Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 4 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 4: Shocking Debut Stage  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( Listen to Frejya's song! )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( Frejya. Worst. Debut. Ever.)

My observations from the episode:

-Awesome seeing the Elysium's arm detach and used its own ship.

-Mikumo is surprisingly mean to Frejya.

-Mikumo seems to speak for Walkrure a lot almost like she is in charge even though the other girl is the leader.

-Mikumo spread out her arms to a protective manner when the valks were protecting the civilians and not cowering like the other walkure members.

-Interesting that Messer was shooting down the infected un spacy pilots rather than try to save them.

-Arad seemed to recognize Keith from his flying style. Looks like they have a history.

I suspect there are some things at the top which are not revealed yet, like what was discussed at the restaurant between Arad and Kaname.

I don't think that the GG subs were entirely accurate, but at the end of the Episodes when the Coat of Arms were revealed on the SV-262s, isn't the more accurate translation for Arad's line: "As I thought, its the Aerial Knights" rather than just "It's the Aerial Knights", meaning that he's done some research and had his suspicions before this second engagement?

Edited by kensei

So Freyja likes every animated musical act... EXCEPT Sharon Apple?

No taste.

According to the subs the player was already prefilled when it was handed to her.

But yeah....where's Information High?!

Edited by UN Spacy

yeah she was given the player by a mystery someone. Can't be more than 5 years ago, since Sharon and Ranka are on there.

maybe Sharon is not distributed because of the incident at the end of Plus?

They tried a relaunch with a version called Sharon R but it's pretty a gutted version. It's like Tay in real life that Microsoft had to pull the plug on it. NUNS banned the use of Sharon type AI on military hardware. But that didn't stop Luca or Macross Galaxy making their own versions. It isn't Sharon's fault they used a human psyche as a template. Oh Marge was a mad scientist.

With NUNS galactic is coming, I wonder how NUNS respond to declaration of war?

With galactic scale war, I think this series will allow delta squadron travel to multiple system or colony ship to fight against wind kingdom onslaught. I hope we get to see Delta squadron actually travel to Macross 7 fleet or better yet frontier colony world to see how VF-25 and VF-29 fare against Draken

Well, they finally went from irregular warfare to out and out open war. It seems that they plan to use Var Syndrome on a large scale to beat the NUNS's numerical superiority. Wonder how Walkure will respond, or if maybe other singers themselves will get involved.

After seeing the Windermerian architecture, costume design & built-in fold amplifier implants, I was wondering if they might be some of the closest relatives of the protoculture that we've seen. Their religious dogma about the wind & bird iconography, and it's close ties to the mythology of the Mayan people would seem to bolster this. While I haven't watched the subs yet, it sounds like they feel that they have a better claim to the legacy of the Protoculture than humans/NUNS - perhaps for this reason.

I almost get a vibe of "Oh, so you changed the Galaxy with the power of song, eh humans? Well, check this out!"

Well, they finally went from irregular warfare to out and out open war. It seems that they plan to use Var Syndrome on a large scale to beat the NUNS's numerical superiority. Wonder how Walkure will respond, or if maybe other singers themselves will get involved.

Oh god, it'll be the end of the Frontier movies but with idol groups instead of Macrosses.

Oh god, it'll be the end of the Frontier movies but with idol groups instead of Macrosses.

Imagine, it's the final battle, and the idols are singing, then a red and gold VF-31 flies in and shouts "that's not how you do it!", then transforms in the middle of the battle as he shouts "LISTEN TO MY SONG!"

yozora wo kakeru RABU HA-TO

moeru omoi wo nosete

kanashimi to nikushimi wo uchiotoshite yuke

omae no mune ni mo RABU HA-TO

It seems a safe bet Messer isn't married, but I'm starting to wonder about his ability to appear completely oblivious to the advances of women. Is he just not into Ragnans, or are we really headed down the Keith x Messer route?

yesssssss... please make this happen!!! throw this fangirl some BL luhveeeeeeeeeee... fanservicing for ALL fans! :wub:

:rolleyes: at you guys complaining about the music. It's catchy and something different than the typical Kano (which I love but she isn't the only musician out there).

My thoughts on not mentioning Sharon...

Minmay, Fire Bomber, Sheryl/Ranka, Walkure all sang to fight off an enemy. Sharon did not. Simple. :)

Edited by MisaForever

I seem to recall it being said at one point that Sharon's music was banned for some years after the Sharon Apple Incident. That - in conjunction with who Sharon Apple was and her/its crimes - would probably contribute to why she is not counted amoung the notable singers in the Macross lore.

Compared to the rest of them, though, she's a small fry. Like she didn't even save the galaxy or anything.

Well it's still early in the series but she'll likely will anyway since she's the protagonist idol. She doesn't even need any fold amplifier like Mikumo to generate fold waves.

I seem to recall it being said at one point that Sharon's music was banned for some years after the Sharon Apple Incident. That - in conjunction with who Sharon Apple was and her/its crimes - would probably contribute to why she is not counted amoung the notable singers in the Macross lore.

This is a good point March-sama.

Anyone know the name of that song that they sung at the end of this episode (and last episode as well)?

She was notable enough though Sheryl included mention of her in one of her concerts.

Well it's still early in the series but she'll likely will anyway since she's the protagonist idol. She doesn't even need any fold amplifier like Mikumo to generate fold waves.

The "small fry" he was referring to was Sharon, not Freyja. Edited by d3v

Subs are out

Roid addresses the Brisingr Alliance and the entire galaxy. Declaring to the Children of the Protoculture they are declaring war on the NUN. Invading the planet Vordor while attacking Randor.

What the Brisingr Alliance is we don't know yet. Windermere could have its own allied planets.

Nice shout out to the Inheritance Cycle there.

