Batflek wasn’t bad, but unfortunately his movies were. I’ve probably said it before but I think he was probably the best Bruce Wayne. If they hadn’t tried to put that Batman into the dcu so soon I think there could have been some great films. At least those crappy films won’t be the worst Batman movies 

Just got back.  Long movie; I went to a 10:00 show, I'd say the film actually started at 10:30 and ran until 1:15.

Spoiler-free, it was a really good, really grounded movie that actually had a decent character arc for Batman besides "crime killed his parents so now he punches crime in bat pajamas."  And the car was awesome.

12 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

, love the Batmobile.  

5 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

And the car was awesome.

Was there a second motor up front? If so, what kind? Internal combustion?

Saw it last night and loved it. There are a few things I didn’t care for personally or thought was kind of ridiculous (motivations or supposed sins) but still a fantastic movie! The beginning of the movie and Batman’s first appearance was so awesome and the Batmobiles reveal……holy crap….it gave me goosebumps, it’s sound was incredible!

Chris

• sh9000 changed the title to The Batman, The Batman 2, and Penguin Spinoff Series
10 hours ago, sqidd said:

Was there a second motor up front? If so, what kind? Internal combustion?

I'm not an expert on such things, so all I can say is that I couldn't tell.  If I had to guess, though, no.  I'd assume intakes and ductwork that would feed air to the engine on the back.

37 minutes ago, Thom said:

Cool image. One thing jumps out, is out fat Bales cowl is near the top. That always bothered me.

I never liked how small the mouth opening is on the Bale cowl.

Chris

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Nice. Who makes this one?

Jazzinc. Expect it to be around $1500 without shipping and this will come from Netherlands.

Product details: 

“I am vengeance.”

Introducing The 2022 Batmobile, an iteration of the Dark Knight’s ride that’s unlike anything we’ve seen before. And just like the titular hero himself, the 2022 Batmobile is also menacing, intimidating and muscular. Almost immediately upon the film’s release, The Batman car definitely qualified as a truly iconic vehicle worthy of awe and appreciation, if you’re a fan, and fear and trepidation, if you’re a supervillain.

Jazzinc is proud to introduce the licensed 2022 Batmobile in Deluxe ⅙ Scale with every detail replicated according to the schematics as specified by director Matt Reeves. From the interior lights, to the V8 engine, to the OMP steering wheel, every aspect is accurate, every detail carefully considered and developed.

The Jazzinc 2022 Batmobile features rumbling motor sound effects, an emitting smoke exhaust, a remote control and an universal power supply. Weighing in at 14 kg (30.8 lbs) and measuring at 905 x 431 x 247 mm (35.6 x 17 x 9.7 inches), this deluxe collectible will practically transform any display space into the Batcave.

The 2022 Batmobile Includes:

Light-up Display

Light-up Headlights & Taillights

Working Smoke Exhaust

Rumbling Motor SFX

Remote Control Operated

Universal Power Supply

100% Accurate Detailing

Measurements: 905 x 431 x 247 mm (35.6 x 17 x 9.7 inches) 14 kg (30.8 lbs)

I don't know what working exhaust means but I'm assuming just some lights emitting from within mimicking light from a flame. I can't imagine fake smoke coming out of it. 

44 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Jazzinc. Expect it to be around $1500 without shipping and this will come from Netherlands.

Product details: 

“I am vengeance.”

Introducing The 2022 Batmobile, an iteration of the Dark Knight’s ride that’s unlike anything we’ve seen before. And just like the titular hero himself, the 2022 Batmobile is also menacing, intimidating and muscular. Almost immediately upon the film’s release, The Batman car definitely qualified as a truly iconic vehicle worthy of awe and appreciation, if you’re a fan, and fear and trepidation, if you’re a supervillain.

Jazzinc is proud to introduce the licensed 2022 Batmobile in Deluxe ⅙ Scale with every detail replicated according to the schematics as specified by director Matt Reeves. From the interior lights, to the V8 engine, to the OMP steering wheel, every aspect is accurate, every detail carefully considered and developed.

