Wait, they're making another Batman movie? I'm shocked, given how little money he's brought in over the years. Do they just love throwing money away?

Okay, turning down the sarcasm. Who is actually surprised they're doing another Batman movie? I'm surprised they let Dark Knight Rises close out a Batman.

This is interesting news. As surprising as it was to myself and most others, Affleck as Batman was actually one of the better aspects of an otherwise bad film. This could be a good thing. If people are interpreting Affleck's reactions in interviews and rumors from the set correctly, there is the thought that he's STRONGLY motivated to do right by the character. This may be what he's been planning for a while.

Edited by Mr March

No surprise. I cant wait for this to come out. I suspect the story will likely take place before the events of BVS. It's cool that he is working closely with Geoff Johns. They said he built his own Batcave in his house to get ready for BVS.

• 4 months later...

Camera test for the costume? Or will he actually appear in Justice League? Very Arkham-series like. Not bad.

Dunno.....but I would think a villain in a Justice League movie would be a "threat to the planet level of badness".....sort of like the villains reserved for Avenger's movies.....So I'm thinking just a Batman-solo movie bad guy.....but who knows....

Dunno.....but I would think a villain in a Justice League movie would be a "threat to the planet level of badness".....sort of like the villains reserved for Avenger's movies.....So I'm thinking just a Batman-solo movie bad guy.....but who knows....

Steppenwolf was already confirmed for the Justice League villain. As sh9000 pointed out, it was confirmed this morning Slade is the villain for the Bat solo movie, which has the working title "The Batman". Money says with all of the villains they mentioned will be in it that the title will change to Arkham something closer to release, or at least I hope so. I'd also bet we get a Deathstroke teaser after, or during Justice League part one, to set him up for some V Batman action.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/either-ben-affleck-is-trolling-us-or-deathstroke-is-co-1785890151

edit: I like the Arkham look for the most part, but I'd like to move away from his more modern "armored" look, it's getting boring. Also, will he actually be meta or not?

Edited by Tking22

Slade is basically an evil Captain America, i.e., a super soldier. His abilities could be done easily. So it won't be hard to make him a meta.

I kind of meant more of how meta will he be, Arkham Slade? Judas Contract Slade? new 52 Slade? Or possibly Rebirth Slade? His powers have fluctuated all over the place depending on writer, continuity, current universe, etc.

I despise how ready people are to dump on this when we have an accomplished director who actually cares about comic books and really loves this stuff doing the movie. I wouldn't hesitate to check this out, and finally, they let someone make a new Batman movie which does't look like it's going to require another "origin story" reboot.

If I have to watch another 30 minutes showing the Wayne Family deaths, Superman falling to earth and the destruction of Krypton, Peter Parker getting bit by a radioactive spider, the Fantastic Four getting irradiated in space, and on and on and on, Jesu Christo, enough with the origin story psuedo reboots!!!!!!!

Well I think that out of the DC films this may be the most promising. Ben likes the comic and said he even wants the bat suit to have the white eyes and choosing a bad guy that isn't a comedic character means that we don't have to worry as much about adding in humor. The real question is if the studio will stay out of his way and let him make a great film. He is in my opinion a good director.

Ben's Bat was definitely the best part of BvS, but I still mostly hated it, even the ultimate edition. I can admit bias towards the DC movie verse, I didn't really think Man of Steel was anything special, said BvS will be better, didn't like that, then said Suicide Squad would be better, didn't like that, now I'm saying Wonder Woman will be better. Wonder Woman had a great trailer! But then again so did Suicide Squad... If WW is crap I'm officially out. I hate this trend of "the next will be better", like I said, if WW flops that's it, I'm CW DC-verse only. I think Ben definitely has the directing chops to pull off a great solo Bat movie, it's just everything else around him seems to be really crappy, and mediocre, the DC film verse can't survive on the Bat alone.

Edited by Tking22

I do wonder if Affleck's contributions to the BvS actually made it better. There was a lot of talk about how he did a re-write when he accepted the part. I don't actually know what the script was like before his changes, but have seen the ultimate ed and really don't think it was an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

In BvS, Batman successfully tangled and evaded being killed by a creature that was stronger than Superman.....he also helped kill it....what danger could Deathstroke, or any other villain of Earth origin, possibly pose to Batman? ;)

If said villain has an IQ higher than a vegetable Batman may be in trouble...

• 2 weeks later...