Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 4 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 4: Shocking Debut Stage  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( Listen to Frejya's song! )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( Frejya. Worst. Debut. Ever.)

Forcing spoiler tags in a thread used to discuss a episode is beyond annoying. What is the reasoning? What other reason would people have in coming to this thread?

Because not every one watches the show at the same time. If people in 1 timezone watches and posts spoilers of your favorite show when you haven't watched it in your timezone yet, would you appreciate that? We are giving people a chance to watch the show as we do with any TV or movie thread.

I don't speak the language, but it seems Makina and Reina engineered a solution into Hayate's VF-31 that allows him to safely fly without a helmet? That's pretty considerate of them

Also, since action sequences always parallel concerts, I'm surprised concerts aren't outright illegal by this point in the timeline.

I really dig how the -31s seem to be custom built for their operators. Gives them a sort of superhero vibe.

Having seen the episode, I got to wondering just how they had gotten their hands on Valkyrie technology. Especially since they are SV's, which haven't been used since Macross 0... so I decided to look at maps and this is what I found. I went back to Frontier and watched the scene showing all of the colonization fleets heading out and then used the map shown in Delta and found that surprisingly the trails matched up for all the ones launched from Earth. (Side note: We see that Galaxy launched from Eden) So I was able to accurately mark where Macross 7 is and Frontier is as of Delta is on the new map, but also find that it looks like Macross 2 wound up on Windemere. I apologize though for the crappy blurred screen grabs I did for the Frontier shots but it shows what it needs to. Sadly I wasn't able to make out what fleet was the one that reached Ragna due to my bad screen grabs, but perhaps someone else'll be able to tell. Anyways...

tWGEDKY.jpg

fIW8A2n.pngiTcfSaB.jpgAABzEhf.png

So based on this, we can assume since it is Macross 2 fleet, it was carrying perhaps some of the older designs? Such as the SV-51 or it'd be more apt to say it was probably carrying some SV-52's that had been retrofitted with the thermonuclear turbofans and produced by U.N. Spacy. I say this though, mostly based on the novelization of Macross Frontier which mentioned the SV-52's having been in production and were used in the filming of the Mayan Island Incident. I theorize that the Macross 2 fleet probably made use of these instead of the standard VF's.

It'd sure explain why they make use of SV designs and perhaps cover a bit of their xenophobia. Especially if we consider that a fleet making use of the SV-52's was possibly anti-U.N. Spacy/anti-NUNS. Or I might be just stretching things and the real factor is they got their hands on the SV's because they know their history. Either way, just something this episode made me ponder on. Especially after seeing the new Draken's in action.

I think you are referring to the "Megaroad 2" Fleet. Macross ships were sent out to nearby systems, but emigration fleets were sent out on long distance voyages. Considering Windemere is a long distance, it would make sense that one of the earlier fleets would find it eventually.

I think the reason I'm not enjoying this series is the music, believe it or not.

The non vocal background music is cheap PSX / Ps2 jrpg generic music while Mac Frontier got the full Symphonic orchestra treatment much like Mac Plus.

The non-vocal music in Mac F gave it a sense if epicness that I just don't see or feel here.

I think the reason I'm not enjoying this series is the music, believe it or not.

The non vocal background music is cheap PSX / Ps2 jrpg generic music while Mac Frontier got the full Symphonic orchestra treatment much like Mac Plus.

The non-vocal music in Mac F gave it a sense if epicness that I just don't see or feel here.

I can understand that, as Yoko Kanno was not involved in this production and her usual masterful work is absent. I actually like the music though, in spite of that.

I must say this is a killer episode, we got tons of developments happening and the 3 episodes of anticipation before this got the hook in, and then this episode comes along and set that hook.

Regarding the SV fighter designation, perhaps that's a UNS/NUNS designation, an not a native designation. I can't remember if Nora or DD used it in Zero.

Subs are out

Roid addresses the Brisingr Alliance and the entire galaxy. Declaring to the Children of the Protoculture they are declaring war on the NUN. Invading the planet Vordor while attacking Randor.

What the Brisingr Alliance is we don't know yet. Windermere could have its own allied planets.