Not just her music, IIRC... the Sharon Apple incident led to not just her music being temporarily legislated off the shelves, but the technology behind a fully responsive virtuoid being banned. IINM there was a virtuoid in Macross the Musiculture but it wasn't "alive".

Nice shout out to the Inheritance Cycle there.

Not necessarily... that's the Old Norse for "Fire", and we seem to be doing a bit of a classical elements theme in Delta.

We've already got the Humans (Earth?), Windermerians (Wind), Ragnans (Water), and now this other group who are presumably representing Fire.

(If we get a group representing "Heart" then I am right the hell out of this show...)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

After seeing the Windermerian architecture, costume design & built-in fold amplifier implants, I was wondering if they might be some of the closest relatives of the protoculture that we've seen. Their religious dogma about the wind & bird iconography, and it's close ties to the mythology of the Mayan people would seem to bolster this. While I haven't watched the subs yet, it sounds like they feel that they have a better claim to the legacy of the Protoculture than humans/NUNS - perhaps for this reason.

I almost get a vibe of "Oh, so you changed the Galaxy with the power of song, eh humans? Well, check this out!"

Maybe. I still think they are decendents of the Anima Spiritia army of ancient times, which is how they know to use fold song so well. Their runes appear to be naturally occurring fold receptors. If this is the case, it would reveal that the Anima Spiritia army were not necessarily all PC, but most were "Engineered" for this purpose. The fact that they appear to worship the Wind or Kadun also leads me to believe of all the PC engineered species they are probably one of the first and they may well know it. Though the spoiler would be if we had a Nome decendant in Walkurie to lay a similar claim...

24 hours of spoiler tags are up. If you haven't watched it, what are you doing here? Go watch it.

With NUNS galactic is coming, I wonder how NUNS respond to declaration of war?

With galactic scale war, I think this series will allow delta squadron travel to multiple system or colony ship to fight against wind kingdom onslaught. I hope we get to see Delta squadron actually travel to Macross 7 fleet or better yet frontier colony world to see how VF-25 and VF-29 fare against Draken

They're probably saying, "Not another one."

My observations from the episode:

-Awesome seeing the Elysium's arm detach and used its own ship.

-Mikumo is surprisingly mean to Frejya.

-Mikumo seems to speak for Walkrure a lot almost like she is in charge even though the other girl is the leader.

-Mikumo spread out her arms to a protective manner when the valks were protecting the civilians and not cowering like the other walkure members.

-Interesting that Messer was shooting down the infected un spacy pilots rather than try to save them.

-Arad seemed to recognize Keith from his flying style. Looks like they have a history.

1) It's been mentioned in text for other ships but now we get to actually see it.

2) Being mean and pushing her could been seen as the same thing. Mikumo knows Frejya is capable, but she needs that push.

3) Lead vocalist. She's the point-man.

4) I still say she's the 2nd coming of Basara Nekki.

5) As the man said, they knew what they signed up for.

6) He's probably seen them in action at some point in his career.

:rolleyes: at you guys complaining about the music. It's catchy and something different than the typical Kano (which I love but she isn't the only musician out there).

As I mentioned, I can listen to Fire Bomber (wasn't Kanno) but I'm having issues listening to Walkure. I like Frejya's voice. I like Mikumo's voice. But the songs aren't clicking with me. Hopefully as the show progresses, we will get songs more in tune with the singers voices.

Well in the movie Sheryl's concert acknowledged her. Then again Macross Galaxy may have been fans of Sharon Apple. So much they turned themselves to a AI hivemind and installed Sharon type AI on the V9's.

So what's NUNS defense against the Var Syndrome if it's galaxy wide?

Walkure mentioned that it has to be live performances. How far can Lord Heinz transmit the song?

I hear what you're saying, but I do think it's something that comes with time. I listen to the Frontier soundtrack end to end, but it wasn't until my first rewatch that most of the songs really started clicking with me. It took me forming a bond with the characters and knowing what their arcs were before the music started to have meaning, and now I love it. No guarantee of that here (Seven's music still leaves me cold), but I can see some of these growing on me as the characters seat themselves.

ETA: sorry, this is in reply to azrael's statement about the music. Apparently I didn't hit the quote button correctly.

Edited by guyxxed

Walkure mentioned that it has to be live performances. How far can Lord Heinz transmit the song?

Oh I don't know since it involves Fold Waves recruit Fire Bomber particularly Basara, Sheryl and Ranka and set up a Fold Wave network using Fold Quartz.

The relics being used by Heinz is obviously Fold Quartz. This is why Hayate can even hear it as he has his own Fold Quartz.

Worlds like the the Frontier colony and Ouroboros are possible targets as they are sources of Fold Quartz for the NUN.

Makes you wonder what wouldve happened to the galaxy if the SDF-1 landed on Windemere instead of earth. Would everyone be living under the windy rule of the Windemerians?

They'd become like the Marduk most likely until they doom themselves with the Protodevlin or the Vajra.

Say what you want about Humans but they are lucky bastards.

I'd assume that Walkure is not the only Tactical Sound Unit that exists to fight Var syndrome... the military wouldn't let one unit be sufficient for a single fleet in the 2040's. Each Chaos branch office may maintain a Tactical Sound Unit, or it's possible the New UN Forces have their own, or other PMCs raised their own units.

As Var syndrome is said to be a galaxy-wide problem in 2067, that'd imply that Heinz's range (with amplification) is effectively in the tens of thousands of light years. (Not without precedent, the Vajra were capable of intergalactic transmission.)

Makes you wonder what wouldve happened to the galaxy if the SDF-1 landed on Windemere instead of earth. Would everyone be living under the windy rule of the Windemerians?

Dunno... but their lifespans are so short we can at least be assured it wouldn't be a longwinded reign.