Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 4 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 4: Shocking Debut Stage  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( Listen to Frejya's song! )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( Frejya. Worst. Debut. Ever.)

I love everything about Macross to bits but I cant for the life of me see how anybody can hear anything in the Macross universe with these nuclear powered jet turbines buzzing around in the background. And when Hayate was dancing above the crowd he mustve blown some people away, literally, with his jet wash.

Hey, look everybody, it's the "Immelman Dance"!

MILLIONS ARE DEAD

I wonder what's up with Keith. Unlike Heinz and Gramia, his second name (mother's maiden name?) is Aero, not Nerich/Erich. Might be an important thing about his character, especially with how formal he was trying to be around Heinz, even though the latter was looking for some brotherly affection.

It would actually be awesome beyond belief seeing the uptight, grave Windermerean knights being subjected by a full blown speaker pod enhanced performance of Holy Lonely Night.

Imagine Basara chucking a giant speaker pod onto the bridge of whatever Roid is on. And then grandma Milia orders Hayate and Mirage to crash the party and perform a kiss since it's supposed to be "standard operating procedure" even as they complain that "they're not rogue Zentraedi". Edited by d3v

I wonder if that means the Sv-262 doesn't have an inertia store converter, and the Windermerians are tanking the g-forces on their own...

I'm suspecting that as well. They may also lack the more complex flight control systems used by modern VFs to favor their own piloting skills.

I'm suspecting that as well. They may also lack the more complex flight control systems used by modern VFs to favor their own piloting skills.

so it safe to assume no one other than winderemerean that can fly those sv262 then. let say somehow in the future plot there's someone from NUNS/chaos sneak into their hanggar and try to steal one of those

If I get it right, the VF-27 while requiring a cyborg pilot (who can cope with the G-forces much better than regular pilots) still has an ISC and EX-Gear as well. So I think the SV-262 has an ISC like other VF's in its generation.

Did you install it?

You can't beat that price. It's free!

Ha, those screenshots were taken using the MX Player app on my Android phone. Luckily the adds only show when I pause the video to take a screenshot. Thankfully no adds when playing the video. Great app, plays pretty much any type of video.

I've got a theory about that... Messer is easily the least sociable, most standoffish member of Delta Platoon and he seems to really resent Hayate. Maybe Var syndrome is more of a threat to people who are repressing a lot of anger?

Yeah, I was also thinking that may be the reason it looked like he nearly went Var.

So we're probably heading to an inevitable episode where Messer turns Var and has to be put down by either Mirage or Hayate. Probably Mirage as he told her not to hesitate so she won't this time. I bet there will be pineapple somewhere in that episode and lots of tears!

Ha, those screenshots were taken using the MX Player app on my Android phone. Luckily the adds only show when I pause the video to take a screenshot. Thankfully no adds when playing the video. Great app, plays pretty much any type of video.

Yeah, I was also thinking that may be the reason it looked like he nearly went Var.

So we're probably heading to an inevitable episode where Messer turns Var and has to be put down by either Mirage or Hayate. Probably Mirage as he told her not to hesitate so she won't this time. I bet there will be pineapple somewhere in that episode and lots of tears!

I hope it's hayate

Maybe Messer should get laid by Chuck's hot sister. That'll probably release some of the repression and make him more resistant against Var.

Unless he's batting for the other team and pining for Keith, if you know what I mean.....haha

Actually this thought about Vars being more prevalent on repressed folk does make a lot of sense. Obviously, rouge and newly integrated zentradi are the most susceptible. It would also explain why Hayate was heavily recruited. Someone having someone free spirited makes it safer for them to operate around Walkure. Throw on top he has a lot of pilot potential, it make recruiting him a no brainer.

On the flip side, the Messer getting Vars control at some point is obviously. Slightly less obvious would be that Mirage might get control at some point too due to her becoming even more serious. She would need a "culture shock" to wake her up maybe?.... Who ordered that KISSU? ^_^

Edited by squaresphere

so it safe to assume no one other than winderemerean that can fly those sv262 then. let say somehow in the future plot there's someone from NUNS/chaos sneak into their hanggar and try to steal one of those

It's really not safe to assume anything since this whole line of thought is conjecture.

so it safe to assume no one other than winderemerean that can fly those sv262 then.

No. Too early to tell.

If I get it right, the VF-27 while requiring a cyborg pilot (who can cope with the G-forces much better than regular pilots) still has an ISC and EX-Gear as well. So I think the SV-262 has an ISC like other VF's in its generation.

Possible.

I suspect the Drakens lack the AI support system introduced back with the YF-19 and still present with the VF-31 (otherwise, why bring it up with Hayate back in Episode 3). That trade-off of that may also mean a lack of ISC, but you know, Newton's 1st law.

Ragna, Windermere, Randor, 1st episode's planet/system, 4th episode's planet/system that was invaded.

Only four episodes in, and we've already had five planets/systems mentioned, with four of them actually visited. This really is going to be a 'Galactic Tour'.

Edited by VF-9 Cirno

Planets mentioned first time in Delta.

• Al-Shahal
  • Ragna
  • Windermere
  • Listania
  • Ebel
  • Gregor
  • Randor
  • Vordor

These are planets in the Rim Worlds region. We are not sure if Zola is among these planets or is closer to the Orion Spiral Arm Rim.
Roid mentioned a Brisingr Alliance. Could be the local NUN association, another interplanetary faction or Windermere allies.

Thanks to Seto Kaiba for compiling most of the list.

