I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Curious. I'm not sure what Japanese law have regarding objects that's being displayed publicly while some bypasser are holding their toys. I mean, the DX VF-1J is already been displayed publicly and they were outside of the said Tamashii Display Center. I understand the pixelizing or blurring of people's faces but toys/objects? No harm meant. I'm just curious is all.

I doubt Japan has any laws against taking pictures of things displayed to the public. Any restrictions will be from the store/venue. I remember trying to take a pic of the prize inside of a UFO claw machine and some employee quickly swooped in and told me that pictures weren't allowed. I guess they didn't want people to know what kinds of prizes they had?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I doubt Japan has any laws against taking pictures of things displayed to the public. Any restrictions will be from the store/venue. I remember trying to take a pic of the prize inside of a UFO claw machine and some employee quickly swooped in and told me that pictures weren't allowed. I guess they didn't want people to know what kinds of prizes they had?

Thanks Lolicon. About your incident, was that in Japan as well?

On 1/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Hello again fellow enthusiasts. I wanted to share another 1/48. This is one of my favorites a VF-1D M&M Virgin Road. It’s a kit I created many years ago, but has the finishing touches done by Kurt. 

46A8ACA8-292C-429A-B2AA-186F7F86CF5C.jpeg

I like that! I've been pondering where to stick the JUST MARRIED decal on my Yamato 1D. Across the chest doesn't look too bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

A little bit of Dis and Dat.

9BF95A67-B8A7-4ACA-861E-6B072413BC77.jpeg

53328B5B-8C29-4686-95B0-6D6B291345FD.jpeg

3068CFC6-BDE4-484D-B295-CD295C1A40F1.jpeg

Nice customs there!!!

While looking at 1/48 DX Max i ended up finding a 1/48 Angelbirds on Mandarake... So I bought it. Will see if it was a dumb purchase or not.

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ah I almost bought that one too lol 

mandarake is tempting me with all of these 1/48 yammies. I wish I had waited a year to catch-up on them :/

since Jungle's website went down, I have noticed that the prices of second hand valks (especially the 1/48 Yammies) had increased a bit from last year.  Of course, this could also be due to the fact that more people are now aware of the yammies entering the used market following the release of the 1/48 DX.  I really regret not picking up a 1/48 VF-1A when I could last year.  It's a lot more expensive now and much harder to find as well.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, borgified said:

I can say that @Kicker773's  collection is equal in size or does this version surpass it in comparison?   

This one is big, Kickers is still bigger, he has like 3 different Kakizaki DYRL Valks, more Low Vis 01's and custom VF-1A's (Max, Miria & Alaska Base) + all of the Weathered Valks. 

Still, that is a ton of 1/48 goodness and I am just a WEE bit envious!! :D

Very impressive on the utube. Not sure if it’s the lighting, but one or two look to be yellowing a little. 

Also surprised to see so little super /strike parts..

Edited by Bolt

13 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Check here for Kicker773 list back in 2010. So now, nine years later, we’ll then, you can only imagine.

The numbers are jaw dropping.

Yep.. Just looked through that. 

3 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Very impressive. Not sure if it’s the lighting, but one or two look to be yellowing a little. 

Also surprised to see so little super /strike parts..

The SSP just adds more spice to the actual valks itself. ;)

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I just can't wrap my head around this.  Over forty 1:48 Valkyries displayed on a custom-made flight deck base in fighter mode...

...and only ONE of them with landing gear deployed?  :huh:

24 minutes ago, tekering said:

I just can't wrap my head around this.  Over forty 1:48 Valkyries displayed on a custom-made flight deck base in fighter mode...

...and only ONE of them with landing gear deployed?  :huh:

I believe that flight deck is available on Tabao. If you look for display stands on the site the deck will show up down the list.