Having seen the episode, I got to wondering just how they had gotten their hands on Valkyrie technology. Especially since they are SV's, which haven't been used since Macross 0... so I decided to look at maps and this is what I found. I went back to Frontier and watched the scene showing all of the colonization fleets heading out and then used the map shown in Delta and found that surprisingly the trails matched up for all the ones launched from Earth. (Side note: We see that Galaxy launched from Eden) So I was able to accurately mark where Macross 7 is and Frontier is as of Delta is on the new map, but also find that it looks like Macross 2 wound up on Windemere. I apologize though for the crappy blurred screen grabs I did for the Frontier shots but it shows what it needs to. Sadly I wasn't able to make out what fleet was the one that reached Ragna due to my bad screen grabs, but perhaps someone else'll be able to tell. Anyways...

tWGEDKY.jpg

fIW8A2n.pngiTcfSaB.jpgAABzEhf.png

So based on this, we can assume since it is Macross 2 fleet, it was carrying perhaps some of the older designs? Such as the SV-51 or it'd be more apt to say it was probably carrying some SV-52's that had been retrofitted with the thermonuclear turbofans and produced by U.N. Spacy. I say this though, mostly based on the novelization of Macross Frontier which mentioned the SV-52's having been in production and were used in the filming of the Mayan Island Incident. I theorize that the Macross 2 fleet probably made use of these instead of the standard VF's.

It'd sure explain why they make use of SV designs and perhaps cover a bit of their xenophobia. Especially if we consider that a fleet making use of the SV-52's was possibly anti-U.N. Spacy/anti-NUNS. Or I might be just stretching things and the real factor is they got their hands on the SV's because they know their history. Either way, just something this episode made me ponder on. Especially after seeing the new Draken's in action.

Just my wild guest...

I don't have too much time to add points to your map from Delta, but I did a little analysis of both maps and I think that the Fleet that go to Laguna is Macross 1 and the one in Windermere was the Megaroad 06, which still makes sense about the Sv's. Also i think that the point nearest to Frontier in there is Megaroad 01 which even in 2067 is still reported with and OK status.

Subs are out

Roid addresses the Brisingr Alliance and the entire galaxy. Declaring to the Children of the Protoculture they are declaring war on the NUN. Invading the planet Vordor while attacking Randor.

What the Brisingr Alliance is we don't know yet. Windermere could have its own allied planets.

perhaps it's "New" Anti-UN? consisting of several planets/world/ emmigration fleet that want to separate from New-UN?

Edited by eko.prasetiyo

Messer could be vulnerable to the Var syndrome in the future. He probably has some personal demons tearing him apart.

Also, Hayate's pendent seemed to resonate with Prince Heinz's song. The stone has a similar hue to the ones surrounding the prince's chamber. gg fansubs called them relics.

Subs are out

I still think Galaxy is involved. The SV could simply stand for "Space Variable" and it is the Alliance's designator for their brand of fighter. It is a throw back the he AUA's SV series of fighters from M Zero. The Brisingr Alliance may be the most recent incarnation of an anti-UN and SK is setting up the Macross Universe to have it's own cold war with two galactic superpowers: The UN Alliance vs the Brisingr Alliance.

Some other things I noticed in this episode...

-Messer was affected by the song. Hmmmm.....

-Mikumo reminds me of Basara for some reason.

-Kingdom of Wind's takeover reminds me of real-life, only added with declaring open hostilities with the UN. Perhaps the alliance opened trading with the Kingdom of Wind before the revolution making them a "revenge" target.

Understandable. I do like Frejya's and Mikumo's voice, but the songs aren't the best. I can still listen to Fire Bomber songs after all these years but I'm not sure with this show.

Messer could be vulnerable to the Var syndrome in the future. He probably has some personal demons tearing him apart.

Also, Hayate's pendent seemed to resonate with Prince Heinz's song. The stone has a similar hue to the ones surrounding the prince's chamber. gg fansubs called them relics.

hayate pendant is a fold quartz?

yes, I think there is a good possibility of that happening

I can understand that, as Yoko Kanno was not involved in this production and her usual masterful work is absent. I actually like the music though, in spite of that.

I had the same reaction to M7 and M0 (but mostly M0 because M7 is popcorn fluff). Arkan is one of the best things to come out of Macross, and Dogfight is good for getting the blood pumping, but otherwise I don't remember a single thing from it.

But as much as I heap praise on Kanno, a bunch of the Frontier stuff was just as forgettable. Okay, maybe none of them fall to forgettable status, but there are definitely tracks I skip. There was just a whoooole lot of music that it seems substantial in comparison to other stuff.

The prominence of trumpets in the soundtrack is a mixed bag. I remember thinking that the music playing during the VF duels and the 262 transformation rang a bit dissonant, but perhaps only if I'm in the mood for dramatic battle music rather than throwing caution to the wind adventure.

Just watched the subs...After the spoliers yesterday am getting Goosebumps watching this ep!!

Beginning to see mikumo Divaness! Not sure on waifu material now.. :lol: Look at what happened to the other lady M in real life..ends with adonna... :lol:

I had the same reaction to M7 and M0 (but mostly M0 because M7 is popcorn fluff). Arkan is one of the best things to come out of Macross, and Dogfight is good for getting the blood pumping, but otherwise I don't remember a single thing from it.

