1 hour ago, Thom said:

An internal combustion that's ramped up so much that it's close to becoming an external combustion engine!

Some not comic book cars blow flames out of the exhaust. This Lambo isn't even a turbo (which I think the new Batmobile is suggesting it is. I have to get a better look at it)). Turbo cars blow even more flames!:ohmy: Motorcycles blow all sorts of flames too.

ben-spies-qatar-race-2011-flames-exhaust

Shouldn't a catalytic converter make it impossible to shoot flames out of exhaust. GASP! Is Batman a polluter? Saving Gotham at the expense of the EARTH? REALLY BATMAN? 

I wonder how the EPA feels about Tesla wanting to put solid rocket boosters on their cars?

On a serious note, the lighting would look spectacular on a street rod... it is a bit silly for someone who is trying to lay low but I suspect on the suspension of disbelief scale, it's going to be a minor thing. 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Shouldn't a catalytic converter make it impossible to shoot flames out of exhaust. 

What happens is that it's running lean when revving like that (not enough fuel to be ignited, but some). You pump unburnt fuel into the exhaust until there is enough for ignition and then it ignites. Most of the time you see it on deceleration. The lingo for it is "Lean Popping". 

The EPA's emissions test loop/parameters don't test for it or take it into account. Actually there are a ton of situations where cars don't "pass emissions" that occur under normal driving conditions because they simply are not accounted for in testing. If there weren't there would be no such thing as supercars/big horsepower muscle cars/etc that make nearly the power they do able to pass emissions. The power out of modern high zoot cars is quite extraordinary.

I wonder how the EPA feels about Tesla wanting to put solid rocket boosters on their cars?

Well, Elon does like to poke Biden pretty hard on Twitter. He'll probably get Swatted soon. I mean, it's not as egregious as being a journalist and having a copy his daughter diary.........................but certainly skirting the threshold for getting your doors kicked in.:rolleyes:

On a serious note, the lighting would look spectacular on a street rod... it is a bit silly for someone who is trying to lay low but I suspect on the suspension of disbelief scale, it's going to be a minor thing. 

Well, if we can suspend it for the Tumbler. I think we can suspend it for this.:D

The Jada Toys 1:18 just showed up. Pretty cool! I like the new Batmobile even more now.

From the perspective of someone who has been building custom cars for 30yrs this thing is pretty neat and depending on what is in the "Frunk" (front trunk) it looks like a real car that could be built by a handy car builder (not Wayne Enterprises) and doesn't have anything going on that you would have to suspend belief to get. I could build this car.

It looks like it's based on a 70' Dodge Charger (man, didn't they destroy enough of them for the Dukes of Hazard?:lol:). It's got a Chevy LS series motor in the back with twin turbo's. That's a combo that is easily capable of 1400hp. The exhaust/turbo piping routing is a little goofy and over done from a technical standpoint. But it looks cool. And you could absolutely do it that way. I'm not sure what they are going for with the "jet engine Batmobile" thing on the back of the motor. I can't think how that would be functional at all aside from bypassing the turbo's. But, we're talking about the Batmobike after all. It's going to have movie stuff. I personally would have mounted the turbo's behind the motor (having two "jet engines) and using the dump circuit as the flame makers. I'm looking at it from a hot rodders perspective though. Not a Hollywood car builders. 

The one thing I don't understand is what is under the Frunk. I hope they explain it in the movie. It has its own exhaust (the lit up part behind the front wheels). It would be bonkers crazy if that was a second motor up there and it was all wheel drive! If that's the case, holy crap. Hot rod nirvana! Oh, ya know. It could be an electric motor up front driving the front wheels too. The "exhaust" being routing for the heat exchangers???? That's more of a stretch than a internal combustion engine though.

Anyway, I think it's super cool.:good:Almost Mad Max Interceptor cool. And maybe the only reason it's not is that car is so iconic. From a technical standpoint the Batmobile is arguably cooler.

I want one.:lol:

product-gallery-02_1800x1800.jpg

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

The one thing I don't understand is what is under the Frunk. I hope they explain it in the movie. It has its own exhaust (the lit up part behind the front wheels). It would be bonkers crazy if that was a second motor up there and it was all wheel drive! If that's the case, holy crap. Hot rod nirvana! Oh, ya know. It could be an electric motor up front driving the front wheels too. The "exhaust" being routing for the heat exchangers???? That's more of a stretch than a internal combustion engine though.

This is mostly what I was commenting on, actually, somehow missing the fact that the entire engine is exposed in the back end. :p

Has he's got some kind of atomic battery in the front?  Or maybe he's got some sort of mega computer rig all lit up there?  Does he have a crypto-mining rig built into his car to help sustain the fortune he's burning in gasoline? :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be more excited for Batman films as well, but I’m hoping it’s good and at least this one isn’t a combo film. The Burton ones really had me excited and the Nolan ones were good, but not as much, the last few, I just didn’t care for but those weren’t stand alone films. This one I want to see, but the hype for a comic film will never be as exciting as when Keaton put on the suit

• sh9000 changed the title to The Batman Movie and Penguin Spinoff Series
7 hours ago, sqidd said:

Cliffs Notes from what I can tell is he liked it.

Sounds like he did, Jeremy has a spoiler filled review on the way but I'll be avoiding that ne until I see the movie first. B))

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m going to enjoy this movie.  I also still love Tim Burton’s and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies.  I was never that interested in Ben Affleck’s Batman.

Affleck Batman at least gave us the most Batmany fight in movie history, that fight scene from BvS was straight from a Batman Arkham game, it was fantastic.

Agreed though, I'm pretty hyped for this movie, reviews are very positive overall, I love reading that this leans far more into the often forgotten, for movies at least, title of World's Greatest Detective, we haven't gotten much of that from most Batman films. 

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Affleck Batman at least gave us the most Batmany fight in movie history, that fight scene from BvS was straight from a Batman Arkham game, it was fantastic.

My problem with Batfflek was that Afflek is just too famous for being him and not much of an actor. It's hard to suspend your disbelief when you can't separate the character and Matt Damon's BFF/ JaLo's boyfriend..:D I think he did a good job. I just couldn't see him as anything but himself.

If he was a top shelf actor he could have pulled it off in my eyes. 

I've never seen the Twilight movies so this new one won't have that issue for me.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m going to enjoy this movie.  I also still love Tim Burton’s and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies.  I was never that interested in Ben Affleck’s Batman.

I liked Affleck as Batman way more than I expected and it's a shame he didn't direct himself for his own film. Though I put most of the blame on Affleck and his love of substance abuse that ultimately killed his Batman.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Agreed though, I'm pretty hyped for this movie, reviews are very positive overall, I love reading that this leans far more into the often forgotten, for movies at least, title of World's Greatest Detective, we haven't gotten much of that from most Batman films. 

Agreed, that fight scene is like the Vader scene in Rogue One - It made the movie.