The Umineko Thread

Saruta

These sea cats are so evil(mischievous). I wonder what Chuck and co were going to do with the beige sea cat after they catch it. I mean after they have stolen food, are they just going to strangle or torture it as punishment?

Tickle him to death! :D

I thought scarcat's first appearance was episode 3...but nah...he's at the beginning of episode 2 chilling on top of a crate when Hayate sneezes.

He was probably there JUST to make sure he got Hayate's allergies.

How did he know Hayate was coming, you ask? Scarfish has his ways.

Having been enslaved by Neko Atsume for much of the past year, I've started naming these mercats. The one that shows up at Ragnyannyan is Tubbs, obviously.

Mark

I got Neko Atsume a couple of days ago. And immediately wondered whether they might release a Macross Delta version. That would have to have a pier instead of a yard, sea-themed goodies, and of course, mercats.

What is the weird looking one that belongs to Mirage? It looks like it will appear in every episode from now on.

Qurule(?) seems to be the team pet, or at least that of the girls.

Qurule(?) seems to be the team pet, or at least that of the girls.

yeah, it seems like it's a dorm mascot. Kaname had it this episode. But it does seem to follow Mirage more. Maybe because she stays home more... lol.

yeah, it seems like it's a dorm mascot. Kaname had it this episode. But it does seem to follow Mirage more. Maybe because she stays home more... lol.

Mirage is seen with it in the opening as well. I think it's really hers but loves all!

Okay the same source in 2ch where Walkure anime magazine info came from says not only does Reina likes to eat jellyfish alive she is wondering what Seacats taste like.

Mercat sio pao and sio mai!

So, umineko AND a planet of cat people in the same cluster.

Was there a Protocatture, after all?

Dude Zola had marsupial cats with pouches like kangaroos. The abandoned declared bio hazard planet New Asia had Egyptian style Protoculture ruins with something like a Sphinx.

The Protoculture were animists probably worshiped cats before meeting the Vajra.

So the Protoculture WAS the Protocatture?

Perhaps they actually were cats who kept humanoids as pets and Zentradi were their equivalent of pit bull terriers, while they made pet breeds on Earth, Zola etc?

(Oh, yes, and Scarfish is a spy?)

Edited by Saruta

I'm waiting for the umineko to be cooked up in a manju... or nikuman. Then feed it to Hayate

Only the ocean version of it well do, what was it that Arad said, the deeper the Jellyfish go, the more tastier it is... I can see it now, the more agile and annoying the umineko, the better the nikuman as a result.

May be call it a umineko-man.

Edited by kalvasflam

So, umineko AND a planet of cat people in the same cluster.

Was there a Protocatture, after all?

I would say it seems so. The cat people aren't just looking like cats. Since Hayate is allergic to them, it implies that they are similar to cats on a molecular level as well.

(...Though technically, all unfamilliar and especially ALIEN proteins could act as allergens. But most sci-fi stories skip that kind of realism where all the characters die from anaphylaxis when taking their first breath on the new and wonderous alien planet.)

Edited by Lorindor

• 2 weeks later...

At this point the Umineko kind does not seem to be getting much love, with Querule playing with an iUmineko mobile phone being the only way they are featured in all of three episodes...

I want moar mercat.

Edited by Saruta

ScarCat can start playing his pivotal role now :)

but really... i've seen Querule the Creepy keychains or something... where are my ScarCat plushies??? is my money not good enough???

Where are my umineko manjus... or umineko-man? Garfield (that's what I like to call that fat umineko) probably is plump enough for at least two umineko-man

i think if we look hard enough, i bet there's a yatai in the background of the Jellyfish Fest selling umineko-man... i'll take mine in kurogoma flavour.

black humour: i bet that fat little thing tastes like a block of premium butter, more blubber, the better... oh so goodddddd! **imagining ScarCat grilled over fire**