YF-19 Hasegawa 1/48

Mintox

Hm... I've been debating what to do with my own YF-19's canards. It seems you decided to simply slot them in. Would others agree that's an accurate representation of those wings? The sight of gaps there perturbs me even though I know that's accurate to the design... I almost want to putty mine into place, but what have other people done? Perhaps I should just leave it as is?

Either way, great job on this huge bird. It's definitely something else to behold in person.

Hm... I've been debating what to do with my own YF-19's canards. It seems you decided to simply slot them in. Would others agree that's an accurate representation of those wings? The sight of gaps there perturbs me even though I know that's accurate to the design... I almost want to putty mine into place, but what have other people done? Perhaps I should just leave it as is?

Either way, great job on this huge bird. It's definitely something else to behold in person.

Yeah I actually thought about that too. Given it is as you said correct to the drawings I still question it but I took the XB-70 as an example of a plane with large canards and since those move (the XB-70 has both trailing edge flaps that move and the whole canard itself can pivot) but you could argue the line before the trailing edge flaps is fix so therefore fairing it into the fuslage would make sense but I think you would lose the "sharpness" of where it meets the side. A mistake by me I should have painted the tabs so they didnt showup but thats easily fixed.

Amazing. How many years and/or hours of model building do you think it took to get your skills to their current level?

Mazinger probably several years at least but Im talking about making models in a constant flow. In reality I have been making models probably over a period of 40 plus years.

Edited by Mintox