The Jazzinc 2022 Batmobile features rumbling motor sound effects, an emitting smoke exhaust, a remote control and an universal power supply. Weighing in at 14 kg (30.8 lbs) and measuring at 905 x 431 x 247 mm (35.6 x 17 x 9.7 inches), this deluxe collectible will practically transform any display space into the Batcave.

The 2022 Batmobile Includes:

Light-up Display

Light-up Headlights & Taillights

Working Smoke Exhaust

Rumbling Motor SFX

Remote Control Operated

Universal Power Supply

100% Accurate Detailing

Measurements: 905 x 431 x 247 mm (35.6 x 17 x 9.7 inches) 14 kg (30.8 lbs)

I don't know what working exhaust means but I'm assuming just some lights emitting from within mimicking light from a flame. I can't imagine fake smoke coming out of it. 

*Includes 1 quart of gasoline, lighter, welding mask and gloves, tongs and 12 pack of hot dogs and buns*

Edited by pengbuzz

23 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I am so utterly confused trying to understand how the engines on the batmobile are supposed to be set up.

Easy: the one in back is simply a gigantic, elaborate hamsterwheel, complete with a hamster in a batsuit powering it.

Saw it last night, and on the whole, enjoyed it. I liked the increased emphasis on his using his detective skills, an important part of the character that often gets sidelined in lieu of his combat skills. The car was ok; I maintain my stance that it could have been featured in one of the newer F&F movies and no one would have batted an eye or likely even suggested that, "hey, that would make a good Batmobile."  As to the engine situation, I imagine 'rule of cool' is primarily responsible for the flames coming out of so many orifices; however, it stands to reason that it likely has a standard engine up front and the completely exposed rocket engine in the rear. It's obviously not a turbine engine, so it would have to be a fuel driven rocket engine. Anyway, I was hoping at least for a grapnel or some such gadgetry in the car to set it apart as a Batmobile, but it was just a muscle car with some armor/bullet-resistant windows. Meh.  I think Pattinson made a good Batman- he had good presence in the suit, didn't growl out his lines, and showed some vulnerability- he genuinely seemed uncomfortable standing in a room full of glaring cops. His Bruce Wayne, too, was, as has become more and more the norm, reluctant to be Bruce Wayne in lieu of his alter-ego. Little, though, was made of his 'Drifter' persona that I thought might serve as more of a precursor to his donning the suit and cowl.  Gollum, I mean Andy Serkis, gave a too-brief and credible performance as Bruce's most trusted ally, father-figure, and butler Alfred.  Ain't gonna lie, though: Michael Caine takes the prize in my book for best live action Alfred- the wit and raw emotion he channeled into that role stays with me after the others have all faded.  Michael Gough takes second for his droll wit and often amusing facial expressions.

Spoiler

negatives:

I think the love angle between Batman and Selena was a bit forced- there was really no chemistry there, and no basis for chemistry really; I think they made better working partners. They complemented each other.  Similar to Anne Hathaway's Catmoman, she doesn't embody the character as much as we've seen in The Animated Series or even Michelle Pfeiffer's over-the-top performance in Batman Returns. Kravitz's Selena takes in strays and shows off some neat fighting moves, but that's a long way from the almost super-humanly agile and acrobatic Catwoman who identifies more with cats than people from the toons and comics.

The Batman's Penguin was a very grounded departure from his short, rotund and long-nosed depiction in toons, comics, and Batman Returns. In fact, he's so devoid of any of the traditional characteristics of the Penguin character that one would be easily excused for not recognizing him as such. Colin Farrell plays him as a typical NY style gangster, accent and all, albeit with a scarred face that's never explained. Perhaps in the sequel.  

