Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 4 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 4: Shocking Debut Stage  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( Listen to Frejya's song! )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( Frejya. Worst. Debut. Ever.)

I'd assume that Walkure is not the only Tactical Sound Unit that exists to fight Var syndrome... the military wouldn't let one unit be sufficient for a single fleet in the 2040's. Each Chaos branch office may maintain a Tactical Sound Unit, or it's possible the New UN Forces have their own, or other PMCs raised their own units.

As Var syndrome is said to be a galaxy-wide problem in 2067, that'd imply that Heinz's range (with amplification) is effectively in the tens of thousands of light years. (Not without precedent, the Vajra were capable of intergalactic transmission.)

Dunno... but their lifespans are so short we can at least be assured it wouldn't be a longwinded reign.

Well Max continued with a second generation Sound Force. UN Spacy saw the benefit of such a unit with Milky Dolls.

Kinda like Space Sheriffs in Shaider they have their own local beats to patrol and protect during a galactic invasion. In this case Walkure and Delta Platoon are the point team to face the source of the threat.

I guess the question is: is Heinz's song (& Var reaction) galaxy wide, or targeted at specific planets?

I'm guessing for now, it's targeted. With modification, the signal could be broadcasted.

Nobody knows! It appears to be targeted to specific places or people based on context.

They'll probably either explain Heinz's system in the show. Or it'll never be explained. I know everyone likes digging for hard rules...but unless it directly impacts the plot it might not actually be something with an answer.

For example: Are there more Wakure-type groups around? If the show never goes to places outside the Ragna/Windermere local-ish area they maybe wouldn't bother with actually having a real official answer for that. That's part of the reason Macross tends to avoid revisiting stuff, they can play loose with the universe.

Edited by Rbstr

I guess the question is: is Heinz's song (& Var reaction) galaxy wide, or targeted at specific planets?

Based on the war declaration, I would suspect they will target worlds with PC ruins and maybe even Vajra itself (the world not the species) if they understand what role fold quartz has to fold song... This means any world with known PC ruins or artifacts will be targeted.

It is possible that no one or perhaps only a few recognized the pattern of targeting worlds with PC ruins or artifacts. With this in mind it makes one wonder if they simply do crash and grab missions to research installations studying PC artifacts as opposed to full on invasions. Some worlds may have research facilities that study PC tech that is brought in from other planets.

As for Tactical Sound teams, I expect they have regional task forces to cover areas of known space in the event of outbreaks.

Edited by Zinjo

Just drop Basara onto the Windermere capital and you'll have Heinz shouting "BOMBAAA" in no time flat.

It would actually be awesome beyond belief seeing the uptight, grave Windermerean knights being subjected by a full blown speaker pod enhanced performance of Holy Lonely Night.

That image sends shudders down my spine.

If he's not singing "It's the End of the World As We Know it", then he should be. :)

On a separate note, we've now seen four planets in Delta (albeit one only briefly), the talk of declaring war and the Alliance makes me wonder how close in proximity these worlds are. With fold technology, there's no reason they need to be close together, but it feels like we're looking at local politics played out in an isolated cluster of colonies. If so, that's a pretty cool setup. I'd love to see a map of where these worlds are in relation to one another, and how many other settled worlds are in the area.

24 hours of spoiler tags are up. If you haven't watched it, what are you doing here? Go watch it.

They're probably saying, "Not another one."

1) It's been mentioned in text for other ships but now we get to actually see it.

2) Being mean and pushing her could been seen as the same thing. Mikumo knows Frejya is capable, but she needs that push.

3) Lead vocalist. She's the point-man.

4) I still say she's the 2nd coming of Basara Nekki.

5) As the man said, they knew what they signed up for.

6) He's probably seen them in action at some point in his career.

As I mentioned, I can listen to Fire Bomber (wasn't Kanno) but I'm having issues listening to Walkure. I like Frejya's voice. I like Mikumo's voice. But the songs aren't clicking with me. Hopefully as the show progresses, we will get songs more in tune with the singers voices.

Sounds good Azrael-sama. :D And thank you for correcting Kanno's name. Can't believe I misspelled that. <_<

They better flesh out the world better by ep.6 because they still haven't given me a reason to care about the world it's set. I mean, the Knights revel themselves and the only thing that came to my mind, other than nice detailing on the planes, was "Eh, and I should care because...?"

