I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

I'll have to post a few more pics soon. I just picked up a 1/48 Max and I dug out a neat little accessory for my Hikaru. Hopefully the weather improves, it's been pretty pissy for the last few weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 1/48 in action.

I agree with some of the other members this looks better in fighter mode.

This and the strike parts were literally in the box for years.  Because I felt battroid transformation was a pain and it did not look as impressive in that mode.

Glad I revisited it, and put it all together again.

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

Nice! I would like to have a 1/48 as well in the future. That would be Hikaru's VF-1S Strike ofcourse. And since we're on a topic that the 1/48 looks great in fighter mode, would it be better if I just buy the Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1S Strike to display? Though I'm not sure if it's going to look good if I built it. Hehehe. :D

Can I request to members who have both 1/48's Yamato VF-1S and Hasegawa VF-1S to snap a quick shot together. Just want to see the differences. Thanks in advance. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm obsessed with the 1/48s. Had an Ichijo VF-1J with strike parts for years but was never in a position to buy more when they came out. Picking up all the 1/48s that I wanted now. It's costing an arm and a leg but I love them!

They are still my favourites. Although i do have to say that they did yellow a lot in the last couple of years. Especially angel bird, max and hayao VF-1A DYRL....they are in pretty bad shape.I do understand that we are talking about toys that are pretty old, i think some of them are almost 15 years old so I can't really complain about that. I would like to buy them again but I am just worried that, even if they are MIB, they might have yellowed anyway.

Yes they are very old at this point. I am picking up items that are sealed or only opened to inspect contents but I still worry that the white variants will yellow quickly or are already yellow out of the box. My ancient VF-1J still looks solid but I display it in an enclosed case in a room with no natural light. What are you gonna do? As long as I can enjoy them for a little while I'm happy :)

Well, those valks were like a dream coming true at that point of my life. It's just a joy looking at them so i see what you say. Also my vf-1j is in very good shape but she has been "covered" for years by the GBP armour. The best one is still Roy VF-1S; in all these years she hasn't aged a day!

Edited by Ryoma

Recently put my 1/48 Roy out and messed with it a bunch. Really, really love the 1/48 and mine has held up really well over the years. The little red lense by the landing gear fell out last time I handled it, easy fix though.

I just wish I had some better hands for it. Those chicken hands are so bad and no one seems to have thrown up some fixed posed stuff for 1/48s on shapeways.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken
Typos

22 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Recently put my 1/48 Roy out and messed with it a bunch. Really, really love the 1/48 and mine has held up really well over the years. The little red lense by the landing gear fell out last time I handled it, easy fix though.

I just wish I had some better hands for it. Those chicken hands are so bad and no one seems to have thrown up some fixed posed stuff for 1/48s on shapeways.

Someone here offered them back in the day. I know i got some and they are great. Hopefully they'll put them up on shapeways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/1/2017 at 11:34 AM, Skull 001 said:

The 1/48 is my favorite scale.  I think it is the perfect scale for these.  I wish it would get made again.  I would love a 1D or 1J cannon fodder.  Makes me sad that they are not made anymore.   

Your wish has come true.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:34 AM, Skull 001 said:

I wish it would get made again.  I would love a 1D or 1J cannon fodder.  Makes me sad that they are not made anymore.   

It's odd that Yamato never gave us a 1D, yet we got those non-canon color schemes...

low-viz.thumb.jpg.7803d6d211050c313f7a5976d6e44119.jpg

740576284_woodlandGBP.thumb.jpg.ad4533646ceece6fef12ebc8ebc86b6c.jpg

I doubt Bandai will ever give us these, though!  :lol:

7DD615F3-8DA8-42BD-9498-8A7E8FC8AD50.thumb.jpeg.d11d0f5cc393d01a809e5620035a501b.jpegFor years the only Macross toy I had were the 1/60 v1 and the 1/48 Roy VF-1S with SSP. Absolutely loved posing the 1/48 in fighter mode (with or without the fast pack), and to me it’s still the best looking fighter out there. 

The only shame was that the lights on the front of the boosters are both aligned to the left and came out asymmetrical. 

I have always regretted not getting the GBP and had to pay through the nose for my copy recently. But boy it was so worth it. The v2 1/60 seems lanky in comparison. 

Edited by rdrunner

43 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

7DD615F3-8DA8-42BD-9498-8A7E8FC8AD50.thumb.jpeg.d11d0f5cc393d01a809e5620035a501b.jpegFor years the only Macross toy I had were the 1/60 v1 and the 1/48 Roy VF-1S with SSP. Absolutely loved posing the 1/48 in fighter mode (with or without the fast pack), and to me it’s still the best looking fighter out there. 

The only shame was that the lights on the front of the boosters are both aligned to the left and came out asymmetrical. 

I have always regretted not getting the GBP and had to pay through the nose for my copy recently. But boy it was so worth it. The v2 1/60 seems lanky in comparison. 

Nice GBP collection! The 1/48 and HMR are my favorites.

6 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

do you guys bandai will continue their 48 line?

If the DX VF-1J sells really good & gets a good review it's a possibility. I'd love to see them continue this new DX (1/48-ish) line. We're all long over due a some Cannon Fodders (1A & 1J)  and the holy Grail IMO a 1/48 VF-1D. 

On 11/3/2018 at 2:25 AM, 505thAirborne said:

If the DX VF-1J sells really good & gets a good review it's a possibility. I'd love to see them continue this new DX (1/48-ish) line. We're all long over due a some Cannon Fodders (1A & 1J)  and the holy Grail IMO a 1/48 VF-1D. 

Yes please, I want a 1/48 CF and a VF-1D too.

speaking of 1/48s, I see used Woodland Camo GBP on the second hand market from time to time, but have NEVER seen the urban camo.  Was it a very limited release at the time?  I can't remember for sure.  Think it will really go well with the black and yellow VF-1S though.

The City Urban cameo? One was listed on Manda Years ago - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1087839518&ref=list (Long Gone)

Didn't @Kicker773 have one in his insane collection? Found it actually. Last pic, last unit in the right close to the glass wall! :p 

I've posted some of mine already, but here are a few.

@peter - I'm planning to bring some of my 1/60 over to where you took the pics of the 1/48 (I'm literally 15 mins away from there) when the weather starts to be more reasonable.  

*That's 1/48 Strike Hikaru with the 1/60 Yammie Nora in the first pic * 

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

Edit: That's the low vis 1a on the last two pics which I got from Jungle for 21.6 k yen. Definitely worth it.

Hmm.. Should I pick up the GPB pack as well?

@Slave IV - Aren't you going to toss your 1/48 pics in here (or did you)?

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The City Urban cameo? One was listed on Manda Years ago - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1087839518&ref=list (Long Gone)

Didn't @Kicker773 have one in his insane collection? Found it actually. Last pic, last unit in the right close to the glass wall! :p 

I've posted some of mine already, but here are a few.

@peter - I'm planning to bring some of my 1/60 over to where you took the pics of the 1/48 (I'm literally 15 mins away from there) when the weather starts to be more reasonable.  

*That's 1/48 Strike Hikaru with the 1/60 Yammie Nora in the first pic * 

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

Edit: That's the low vis 1a on the last two pics which I got from Jungle for 21.6 k yen. Definitely worth it.

Hmm.. Should I pick up the GPB pack as well?

@Slave IV - Aren't you going to toss your 1/48 pics in here (or did you)?

Are you in Richmond?!  

If you're that close, we should meet up sometime.

Help me find a 1/48 Roy that won't cost me my left nut, lol!

Edited by peter