The Riddler, again, is devoid of most of the traditional trappings of the character, aside from his wont to accompany his crimes with perverse riddles. I liked the overarching point to the riddles, but the character himself was played, in stark contrast to Penguin, as the stereotypical heavy-breathing loon, at times wailing his lines and punctuating other lines with the odd shouted word to get his point across. It didn't work for me. I was hoping more for the perfectly smart, egotistical, and petty Riddler we got in the Arkham Asylum games, but Reeves and Dano took the character off the rails into full-bore crazy-town.  I wish they hadn't.  Too, the little preview of what is undoubtedly Joker seemed off to me as well.  Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger have both left indelible marks on that character- heck, even Cesar Romero, mustache and all, played the character well in the old '66 show. I can understand wanting to put your own stamp on it, but just from what little we saw in The Batman (he's in shadow or just a voiceover in his scenes, but there are enough clues to pretty definitively say this is the Joker), I get the sense he's going to be ramped up to over-the-top crazy or just weird. Too, the actor playing him needs to work on his Joker laugh.  

Given the hype about the brutality, I was somewhat disappointed.  I was hoping for Frank Castle levels of brutality, albeit without the killing. I don't think he was any more brutal than either Bale's or Affleck's depictions. I loved the trailer where he continuously beats the guy while he's down- it's savage and unnecessary, and I was hoping that was going to be the bar for this film- an over-necessary show of force that scares the bejesus out of the bad guys, which would make sense for such an unconventional vigilante early in his career trying to establish a reputation amongst the criminal element. Perhaps they had to dial it back to maintain the PG-13 rating, but I'd love to see an R-rated Batman film where he can really unleash some cruel, unusual, and completely deserved punishment on the bad guys. 

Almost forgot- his gliding scene was a bit interesting for its lack of, shall we say, grace. Too, he seemed unnerved when taking the plunge, as if it was his first time, after two years of being Batman. He was obviously prepared for the eventuality, but seemed a little reluctant. He'll need to work on that in the sequel. 😉

Quick question for those who've seen it. How much would you say what was shown on the trailer ended up in the actual final cut? This is more like a comparison question compared on Marvel's trailers where 75% is actually not the version shown in the movie. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Quick question for those who've seen it. How much would you say what was shown on the trailer ended up in the actual final cut? This is more like a comparison question compared on Marvel's trailers where 75% is actually not the version shown in the movie. Thanks.

Considering the movie is almost 3 hours, not a lot. Most of the car chase, otherwise just snippets. In fact, there's a scene where it seems like the movie is wrapping things up to end, and my buddy had just gone back from the bathroom. He figured he'd just stand by the exit for another five minutes, but it turned out to actually be the setup for one final act and he was standing there like a goon for a half hour.

4 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

As to the engine situation, I imagine 'rule of cool' is primarily responsible for the flames coming out of so many orifices; however, it stands to reason that it likely has a standard engine up front and the completely exposed rocket engine in the rear. It's obviously not a turbine engine, so it would have to be a fuel driven rocket engine. 

Reveal hidden contents

negatives:

I think the love angle between Batman and Selena was a bit forced- there was really no chemistry there, and no basis for chemistry really; I think they made better working partners. They complemented each other.  Similar to Anne Hathaway's Catmoman, she doesn't embody the character as much as we've seen in The Animated Series or even Michelle Pfeiffer's over-the-top performance in Batman Returns. Kravitz's Selena takes in strays and shows off some neat fighting moves, but that's a long way from the almost super-humanly agile and acrobatic Catwoman who identifies more with cats than people from the toons and comics.

The Batman's Penguin was a very grounded departure from his short, rotund and long-nosed depiction in toons, comics, and Batman Returns. In fact, he's so devoid of any of the traditional characteristics of the Penguin character that one would be easily excused for not recognizing him as such. Colin Farrell plays him as a typical NY style gangster, accent and all, albeit with a scarred face that's never explained. Perhaps in the sequel.  

The Riddler, again, is devoid of most of the traditional trappings of the character, aside from his wont to accompany his crimes with perverse riddles. I liked the overarching point to the riddles, but the character himself was played, in stark contrast to Penguin, as the stereotypical heavy-breathing loon, at times wailing his lines and punctuating other lines with the odd shouted word to get his point across. It didn't work for me. I was hoping more for the perfectly smart, egotistical, and petty Riddler we got in the Arkham Asylum games, but Reeves and Dano took the character off the rails into full-bore crazy-town.  I wish they hadn't.  Too, the little preview of what is undoubtedly Joker seemed off to me as well.  Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger have both left indelible marks on that character- heck, even Cesar Romero, mustache and all, played the character well in the old '66 show. I can understand wanting to put your own stamp on it, but just from what little we saw in The Batman (he's in shadow or just a voiceover in his scenes, but there are enough clues to pretty definitively say this is the Joker), I get the sense he's going to be ramped up to over-the-top crazy or just weird. Too, the actor playing him needs to work on his Joker laugh.  