They better flesh out the world better by ep.6 because they still haven't given me a reason to care about the world it's set. I mean, the Knights revel themselves and the only thing that came to my mind, other than nice detailing on the planes, was "Eh, and I should care because...?"

Maybe the focus isn't on the individual worlds, but as Macross usually is, focused on the characters and what they're doing, rather than where they're doing it.

Overall, I'm really happy with this series thus far, the magical girl-esque mid air transformations are still a bit out there for me, but I can overlook that. I really get the feeling that the Aerial Knights are going to be a very tough enemy in this show, given how well they seem to know Delta Platoon and Walkure's strengths and weaknesses, as well as their employment of Asymmetrical warfare. I expect that the conflict is going to be very exciting in this show. Which frontier was exciting, but it tended towards being one sided, where this seems like there will be some give and take.

I'm guessing for now, it's targeted. With modification, the signal could be broadcasted.

When he is singing, you see the energy waves going through a portal, so Im guessing thats some kind of fold portal, held open so he can send that energy to a specific area. So yeah, I agree with you here.

Where did you guys get the idea they are hunting down or targeting the protoculture descendants?

When he is singing, you see the energy waves going through a portal, so Im guessing thats some kind of fold portal, held open so he can send that energy to a specific area. So yeah, I agree with you here.

Where did you guys get the idea they are hunting down or targeting the protoculture descendants?

I don't see where that was mentioned.

The Windemere declared war on what appears to be a local alliance and NUN and laid claim to the PC legacy. The speculation is that if they feel they are the rightful heirs to the PC, then they may be targeting worlds with PC ruins or possibly planets that are researching PC tech.

I wonder if perhaps when they belonged to the NUN federation that maybe a PC artifact of great importance was turned over for research and that is what couldn't be tolerated by the populous. So a revolution on the planet ensued and the new government cut all ties with the NUN.

Edited by Zinjo

Well seeing that I have not watched Edisope 4 yet I won't keep looking through this thread yet. Glad Watch Anime Online has it up to four episodes now. Saw the first episode on Youtube interesting.

Finally had a chance to watch the subbed version last night, watched it 3 times last night and once this morning. Watched both the GG and Deadfish versions (subs appear to be identical for both).

Some comments and observations:

1) Wondering what are the egg-like things on the bridge of Roid's ship? Vajura eggs perhaps?

2) Messer seems to be much more susceptible to VAR syndrome than the other members of Delta Squadron and seemed to be fighting very hard not to succumb this episode.

3) Nice to see the back mounted beam guns being fired several times.

4) So Windermerean's have extreme physical abilities, which is what caused their shorter lifespan (the candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long). This explains Freyja's extreme jump in a previous episode. I bet they are gonna be beastly in hand to hand combat.

5) In the series proper, we haven't seen the multi-drone chargers used yet (only in mission 0.89). So if the multi-drones are now useless, then we'll never see the chargers used.......haha. Maybe the charger section of the pod will be replaced with a missile launcher. Or more likely, Delta and Walkure will find a way to overcome the jamming to allow the drones to be used.

6) Unless the subs are wrong or missing stuff, I didn't see any mention of Windermear laying claim to Protoculture. The subs only had him addressing "children of Protoculture" (which is basically every humanoid race) and declaring war on NUNS.

post-11-0-60734600-1461629730_thumb.png

post-11-0-54452200-1461629792_thumb.png

post-11-0-93380600-1461630206_thumb.png

The only way I can see Windermere match NUNS in conventional warfare is that if they manage to take control of wandering Zentradi fleets.

Even then given Heinz failing health that is a losing proposition as losing control means Windermere sharing Earth's fate.

it seems the relic on windermere only can be activated by selected windemerean, in this case currently it's heinz. but heinz seems ill or her physical seems weak. does her illness caused by side effect of using the relic?

and does the cause of var syndrome are "negative fold wave"? cause the sensor color is different when detected fold wave from walkure and the one from var infected NUNS pilot.

and since freyja is winderemerean, there could be rumours that she is traitor from both side. chaos might think she joining walkure to destroy from the inside. aerial knight might think she joining walkure and give them winderemerean secrets.

but it seems freyja is the key in this series. perhaps she is the one other than heinz that can activate the relic :D

The biggest mytery I'd like addressed is how the heck are Valkyries so quiet?

I love everything about Macross to bits but I cant for the life of me see how anybody can hear anything in the Macross universe with these nuclear powered jet turbines buzzing around in the background. And when Hayate was dancing above the crowd he mustve blown some people away, literally, with his jet wash.

