I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

On 4/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, tekering said:

This isn't such a rare bird, is it? :huh:

elusive-jpg.29058089

So i checked on my two VF-1As and they look the same of the pics that have been posted. Even the box is the same. I checked pretty much everywhere and i was only able to find the TV version. I switched pilot on one of them but for the rest I couldn't find a VF-1A with DYRL pilot or with any other differences compared to the ones i own. Sorry, i am confused now...

IMG_20210430_153314.jpg

IMG_20210430_153351.jpg

IMG_20210430_153401.jpg

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

So i checked on my two VF-1As and they look the same of the pics that have been posted. Even the box is the same. I checked pretty much everywhere and i was only able to find the TV version. 

The only significant difference between the TV and DYRL VF-1A design is the protruding sensor package on the head:

wcvuzzPsEO2sTkCkn0Zmq-BPLFKr2MuolrmDxVKf

The TV version has a flat lens instead.

tGUT8_jMqorGLr2emi06DoQuaDMt3yk5jnn64NVk

The HMR included both heads, which gives us a fairly objective point of reference for comparison.

7cfae19e.jpg

And here I thought I covered all my bases getting all the 1/48 VF-1 head variants.

Didn’t know about those differences in the TV and DYRL 1A heads. :wacko:

Guess I should look for a Low Viz now! j/k

Edited by Mog

Other than the lack of the 2-seater variants, Yammie’s 1/48 line wasn’t too shabby.

I’m just surprised we didn’t see as many customs with the Version 2.0 Yamacadia 1/60’s.  I suspect the economy at the time and the sticker/decal aftermarket drying up had a hand in that.

Back on topic, I do handle these Valks with kid gloves (after slightly wearing out a few stickers on my custom).  But it’s still impressive how clear and well these Anasazi stickers have held up through the years:

916DEFDB-6A89-4E52-8EE5-F34B88BB3744.thumb.jpeg.88abf23fc2cbb6a6aaf23b76f8ad8430.jpeg

Along with all the trouble I went through to panel-line these two. ;)

On 4/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mog said:

Other than the lack of the 2-seater variants, Yammie’s 1/48 line wasn’t too shabby.

I’m just surprised we didn’t see as many customs with the Version 2.0 Yamacadia 1/60’s.  I suspect the economy at the time and the sticker/decal aftermarket drying up had a hand in that.

Back on topic, I do handle these Valks with kid gloves (after slightly wearing out a few stickers on my custom).  But it’s still impressive how clear and well these Anasazi stickers have held up through the years:

916DEFDB-6A89-4E52-8EE5-F34B88BB3744.thumb.jpeg.88abf23fc2cbb6a6aaf23b76f8ad8430.jpeg

Along with all the trouble I went through to panel-line these two. ;)

Still looking good!

On 4/30/2021 at 9:04 AM, Mog said:

Very nice custom.

Didn’t notice it at first, but I like the subtle bird silhouette on the nose. 

Many thanks brother 

50 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

@peter Great outdoor shots!

Thanks!   I should have brought my actual camera with me though instead of just using my cell phone.  

My camera produces better results I think:

PA101578.thumb.JPG.3cfac0775921aefcfd8d617f619cf66b.JPG

Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low-Vis

These are just reposts,  nothing new

PA101606.thumb.JPG.c0f0d97254879880016ff702eac00efa.JPG

PA101658.thumb.JPG.cf7e8504c30a5ccc7a6b7d5fc99157d8.JPG

PA101680.thumb.JPG.aedc7bd62870315860e1ccdbb6287aa0.JPG

PA141638.thumb.JPG.bcef447ff996dce49586aed884b4cfd8.JPG

Yamato 1/48 Max Super

PA141639.thumb.JPG.9683be74133558889823bd7806edd0c6.JPG

PA101651.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very nice.

The M&M color of the Yamato 1/48 always looked just right.

Congratulations!

Thanks @nightmareB4macross. I actually had the Arcadia M&M release and honestly I didn't really like the color shade they chose plus the backpack was so fricking tight, I was truly afraid to transform them. These Yamato's on the other hand, perfect shade of blue & dark red. :)

I have both 1/48 Yammie M&Ms in storage and also helped out @Slave IV in getting Milia's version when he couldn't find one after looking high and low for it.

Going to need a proper display case to show off Yammie 1/48 that I squirreled away as I have a very limited display space right now. ;)

I still have a few 1/48's. The non Cannon stuff and the M&M's. If Bandai comes out with replacements I'll probably replace them. I'm a DX whore. Or, maybe more accurately, I'm the DX's whore.:rofl:

Question for you 1/48 collectors.  How have your Valk's been holding up after all these years?  Yamato was really the only one who made them in that scale correct?  I had a bunch years ago but had to sell them because of adult stuff.  Thought about maybe getting one or two that I still miss.

5 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Question for you 1/48 collectors.  How have your Valk's been holding up after all these years?  Yamato was really the only one who made them in that scale correct?  I had a bunch years ago but had to sell them because of adult stuff.  Thought about maybe getting one or two that I still miss.

For 1/48s I stuck with the noncannon black and gray valks: one anniversary black and gold, 2 stealth 1Js (one strike, one in urban GBP), 1 low vis 1A. All have held up well (pictured with DX Roy and Max).

May be an image of food

They are in very good conditions. Transformed them few times and they still look pretty solid. Some of them yellowed of course, mostly the ones that were exposed to direct sunlight. Anyway the majority still looks great, especially the low vis ones and the three GBP armors. I guess my only complain is that many stickers are peeling off. But that's a good excuse to take them off completely and put waterslide decals instead.

Edited by Ryoma