Given the hype about the brutality, I was somewhat disappointed.  I was hoping for Frank Castle levels of brutality, albeit without the killing. I don't think he was any more brutal than either Bale's or Affleck's depictions. I loved the trailer where he continuously beats the guy while he's down- it's savage and unnecessary, and I was hoping that was going to be the bar for this film- an over-necessary show of force that scares the bejesus out of the bad guys, which would make sense for such an unconventional vigilante early in his career trying to establish a reputation amongst the criminal element. Perhaps they had to dial it back to maintain the PG-13 rating, but I'd love to see an R-rated Batman film where he can really unleash some cruel, unusual, and completely deserved punishment on the bad guys. 

Almost forgot- his gliding scene was a bit interesting for its lack of, shall we say, grace. Too, he seemed unnerved when taking the plunge, as if it was his first time, after two years of being Batman. He was obviously prepared for the eventuality, but seemed a little reluctant. He'll need to work on that in the sequel. 😉

I'm wondering what engine is up front.

The one in the back is a twin turbo Chevy LS motor with some sort of goofy piping to make that "rocket" thing happen. My guess is that it's some sort of dump valve (off the turbo's) situation with spark plugs in there somewhere to light off an artificially rich condition created by the ECU. They may have gone as far as to plumb a couple of fuel injectors too add more flame too.

The rear jet/flame thing has zero function other than looking cool.

Liked it! Enjoyed it from beginning to end. I think Pattinson was great as Batman/Bruce with some real powerful moments, as well as surprisingly human hesitation, and even fear. Such as the gliding scene noted above, although being in Year Two, I could understand him not being as comfortable with it as he would be later on. Was pleasantly surprised by it.

Spoiler

I like how his arc went, from being Vengeance, to realizing that not only does he have to, and want to, be more than just vengeance, but that vengeance is even blinder and more heartless than Justice, and easily turned to your enemies needs as much as your own. That image of him with the flare, reaching down to help, was very powerful as a counterpoint.

Kravitz as Catwoman was alright. I wasn't blow away, but as she was only a secondary character, I was alright with that. Just not as alright with her mask. I kept expecting more, like Pfeiffer's or Hathaways versions. But again, she was good.

Jeffrey Wright as Gordon was even better. I was looking for J.K. Simmons for only a few moments. May help that, comparatively, it feels like Simmons has had far less time as Gordon. That'll change with the Flash movie.

The car, oh gawd, the car!! I loved it. Again, being an early Batmobile, it didn't have much in the way of tricks, but that thing was like a hot-rod bulldozer! True, it did things in The Batman that I would accept from no car in the Fast and the Furious, but if this one had flipped a bus, I think I would have been alright with it. Comparisons have been made, and it definitely feels like a car straight out of Mad Max! Just brute force power.

Overall, I really liked this movie, and will be looking forward to seeing PatBat in a sequel!

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

20 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Considering the movie is almost 3 hours, not a lot. Most of the car chase, otherwise just snippets. In fact, there's a scene where it seems like the movie is wrapping things up to end, and my buddy had just gone back from the bathroom. He figured he'd just stand by the exit for another five minutes, but it turned out to actually be the setup for one final act and he was standing there like a goon for a half hour.

Pretty much all of the trailer ended up in the film. I watched the movie on Sunday (fantastic by-the-way) and the trailer yesterday and I didn't notice any trickery or misdirection a la Marvel.

Batman meets Se7en IMHO

-b.

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Pretty much all of the trailer ended up in the film. I watched the movie on Sunday (fantastic by-the-way) and the trailer yesterday and I didn't notice any trickery or misdirection a la Marvel.

Batman meets Se7en IMHO

-b.