1) Wondering what are the egg-like things on the bridge of Roid's ship? Vajura eggs perhaps?

They're surrounded by displays... maybe some kind of support AI?

2) Messer seems to be much more susceptible to VAR syndrome than the other members of Delta Squadron and seemed to be fighting very hard not to succumb this episode.

I've got a theory about that... Messer is easily the least sociable, most standoffish member of Delta Platoon and he seems to really resent Hayate. Maybe Var syndrome is more of a threat to people who are repressing a lot of anger?

4) So Windermerean's have extreme physical abilities, which is what caused their shorter lifespan (the candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long). This explains Freya's extreme jump in a previous episode. I bet they are gonna be beastly in hand to hand combat.

I wonder if that means the Sv-262 doesn't have an inertia store converter, and the Windermerians are tanking the g-forces on their own...

I love everything about Macross to bits but I cant for the life of me see how anybody can hear anything in the Macross universe with these nuclear powered jet turbines buzzing around in the background. And when Hayate was dancing above the crowd he mustve blown some people away, literally, with his jet wash.

Many VFs are actually quite light compared to modern aircraft, so they wouldn't need to be using as much thrust to stay aloft like that... but yeah, that raises the awkward question of just how high he is above the audience if his jet wash isn't knocking the crowd about. If he's at least a couple hundred yards away, then he ought to be fine and just generating a moderately heavy breeze. The thing I'd be more worried about is the heat. That exhaust is intake air heated by a fusion reaction and contains a fair bit of plasma from that heating and some bled off the reactor.

Not being a Transformers fan, I have no idea what that means.

The Valks are gonna turn into Gorillas?

Graham

That show started off being controversial because of then weird concepts it experimented with, like the Trukk not munky stuff. However, as the show went on the overall the quality rose to the point where it became a good entry in the franchise for a lot of people and actually contributed to its mythology. It's kinda like how Delta started with the Grit not Moe stuff going around.

This is probably a similar turning point for the show now that it's no longer the episodic "let's cure a planet of the hate plague" show people thought it was going to be but a straight up galactic war. And not just any war, it's one where the enemy may have single handedly undermined the foundations of the franchise through guile. The Mardook, by comparison, had it easy.

Haha, yeah I was also wondering how high he was above the crowd. It would have been kinda funny if he'd been blowing them all over and frying them without realizing.

That would've been hilarious earning him yet another reprimand. Was kind of disappointed that the rest of Walkure just stood and stared when Mikumo and Freyja started singing. Get up there and start singing too you lazy idols!

That would've been hilarious earning him yet another reprimand. Was kind of disappointed that the rest of Walkure just stood and stared when Mikumo and Freyja started singing. Get up there and start singing too you lazy idols!

Thing is Mikumo and Freyja are naturals like Basara. The rest need fold amps.

What makes people susceptible to Var Syndrome is the one major thing about it that the show hasn't answered yet. I suspect that it'll somehow be an important plot point later on.

Many VFs are actually quite light compared to modern aircraft, so they wouldn't need to be using as much thrust to stay aloft like that... but yeah, that raises the awkward question of just how high he is above the audience if his jet wash isn't knocking the crowd about. If he's at least a couple hundred yards away, then he ought to be fine and just generating a moderately heavy breeze. The thing I'd be more worried about is the heat. That exhaust is intake air heated by a fusion reaction and contains a fair bit of plasma from that heating and some bled off the reactor.

How high they're flying over the crowd doesn't seem consistent in the shots. Some of it might just be down to "rule of cool" where the realism of a shot is ignored in favor of how impressive it must look. That said, there's a couple of shots when they're in front of Walkure shielding them from attack where it looks as if they are quite high, especially in the shot where Hayate and Chuck are being shot at by the 171s, they seem to be hovering quite high above ground level. Edited by d3v

Windermerean Great Wind = Mayan Kadun of Conflict

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRglossary/Glossary07a.php

Kadun

The Mayan Island legend of spirit-like beings is recited on the solitary south seas island. It's thought to be something close to the animism ideology, where divinity dwells in every single thing in this world, and there are such Kaduns as "the Iron Kadun" and "the Fire Kadun". Also, some of the Kadun negatively influence humans, and the persons who violate taboos are thought to have been possessed by the "curse of a Kadun". Moreover, it's said that the "Birdman" (Eifos) will awaken and destroy this world when the "Kadun of Conflict", who arrives from the other side of the sea, blows the wind of ruin.