The Umineko Thread

Saruta

i think if we look hard enough, i bet there's a yatai in the background of the Jellyfish Fest selling umineko-man... i'll take mine in kurogoma flavour.

black humour: i bet that fat little thing tastes like a block of premium butter, more blubber, the better... oh so goodddddd! **imagining ScarCat grilled over fire**

Just remember, the fatter the umineko, the more delicious, and Garfield there looks pretty plump... OIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

And if you look in that image I posted, there is already a set of dumplings in the background. Now, they aren't proper manjus, given that those are just tiny, but Garfield there can sure give you an idea of how many umineko-man he can make. But this is nice foreshadowing.

Edited by kalvasflam

Nope, female umineko are just smaller, as we can see in their intro "kawaii" sequence. Querule, the young kitty, is I think smaller yet.

No, a umineko can't pilot a Valk, but a umineko-man can pilot a Valk...

I'm sure a catfish could fly a jet with the right effort. Some cybernetic enhancements, a bit of genetic engineering, maybe some esoteric drugs...

I am not at all inspired by the running joke about a fictional ewok pilot in the X-Wing books(which eventually paid off in spades when a "real" gamorrean pilot with the ewok's background turned up)

Complete transformation into umineko-man in thirty seconds guaranteed, three different colors;

Including Garfield color, OIIIIIIIIIIIISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII green tea color, and the generic yellow grunt color.

Additional colors coming representing the non-aces of Macross Delta if they were umineko-man, blue and red.... cause you know, they're blue and red. $500 each. (best of all, completely edible, so you can feel free to buy another set for your collection later.

3751677606_ecd341f16e.jpg

Edited by kalvasflam

3751677606_ecd341f16e.jpg

usagi-man, kawaii! what... we're not eating the actual ScarCat aka Heathcliff? damn, here i am imagining it on a spit & grill :p

Scarfish will be okay. He is unkillable, the scar is actually from where a luckless harpoonfisher lanced him many years ago.

I'm more worried about his ladycatfish.

maybe the scar's from a jealous ex-ladyfriend? just sayin'...

Scarfish will be okay. He is unkillable, the scar is actually from where a luckless harpoonfisher lanced him many years ago.

I'm more worried about his ladycatfish.

I'm thinking part of the reason the Elysion did a take-off on thrusters over water was to scare all the wildlife with any sense (such as the mercats) out of the lagoon, so they don't get crushed by the underwater shockwaves when the ruins are blown up...

I'm thinking part of the reason the Elysion did a take-off on thrusters over water was to scare all the wildlife with any sense (such as the mercats) out of the lagoon, so they don't get crushed by the underwater shockwaves when the ruins are blown up...

Yeah, scare them by boiling the little suckers alive with their engines....

HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU????? :)

Rocket engines have a hot exhaust, and that is what flame-resistant lining for launch pad flame trenches is for. That is just for chemical rockets, nuclear rockets like those used by the Elysion would have hotter exhaust, and that is why I think it was better that they fired their engines over water than land. Better have mercats burned alive than city infrastructure. Edited by Nazareno2012

Heat doesn't transmit that quickly through water, and steam that's free to expand cools quickly - sure, whatever was near the surface directly under the ship would get cooked, but even just a hundred meters away would probably be fine, if badly shaken. It's a far different thing from setting off a reaction warhead right up next to something that they don't know what it does and which has the potential to go off like Castle Bravo...

Heat doesn't transmit that quickly through water, and steam that's free to expand cools quickly - sure, whatever was near the surface directly under the ship would get cooked, but even just a hundred meters away would probably be fine, if badly shaken. It's a far different thing from setting off a reaction warhead right up next to something that they don't know what it does and which has the potential to go off like Castle Bravo...

Whitewash this all you want, but we're cooking Mercats, whether its a single Mercat or ten thousand, the Elysion is spewing hot white death at the Mercats. Hmm, so, in this case, I guess we'll just have plain ol' char-broiled Mercats, or may be steamed Mercats instead of Umineko-man. I wonder if they are quite as OIIIIIIIIIIIIISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII as Umineko-mans.

So I was reading the new glossary on macross.jp and Google Translate said this for the Umineko:

"Black-tailed gull. Amphibious, such as combined seal and cats organisms. In eat but omnivorous prefer fish, blow by fin is intense. The Laguna who has long coexistence, have been cherished as us to get rid of the vermin. In popularity is higher as pets earthlings. The Laguna there is a legend that "the sea cat delayed tease and marriageable age."

:lol:

What the hell? Did the Protoculture mix Seals and Cats in Seacats? There are marsupial Cats on Zola. Voldorans are cat people.

Does this mean Vajra wasn't their only obsession?

Well yes, as I wrote already, there seems to have been a Protocatture.

did you guys see Umineko waving goodbye??? nooooo, they didn't take him along??? **sob**

Oh no, now the evil and terrifying plans of NUNS has been revealed, the whole point of the reaction weapons wasn't to kill the Windermeres, it was to mutate Garfield into a ginormous sea monster, and after he finally kills the Windermeres and their wind up toy, NUNS are going to cook Garfield up into thousands of umineko-mans. It's quite a clever plan once you get over the horrific nature of it.

NUNS are real bastards... wow, I can't believe what I just wrote, there are going to be some really unhappy NUNS, hopefully I didn't offend any NUNS here.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we know why there was a delay in evacuation. People were too busy gathering the Seacats to safety.

Of course, they must gather the ingredients for their yummy yummy uminekoman, the people of Ragna simply cannot live without it. The danger of course is that they don't know how long they are stuck in outer space, so they are already starting a breeding program to ensure a steady supply of ingredients.