I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

Haven’t counted or dusted them yet in a while. It usually take 2-3 days of cleaning. Taking them out and putting them back in the glass cases. For sure since I haven’t really sold any 1/48, still above the 120 mark, not sure if I cracked the 150 barrier. For sure 35-40% have matching SSP or GBP amors. I’ve lost count of those since a few of them are still unopened and I have a few containers with lose SSP that I acquired a while back. Got rid of some of the empty boxes. There was no point since I won’t be selling them anyway. I had a goal to at least get them laid out all in valk modes with either SSP in the living room floor which will take the whole living room floor space.  The opened ones at least, still debating on letting the ones in new boxes breath (they won’t be mib if I take them out lol). Not only is it a matter of time consumption to get all the opened 1/48 out, but getting the wife to ban her and the kids from the living for 2/3 days is a no no, so laying them all out is still a reach. I had reached out to an Australian company to see if they could build/print me a 1/48 air craft carrier deck (same company that produces the 1/48 decks sheet on eBay), but they said it would be too expensive. I suggested doing it in sections but I never got a reply back. I was gonna check with Miriya on the boards since he had printed me out stuff before if it’s doable. If anyone can print me or get me a quote for 1/48 mock up carrier deck print out that would be awesome. But for now Marvel has been taking up much of my time. I know this weekend it definitely will be. My DC has been collecting dust but as soon as I get a new body for Bane then I’ll shift attention there again. Finding time now is hard, family/kids, biking, macross, Marvel, dc, freaking backyard work. Ughh....

You can go to a dedicated print shop and either supply the artwork or work with their staff to design it. Of course working with a dedicated artist will cost more but you could probably be able to print the whole Prometheus top deck.

In the summertime you could even have it double as the coolest slip-n-slide. Just wet down the topside.

:)

That’s a great three to have @Bing!

I still love the Yamato 1/48s too! I know the 1/60 V2s are better and I love those too but the size, gimmicks and simplicity of the 1/48s is still very desireable to me. Also love the low vis and stealth decos you can’t get anywhere else. 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Looking good.  

Yamato should have not only done a matching set of SSPs, but a black GBP to match.

They should of since the GBP is well known.

Thanks to a scene where Hikaru ejects the complete suit in space after missing Minmay's live in action for the Miss Macross contest. :D 

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

They should of since the GBP is well known.

Thanks to a scene where Hikaru ejects the complete suit in space after missing Minmay's live in action for the Miss Macross contest. :D 

Now that you mention it. A black GBP would have been canon as it did appear in the series.

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Now that you mention it. A black GBP would have been canon as it did appear in the series.

Does anyone know where and when the Black GBP was shown either in SDFM/DYRL or in the other series? 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Does anyone know where and when the Black GBP was shown either in SDFM/DYRL or in the other series? 

It's been posted here befpre but I can't find it atm...I think it is from SDFM and it is a scene showing a VF-1A in GBP along with some Destroids defending the SDF-1.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

It's at the climax of SDFM episode 27, but I don't know if it's considered canon or not...

sukebe.jpg.0782a34659f21bafdf83d3d1131fde99.jpg

...since its markings read "Itano the Pervert."  :huh:

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Well, either the search here sucks or I suck at it. Anyways, I can't find the screenshot but I did find this pic of a prototype HMR based on it:

o0800093313783714056.jpg?caw=1125

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

I would snatch multiple copies of that!:shok:

As would everyone else that loves the VF-1J with the GBP! ;)

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Wasn’t that the scene where all the animators were giving a shout out to each other?

Well, Hideaki Anno, at least...  :db:

But I don't consider it canon, any more than the soda pop and beer can missiles in DYRL.  :unknw:

56 minutes ago, tekering said:

Well, Hideaki Anno, at least...  :db:

But I don't consider it canon, any more than the soda pop and beer can missiles in DYRL.  :unknw:

Love that part:wub:

21 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

But, soda and beer are very real.

;P

Haha!  Ya, but not canon:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...