I might have misread/misunderstood the question.  I was thinking the other way around, like a lot of times these days if you see the trailers you pretty much know how the whole movie is going to go, which is not the case for The Batman.  But yeah, everything in the trailer is in the movie, but aside from the car chase it's just out-of-context snippets.

8 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I might have misread/misunderstood the question.  I was thinking the other way around, like a lot of times these days if you see the trailers you pretty much know how the whole movie is going to go, which is not the case for The Batman.  But yeah, everything in the trailer is in the movie, but aside from the car chase it's just out-of-context snippets.

Maybe they need to hire the people who actually cut the trailers to make the movies; then it would be all great pats! :p

On 3/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, mikeszekely said:

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Batman meets Se7en IMHO

-b.

17 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

8 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Maybe they need to hire the people who actually cut the trailers to make the movies; then it would be all great pats! :p

Thanks guys! I really like it when most of the scenes shown on the trailer is in the actual movie. Because in the trailer it builds up the hype and expectations only to be a let down if it's not in the movie. Looking big time at you, Marvel. And slight on the theater released Justice League. :ph34r:

My son is excited since this is going to be his first 'PG-13' for his 13th Bday. And we're just waiting for the hype to go down just for a bit before watching it in the cinema so it's not going to be super crowded. ;) 

Saw it today and while I thought it was good I still think THE DARK KNIGHT is the best Batman film and namely for the followings reasons below:

• ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE BATMAN WERE FLAT!!
  • Robert Pattinson was great as Batman but his Bruce Wayne was weak AF, zero charisma.
  • Jeffrey Wright was a weaker Commish Gordon than I expected.
  • You just can't beat the TUMBLER!!

That being said I am looking forward to a sequel and perhaps it can be really great like the THE DARK KNIGHT was after Batman Begins.

Edited by TangledThorns

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Saw it today and while I thought it was good I still think THE DARK KNIGHT is the best Batman film and namely for the followings reasons below:

• Robert Pattinson was great as Batman but his Bruce Wayne was weak AF, zero charisma.

That being said I am looking forward to a sequel and perhaps it can be really great like the THE DARK KNIGHT was after Batman Begins.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Agree that the majority of characters were less memorable than other films within the genre. I liked Jeffery Wright as Lt. Gordon. I don't think he was promoted to Commissioner yet. But I liked that he was pretty much Batman's only ally on the police force, and b/c of his position, he was able to use his authority to allow Batman into crime scenes, even if it does seriously violate crime scene preservation protocols. I liked that you knew he was sticking his neck out for Batman, although why that is isn't explained. A little history for that trust would have been nice, but maybe we'll see that in the sequel.

I didn't like how Riddler was portrayed at all- they went too far afield from the traditional character, and I wasn't crazy about it. That said, I don't want Jim Carrey's interpretation either. Ugh!  I thought they nailed it in Arkham Asylum- those games were pitch perfect for characterization.

Bruce Wayne was a bit under-represented, but given the character's history and previous exploration in various films and other media, I think we the audience understand the essentials. 

Spoiler

I liked the orphan plotline, and the extremes between Bruce's upbringing and Edward's. Too, learning some sobering truths about Bruce's father along with him. Finally, his change of heart from the beginning of the film where he's vengeance personified to becoming more of a savior for the people of Gotham. There was definitely an element of growth to Bruce Wayne's character, even if he was wearing the Batsuit through most of it. 

The Tumbler is indeed an awesome Batmobile- so unique and recognizable- it can't be mistaken as anything else, and I love that the filming vehicle was practical; it did many of the stunts we see in the film.  The Batman's car just really didn't do much for me. As I've said, it felt more like a Fast & Furious car than a Batmobile to me. 

13 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

The Tumbler is indeed an awesome Batmobile- so unique and recognizable- it can't be mistaken as anything else, and I love that the filming vehicle was practical; it did many of the stunts we see in the film.  The Batman's car just really didn't do much for me. As I've said, it felt more like a Fast & Furious car than a Batmobile to me. 

Which I think is aright. This is an earlier Batman, without all of the gadgets. The car was just a brute force machine, and not meant for anything more.

Edited by Thom