Named Planets in Macross

Al Shahal
Avalon
Avemaria
Banipal(?, there are coal mines there, so presumably some settlement exists)
Bellfan
Beneb
Cristania
Dahan
Ebel
Eden
Eden 3 (not the same star system)
Elysium (abandoned)
Endebald
Ganymede (also a moon)
Gregor
Hue (Basara visited this planet on a Tousugeki Love Heart
video)
Hydra
Iota
Jupiter (multiple satellite cities)
Listania
Luna (technically a moon, but hey)
Mars
Neo York
Neptune (satellite city)
New Asia (Declared bio hazard)
Ragna(?, there's an emigrant ship there, at least)
Randor

Rax (Destroyed)
Salvation
Saturn (satellite city)
Sephira (Leon Sasaki's home colony)
Susia
Uroboros
Varauta
Veil
Venus ("satellite city" orbital colony)
Vordor (Invaded by Windermere)
Vulcan
Windermere(?, like Ragna, but apparently abandoned)

Edited by RedWolf

Planets mentioned first time in Delta.

• Al-Shahal
  • Ragna
  • Windermere
  • Listania
  • Ebel
  • Gregor
  • Randor
  • Vordor
These are planets in the Rim Worlds region. We are not sure if Zola is among these planets or is closer to the Orion Spiral Arm Rim.

Roid mentioned a Brisingr Alliance. Could be the local NUN association, another interplanetary faction or Windermere allies.

Thanks to Seto Kaiba for compiling most of the list.

Named Planets in Macross

Al Shahal

Avalon

Avemaria

Banipal(?, there are coal mines there, so presumably some settlement exists)

Bellfan

Beneb

Cristania

Dahan

Ebel

Eden

Eden 3 (not the same star system)

Elysium (abandoned)

Endebald

Ganymede (also a moon)

Gregor

Hue (Basara visited this planet on a Planet Dance video)

Hydra

Iota

Jupiter (multiple satellite cities)

Listania

Luna (technically a moon, but hey)

Mars

Neo York

Neptune (satellite city)

New Asia (Declared bio hazard)

Ragna(?, there's an emigrant ship there, at least)

Randor

Salvation

Saturn (satellite city)

Sephira (Leon Sasaki's home colony)

Susia

Uroboros

Varauta

Veil

Venus ("satellite city" orbital colony)

Vordor (Invaded by Windermere)

Vulcan

Windermere(?, like Ragna, but apparently abandoned)

so what's the name of vajra home planet that colonized by frontier fleet later on?

so what's the name of vajra home planet that colonized by frontier fleet later on?

That is the funny thing. We don't know what Frontier named it.

Hell we don't know the name of the planet Emilia lives on. Nor do we know the name of the planet where Veffidas had awesome fights.

Either that or Hayate or someone will convince him to pull the stick out of his arse.

Maybe Messer should get laid by Chuck's hot sister. That'll probably release some of the repression and make him more resistant against Var.

Unless he's batting for the other team and pining for Keith, if you know what I mean.....haha

Messer: "Hey Mirage, do you have a knife I can borrow?"

anyone notice that there's circles rotating behind pilot seat on sv262? are those hologram ? or some sort of system that unique to the sv262?

Probably just aesthetic... it's too far back for the pilot to actually see it, and it looks to be part of the wraparound monitor's display graphics.

Finally had a chance to watch the subbed version last night, watched it 3 times last night and once this morning. Watched both the GG and Deadfish versions (subs appear to be identical for both).

I found that Deadfish don't fansub but they re-encode files into mp4 so that they can be used in different devices.So that Deadfish version you watched is practically is GG's.

So other than the format the only difference is that GG's is softsubed while Deadfish by the nature of the format is hardsubbed.

I found that Deadfish don't fansub but they re-encode files into mp4 so that they can be used in different devices.So that Deadfish version you watched is practically is GG's.

So other than the format the only difference is that GG's is softsubed while Deadfish by the nature of the format is hardsubbed.

They also must re-code the audio because the GG versions won't play on my home theater media player because the audio is not supported, but Deadfish releases do.

Only four episodes in, and we've already had five planets/systems mentioned, with four of them actually visited. This really is going to be a 'Galactic Tour'.

I think the Knights brought that tour to a screeching halt this week. They might be going idol hunting from now on.

They also must re-code the audio because the GG versions won't play on my home theater media player because the audio is not supported, but Deadfish releases do.

The Deadfish Mp4 file plays fine from a USB stick in my LG Blu-ray player, whereas the GG .mkv file has lots of artifacts.

Both Deadfish and GG play fine using MX Player on my Samsung Android phone.

Guest davidwhangchoi

2) Messer seems to be much more susceptible to VAR syndrome than the other members of Delta Squadron and seemed to be fighting very hard not to succumb this episode.

ujY0dBQl.png

Messer just hates bad singing.

Taking a page from Isamu... "Shut up! I don't want to hear your creepy singing."

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Great episode. The thing with Hayate not wearing a helmet is dumb. I guess you have to show off those pretty boys to the female audience.

[edit:] Quick question for those in the know. Does Walkrure sing "Welcome to Walkrure" or "Welcome to Walkrure World" when they start their stage show. The subs I watched suggested the latter.

Edited by Scyla

This episode was a step in the right direction. After the in my mind horrible preview episode, I decided to give this show four episodes until I decided to drop it or not. Now I will extend my tolerance to at least eight episodes.

The only issue I have with the episode is that it seems like the air show is the first time that Hayate is in the cockpit of his -31.

It was. That's why he got the video from Makina mentioing the tweaks his plane got.