But as much as I heap praise on Kanno, a bunch of the Frontier stuff was just as forgettable. Okay, maybe none of them fall to forgettable status, but there are definitely tracks I skip. There was just a whoooole lot of music that it seems substantial in comparison to other stuff.

The prominence of trumpets in the soundtrack is a mixed bag. I remember thinking that the music playing during the VF duels and the 262 transformation rang a bit dissonant, but perhaps only if I'm in the mood for dramatic battle music rather than throwing caution to the wind adventure.

I didnt quite identify with frontier's tracks in the beginning..but after loading it into my phone, listening to it brought me different level of appreciation hearing it without the visuals.

Now i enjoy it quite a bit..every track...

Am giving the same benefit to delta, I thk some acappella mellow tracks would also make an impact in the midst of all the girl pop bubbliness..

Edited by seti88

would like to see a back story for the person who visited freya passing her all the songs.

He must have been an adventurer of sort...wouldnt it be interesting if it was someone related to the past macross serieses..

Running theories are...

1. Basara
  2. Hayate's father
  3. A young Hayate

This is getting better and better.

- I've always wanted them to further delve deeper into Protoculture

- Concerned with a couple of characters and what future eps have in store for them 1. Freya's Origin and predicted lifespan, 2. Messer's supposed susceptibility to Var Syndrome

- Ernest Johnson is awesome. Guy knows how to dress, on business and in casual settings. As someone said before, its pimpin'. I'm hoping we'll see some ship battles to let him show his skill.

- Talk about putting the pressure on Freya from Mikumo. Don't think that she doesn't like the girl, just coming from the tough love perspective.

- Roid has his own agenda for sure.

- The poor average Windemeran lifespan could be what spurred them to go for a power grab to find a way to prolong it.

Edited by kensei

With Multidrones not working Walkure and Delta Platoon may need to go old school.

Speaker Pods, Sound Boosters and Fold Amps.

What for? Fold song is transmitted through crystals not ridiculously oversized speakers that make zero sound in space....

Though I'll have to watch another sub group's work, but the B Alliance was also named as an adversary included with the NUN against Windemere. This planet is looking more and more like Nazi Germany before WW2... A small planet (a small country) taking on the galactic alliance of the Children of the PC, very much like how Germany took on the world in the 1940's.

The question remains are they advanced enough to do it? Germany had superior tech compared to the allies as well as superior tactics. These two things gave them the upper hand in the first half of the war. Historically, if Germany had stopped at retaking the "Rheinland" as they called it, there wouldn't have been a WW2. It was the invasion of Poland that sparked the war in Europe

Edited by Zinjo

All that's been revealed is that it was from his father.

Still betting on Delta potentially being the Beast Wars of the franchise. The stakes just got higher than any other series before it.

Not being a Transformers fan, I have no idea what that means.

The Valks are gonna turn into Gorillas?

Graham

mystery_zpsqhcbqlcq.jpg

Ok, those aren't 262's. i know this is gonna sound crazy, but do they remind anyone else of SV-51's?

As much as i hope they arent so that we have more valk varieties, i thk they are, looking at the side of the body, the wingtips and the head.

They are the CF version.

Seeing the Knights in full uniform makes me think Roid has his own Sv in the back of the hanger.

Oh that would be so awesome if he does. Esp a dope boss variant!

mystery_zpsqhcbqlcq.jpg

Ok, those aren't 262's. i know this is gonna sound crazy, but do they remind anyone else of SV-51's?

You know you could be right. Perhaps we'll finally get to see a SK designed SV-52.... They could also be VF-14's...

I'm certain those are CF Sv-262s. The images are from their invasion/occupation.

I suspect Roid is on a ship (I suspect he was back in episode 1), but this broadcast could have been made planet-side.

The revelation that Windermereans

only live on average 30 years was a big of an eye opener that makes me see Freyja in a whole new light. It will also have implications for the love triangle me thinks. No way she loses her man and has a bittersweet "gonna die young" future. Something will have to give one way or another.

I wonder if the Earthling is just something that was mentioned or if it will have some sort of juicy cameo or implicaion later on

I'm certain those are CF Sv-262s. The images are from their invasion/occupation.

I suspect Roid is on a ship (I suspect he was back in episode 1), but this broadcast could have been made planet-side.

oh I agree with that, and i know those are Windemarians, but.... I dunno it would sort of work right? i mean SV-51 to SV-262;same designation scheme. Anti UN force, unique scheme..... What if those are the Canon Fodder fighters for the Knights? see those vs a bunch of NUNS 171's would make sense as some kind of big war endgame scene...