspiring!

Thanks to Bandai, 1/48 is also the old/new hotness!

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Thanks.

I am super happy I got it.

Will be showcasing it at Super Dimension Convention on Sept 17. ;) 

All you need is a Hikaru & Minmay figure & that 1D is complete for a TV series display.

Love those customs @nightmareB4macross. Man, the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 days were like the golden age of customs. There were many good ones back then. I especially liked Kurt's custom VF-1s, which you seem to have managed to get a hold of. 

Wish people were still doing them, but it seems quite rare to see a new custom in general these days... or I just haven't paid enough attention.

4 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Love those customs @nightmareB4macross. Man, the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 days were like the golden age of customs. There were many good ones back then. I especially liked Kurt's custom VF-1s, which you seem to have managed to get a hold of. 

Wish people were still doing them, but it seems quite rare to see a new custom in general these days... or I just haven't paid enough attention.

Yeah, customs aren’t as abundant as they used to be.

Getting Kurt and Jung customs amongst many others in various scales has been a walk through memory lane. I am just fortunate enough to be able to track and acquire them. 

Personally and not to open a a debate with anyone, I’m still infatuated with the Yamato 1/48. They is just so much that can be done with these. I have a few customs yet to complete, but slowly getting there. One day, I’ll be done and getting there will be have the enjoyment I get from getting there.

Well, onto collecting. 

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Getting Kurt and Jung customs amongst many others in various scales has been a walk through memory lane. I am just fortunate enough to be able to track and acquire them. 

Personally and not to open a a debate with anyone, I’m still infatuated with the Yamato 1/48. They is just so much that can be done with these. I have a few customs yet to complete, but slowly getting there. One day, I’ll be done and getting there will be have the enjoyment I get from getting there.

Well, onto collecting. 

I love the Yamato 1/48s. The decos they had and simple, but perfect transformation make them irreplaceable to this day.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Well, onto collecting. 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I love the Yamato 1/48s. The decos they had and simple, but perfect transformation make them irreplaceable to this day.

I couldn't agree with you guys more!

12 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I just wish before Yamato went belly up, back when they were cranking out a Valk a week or so it seemed for a while, they would have done all the 1:48's schemes in 1:60V2. Man, that would have been so awesome...:(

^ Agreed. Would have loved to get a low-viz valk at 1/60 v2 scale.

I think we've seen bits and pics here and there.  But never a full set @nightmareB4macross.  Awesome work pulling off that custom. :good:

I do miss the good ol' days when people were customizing Valks like crazy.  For all the advances that have happened in the past decade, we're still dealing with annoying limitations with white-backed decals and stickers.

I also suspect life and family responsibilities have cut into our customizing free time.