Ya.. another year one/ Batman Begins, etc. is not very exciting. There's a lot more to the worlds greatest detective than his origins. Which we've seen plenty of already.

Edited by Bolt

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I just can't believe we're having a new Batman when the Snyder release for JL is coming soon soon. They are going to work against each other in a bad way,

Financially, portrayal of the Batman character/DC universe, both?

I think there is no limit to what fans are willing to pay to see any Batman onscreen...as for characterization and the world in which Batman lives in....hasn't that already been waved away by means of the DC Multiverse?  I think I read somewhere that The Flash movie is going to have both Afleck's and Keaton's Batman in it....so going forward you can have as many versions of any DC hero you want...they all coexsit in the DC Multiverse......great way to keep making money rehashing the same characters!

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Financially, portrayal of the Batman character/DC universe, both?

I think there is no limit to what fans are willing to pay to see any Batman onscreen...as for characterization and the world in which Batman lives in....hasn't that already been waved away by means of the DC Multiverse?  I think I read somewhere that The Flash movie is going to have both Afleck's and Keaton's Batman in it....so going forward you can have as many versions of any DC hero you want...they all coexsit in the DC Multiverse......great way to keep making money rehashing the same characters!

I guess jumping to the multiverse that quick is DC's way of justifying the poor decisions and bad movies that have been released. I don't think it makes for a more cohesive DCEU though. If they took their time introducing the individual characters rather than rushing to create Justice League then changing directorial styles midway (towards to more of MCU's style), it wouldn't be this mess. I guess they can say that whatever they threw on the wall that did or didn't stick was all part of the plan.

tenor.gif

Matt Reeves also confirming this is a "Year Two"-story while the HBO Gotham City PD series will take place during "Year One".

Now if Robert Pattinson's Bat-voice strikes a different tone than his Bruce Wayne-voice, I'm sold.

Holy crap! That looks really promising! Pattinson still looks a little lanky as Bruce but the suit always helps for the Bat. The brutality of the beat down can make me believe this could be an early Batfleck before years of work layered on muscle. Yes I know they are not related, but Batfleck is my favorite Batman so far.

Chris

First time in a long I've seen a trailed that made me smile. This looks good, I'm all on board for this one! B))

After seeing what Chris Nolan had done with The Joker, I had hoped he would have brought the Riddler in for his last movie (Not big fan of Bane), however this looks promising. 

6 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

First time in a long I've seen a trailed that made me smile. This looks good, I'm all on board for this one! B))

After seeing what Chris Nolan had done with The Joker, I had hoped he would have brought the Riddler in for his last movie (Not big fan of Bane), however this looks promising. 

What? You didn't like asthma Bane? Lol! I agree though. Speculations back then was Joseph Gordon Levitt was going to be the Riddler and I too hoped for that.

57 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Holy crap! That looks really promising! Pattinson still looks a little lanky as Bruce but the suit always helps for the Bat. The brutality of the beat down can make me believe this could be an early Batfleck before years of work layered on muscle. Yes I know they are not related, but Batfleck is my favorite Batman so far.

Chris

Honestly felt the exact same way and thought the exact same thing regarding the beat down. 

This was the icing on the cake with regards to DC's event this weekend, I'm definitely way more of a Marvel fan (going back to strictly comics) but the DC trailers, including and especially The Batman have me pretty hyped.

-b.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Batfleck is my favorite Batman so far.

Chris

We can't be friends anymore.:p

34 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I was ready to take a big steamy doodoo all over this movie. Now I'm excited.:good:

I'd really like to see close up pics of what they did with the exhaust on the car. There is a lot going on there. I wonder if there are a couple turbo's in there.

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

We can't be friends anymore.:p

I was ready to take a big steamy doodoo all over this movie. Now I'm excited.:good:

I'd really like to see close up pics of what they did with the exhaust on the car. There is a lot going on there. I wonder if there are a couple turbo's in there.

Lol

I just read the movie is only 25% complete, wow.

Anyways, WB did a great job this past weekend. Makes me wonder WTF is going on at Disney/Marvel. Seems like they blew their load after Infinity War and Rise of Crapwalker.

Also, choosing Nirvana's "Something In The Way" for the trailer music was pure genius!

Edited by TangledThorns