• 1 month later...

I wonder if WB/DC if ever thought of licensing BATMAN and other DC super heroes to other country's movie studios to make their own vision of the iconic super heroes? Kinda like what Hollywood did with Godzilla but hopefully better. lol

Still, I'd love to see a Japanese or German take on Batman, that would be very interesting.

20 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I wonder if WB/DC if ever thought of licensing BATMAN and other DC super heroes to other country's movie studios to make their own vision of the iconic super heroes? Kinda like what Hollywood did with Godzilla but hopefully better. lol

Still, I'd love to see a Japanese or German take on Batman, that would be very interesting.

Back in 1991, Philippine Cinema made a musical-comedy movie of Batman & Robin. ;) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyas_Batman_en_Robin

I stumbled on this video clip as well ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

As good as this looks I still wonder what a Afflek starred solo Batman filmed would have looked like.

My "problem" with Afflek as Batman is that he's too famous as being himself. It's like making Tom Cruise Batman. Could you ever suspend your disbelief long enough to not see him as Tom Cruise?

I know the counter argument to that is that Christian Bale is famous too. The difference to me is that CB is a MUCH better actor and really does morph into his roles. He also doesn't have a real life presence. The only time you ever see him is when he's playing a part. He doesn't do many interviews, he doesn't go on press tours, he doesn't post on Twitter, etc.

I think Pattinson is actually a real actor too (despite his Twilight history). I've watched a few of his recent movies........and the guy can act/transform.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think this is the most underwhelming Batmobile design; nothing about it says Batman, but that red sensor up front screams K.I.T.T.  So maybe K.I.T.T. got a new body style and Michael Knight now wears a mask and cape as the Dark Knight Rider, as he embarks on "a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist".

Edited by M'Kyuun

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I still think this is the most underwhelming Batmobile design; nothing about it says Batman, but that red sensor up front screams K.I.T.T.  So maybe K.I.T.T. got a new body style and Michael Knight now wears a mask and cape as Knight Rider, as he embarks on "a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist".

I'm actually fine with that design, given the setting. The Batmobile started as a muscle car and worked up to urban tank. If this Batman gets beyond this flick, they should start sleek-ifying the suit, cave and toys. From the slap-together look to the look we know an love.

It's also the toy, which can have slightly off in its proportions. But I'm liking it as a first version Batmobile.  Again, as Azraell said, if they get more movies out of this then they can get more sophisticated and sleek, and even brutish, in their designs.

Edited by Thom

Yeah, it's only been since the late '80s/early '90s that the Batmobile was a jet engine with a cockpit and fins, and only in more recent times that it's been something akin to a tank.  For years, even before the Lincoln Futura in the '66 show, the Batmobile has been based on actual cars, just with extra fins or a bat head.

As seomone who has been building cars for 30yrs I always had a small problem of where the Batmobile's came from. Bruce Wayne as one person wouldn't have the time to build most of them. That means a very large team of people would be involved.

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

As seomone who has been building cars for 30yrs I always had a small problem of where the Batmobile's came from. Bruce Wayne as one person wouldn't have the time to build most of them. That means a very large team of people would be involved.

Alfred is in the CNC shop all the time, getting things done. The Christian Bale movies handled this well by having Wayne industries be a weapons manufacturer and Bruce just keeps walking off with the prototypes. 

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Alfred is in the CNC shop all the time, getting things done. The Christian Bale movies handled this well by having Wayne industries be a weapons manufacturer and Bruce just keeps walking off with the prototypes. 

Alfred also keeps the house clean and feeds him.:D

The Bale movies sorta did OK explaining that away. Except for the fact that the only person at Wayne Industries that notices the Batmobile was the Tumbler was an accountant. There would have been a MASSIVE team of people involved in making that thing a reality.

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I always liked the Animated Series explanation 

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

IIRC, in the comics, he would often contract out with professionals to build it (I remember this in a couple of issues).  Now, I imagine the Batcomputer probably has control of some CNC machines and such, almost like Tony Stark's setup with JARVIS.

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That reminds me of American Hot Rod (Boyd Coddington and his crew); I used to like watching that show!

Edited by pengbuzz

4 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Yeah, it's only been since the late '80s/early '90s that the Batmobile was a jet engine with a cockpit and fins, and only in more recent times that it's been something akin to a tank. 

The bat mobile was a tank in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. That was published in 1986..

25 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The bat mobile was a tank in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. That was published in 1986..

That was also a very, very, very stylized version of Batman, meant to be over the top in every way. It was also at the end of Batman's career, who knows what his early, let alone first, Batmobile looked like. Miller Batman is specifically Miller Batman, always edgy and over the top, for better or worse. 

Count me in as loving the new Batmobile, it very much screams Year One like the director intended, technically year two for Twilight Batman, but it's still clearly the first Batmobile, the style and over the topness will surely come with time. 

29 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Yeah, but it's also non-canon.  It was influential in shifting Batman away from the campier Batman of the '60s, '70s, and '80s, but I don't think the actual tank Batman was driving in TDKR was as influential, or rather, it seemed influential on the Nolan Batmobile, which in turn influenced designs in the Arkham games and Justice League.  Outside of TDKR the Batmobile was still pretty much a car with fins and a bat face until Tim Burton's film, and Tim Burton's Batmobile was arguably much more influential on Batmobile designs until Nolan's films.

I'm not sure what's "canon" in Batman. Considering how many Batman titles and spin offs were out , back in the nineties, Batman was already practically a multiverse. And TDKR was obviously borrowed from heavily in the movie with Bat Affleck fighting Superman. 
On another note. It's interesting how they keep going back , over and over , to Batman's beginning. It's like stylized versions of groundhogs day..

9 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It's interesting how they keep going back , over and over , to Batman's beginning. It's like stylized versions of groundhogs day..

True. I know I'm annoyed about it esp on every Batman or Spider-Man movies. But I think it really needed emphasize so that they can justify why this person is doing it. I know I already enjoyed Tom Holland's Spider-Man movies as is, but at the back of my head, I always wanted to see a movie of his 'origin' story. I know it's probably going to be the same story, but with a different perspective or perhaps from some other people's point of view kind of retelling, that will be a welcome for me. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...