On 2/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mommar said:

I didn't?  Then why did I go from 22.15% (just to be "credible") body fat on January 1 to 7.9% on February 27 in the same time frame as my weight increased then?  What else was making me heavier besides the obvious muscle mass I was putting on?  Was I mistaking water balloons for my six pack?

How were you measuring body fat? DEXA scan? If not, the numbers you have are useless. And there are still variables in play that will swing that percentage a lot. The percentages can be very misleading. If you don't have the actual weight of the fat before and after you don't have anything resembling a result. The only way to get that data is with a DEXA scan.

At 190lb I can swing my weight 9-10lb in a single 24 period by adding glycogen, salt and water. It all sits in the muscles. So it is muscle mass. It is not lean mass though.

Glad to know I'm a newbie.  I guess all those years going to the gym before didn't count.  Tell me other things about when my life actually started, would you?

If you weren't a newbie you can't put that much muscle mass on that fast without drugs or you were that big in the past and are bulking back up. Muscle memory is a real thing. Every summer I lose between 13-15lb of lean muscle mass when I stop lifting and start cycling. When winter comes around again I put that 13-15lb of lean muscle mass back on in 4-6 weeks. That's all due to muscle memory. Building that much lean mass from nothing is a completely different proposition.

I said it could be done, don't move the goal post to some scientific study bs.  Perhaps none of you are eating the right diet for your body type.  You can rest assured when I previously ate the recommended protein/carb balance for my height, 6+ times a day, 2-3 hours apart I didn't gain anything but body fat.  Suspicion my ass, I don't remember down to the decimal a number I measured five years ago.  Bodybuilders have been stuck in a solitary mindset and promote a solitary diet that only works for a solitary body type.  Chris Pratt also got jacked for his role and he ate a Ketogenic diet, not the standard high protein/low fat moderate carb that Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth both did.

It can't be done unless you/someone is the 1% of 1% of genetic outliers. The gains in lean mass you're talking about are hard to attain with a massive stack of drugs and a perfect diet/training protocol.

I believe you believe you. What I'm suggesting is you don't understand all of the variables. You don't understand how hard it is for a human to fluctuate that much in lean mass over that period of time (borderline impossible without muscle memory or drugs in your corner). And I don't think you have the data to back up your claims. Which you would have if those claims were real. There is no way to achieve borderline impossible results without having your program dialed in really tight. At that level of attention you don't forget about the details. I would go as far as to say anyone who is making those sorts of gains has all of that information in a notebook somewhere.

-How many calories where you eating per day?

-What was your fat mass before and after? Need a Dexa Scan for this data.

-What was your lean tissue mass before and after (equalized for hydration)? Need a Dexa Scan or dunk tank for this data.

-How much did you weigh every morning when you woke up? You should have two months worth of results. If you do not track your weight every single morning under the exact same conditions you don't know how much you weigh. There is a massive fluctuation from day to day. My biggest has been 10lb. It's frequently 3-4lb. The margin of error is huge. That's why you need so many data points.

-And where is the pic of you at 7.9% BF? I don't believe for one second that anyone who makes that much progress doesn't have pics. Post it/them up. I'm curious if what you're calling 7.9% is anything near that. 

I'm not calling you a liar. I'm saying that you do not posses the information needed to accurately make the claims you're making. I'E. I don't think you have accounted for all of the variables.

I travel in some very serious bodybuilding/power-lifting circles. No one in those circles would believe your claims.

Lastly, do I sound like someone who doesn't have a really good grasp of this subject? You're not talking to some ignorant basement dweller. You're talking to someone who takes everything to the absolute limit. In this case it's about absorbing as much knowledge as can be found, testing for nearly a decade on myself and others while also having the ear of some of the big names in the business.....a few of which have LITERALLY written the book. 

Edited by sqidd

20 hours ago, Big s said:

I didn’t check into a comic related thread to hear about weight loss, now pass the Cheetos 

this is a batman movie... which precedent has established have EXCEPTIONALLY LITTLE to do with the comics, LOL.

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

:rofl: damn, they're funny!

On 2/27/2020 at 7:13 AM, Dobber said:

“Because I’m Batman, because I’m Batman....”

I keep laughing at that. 

Chris

From HISE Superhero Cafe episode:

Knock knock

Who's there?

Because

Because who?

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!!!:rofl:

The more I'm seeing of this film the more I'm getting interested, this is all shaping up to look like a really well done Year One story. I see a lot of folks complaining on social media, shocker, that it's not "Bat" enough, in reality the heavy bat themed stuff didn't come until later, most Year One stuff was heavily modified real world vehicles and armor. 

Not sure fighting armed criminals in a car with an exposed engine is the wisest choice, but ok.

They tapped Colin Farrell to play Penguin- at 5' 10", he's a little tall for the role methinks. OTOH, I think Zoe Kravitz will make a good Selina Kyle.

I like Batman, but I'm just not feeling the excitement for this film as I did for the previous Nolan films, which, IMHO, set a pretty high bar.

Considering none of the live action Batman films have really shown much of his World’s Greatest Detective aspects, I’m curious to see how this film pulls it off, as well as its more noir take.

I also am not as excited as I was when I heard of the Nolan films, but at this time I have no negative feelings yet. And at least this won’t be weighed down by being half a crappy Superman movie. The design choices are very interesting and I really hope the overall movie ends up great.

2 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

I don't know but this Batman is a tribute to Adam West. 

Doubt it.  Everyone seems to be pointing that this will be a detective noir film.

We already got the femme fatale in Selina Kyle.  We’ll probably have a gunsel henchman that roughs up and gets ultimately beaten by Bats.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a few scenes that play with light and shadows and are filled to the brim with wisps of smoke, interplaying with the lighting.

And if Pattinson starts riffing soliloquys and monologues in a Humphrey Bogart voice, we’ll know for certain they went full tilt on the noir aspects. :p

I just hope they continue on what their vision for this Batman movie and not do another late reshoot to change most of the aspect of the movies. I really like what I am seeing so far (from the costume tease to this Bat mobile) but unfortunately, social media, being really really really loud, has a really mixed opinion on it (or at least what I observe).

Honestly, I’m intrigued and curious to see how this all pans out.  Been really wanting a detective Batman film for awhile now.

Other than having too many villains in the film, nothing that’s been revealed has been outright horrible (ala the first iteration of live action Sonic the Hedgehog).

So far, I’m willing to give this Batman a shot.

I'm going to pass on all of this; didn't like much of anything after the 1989 movie, and I think each version is just trying to "reinvent the wheel" here. Kind of tired of origin story after origin story as well. I wish they would do a "Batman Casefile" series on TV or something, where they don't have to try to compress everything into 2 hours (or less).

6 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I'm going to pass on all of this; didn't like much of anything after the 1989 movie, and I think each version is just trying to "reinvent the wheel" here. Kind of tired of origin story after origin story as well. I wish they would do a "Batman Casefile" series on TV or something, where they don't have to try to compress everything into 2 hours (or less).

I would love if they stopped remaking the beginning over and over again. Do it like a Bond film and just make a movie about an established Batman kicking criminal butt!

That being said, nothing I've seen so far is dissuading me from giving them money to see this.

5 hours ago, Thom said:

I would love if they stopped remaking the beginning over and over again. Do it like a Bond film and just make a movie about an established Batman kicking criminal butt!

That being said, nothing I've seen so far is dissuading me from giving them money to see this.

They never seem to get past the beginning, and I'm not really interested in seeing the umpteenth beginning. That's one major reason I'm passing.