Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 3 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 3: Whirlwind Dogfight  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Mirage! <3)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Mirage hasn't stabbed Hayate. B-O-R-I-N-G!)

Looks lik Mirage is gonna pull out the old Fallyna family dagger soon.

She has to get beaten in a video game first and knowing Hayate it'll probably be DDR

Seriously what the hell is up with that Seacat its too damn creepy. I enjoy it though because of that fact and more so because Mirage adores it

I really expected someone to post a pic of

Mirage in her PJs

by now.

Macrossworld, I am disappoint.

Its cool to see the younger generation in Macross still have a love for Fire Bomber.

And a sealcat pulling off a cobra maneuver is just too damn awesome.

I literally yelled "Oh snap! Underwater Cobra Maneuver!" at my TV

She has to get beaten in a video game first and knowing Hayate it'll probably be DDR

Hahaha

Edited by Raptor One

im really digging the new song

frejya loves hayate and needs him in order to be able to sing and activate fold receptors, but Mirage also starting to fall for him. I really want to root for freja but i have this sinking feeling shes going to go the path of ranka :/

Gotta look on tumblr for that stuff.

This is the first time in a while I've seen a series reveal very little in the next episode previews.

There's a post credits scene, be sure to watch it.

I get the feeling that the series will be getting dark pretty quickly from here on in. Also, need to look into Star Ocean 5 now.

Edited by Einherjar

I really expected someone to post a pic of

Mirage in her PJs

by now.

Macrossworld, I am disappoint.

Ask, and ye shall recieve.

wowfrXi.jpg

EIT: Querule has the best view in the house.

Edited by d3v

Re-watched with subs...

1. Pretty irresponsible of the delta squad not to cater for remote control disconnection and losing control of a rookie valk!

If it wasnt for freyja (luckily she didnt have a sore throat!)....and from the reaction in the bridge they didnt even know freyja was singing?

And arad didnt order messer to save hayate after he ordered mirage to eject him?

And messer didnt react at all all the while? :p

2. Totally for messer spoiling hayate's party and knocking some sense into him. Hayate would totally be creamed (in the first few shots) by the drakens in a battle.

3. For a moment there i tot Lord heinz sang like sharon apple!

My griping for the day....otherwise it was a great episode! :D

Edited by seti88

Re-watched with subs...

1. Pretty irresponsible of the delta squad not to cater for remote control disconnection and losing control of a rookie valk!

If it wasnt for freyja (luckily she didnt have a sore throat!)....and from the reaction in the bridge they didnt even know freyja was singing?

And arad didnt order messer to save hayate after he ordered mirage to eject him?

And messer didnt react at all all the while? :p

2. Totally for messer spoiling hayate's party and knocking some sense into him. Hayate would totally be creamed (in the first few shots) by the drakens in a battle.

3. For a moment there i tot Lord heinz sang like sharon apple!

My griping for the day....otherwise it was a great episode! :D

1. Fold Quartz shenanigans I say!

2. Yeah Messer is such a buzzkill.

3. Not since Geppelnitch am I confused if a girl or a boy.

The third episode turned out excellent!

- The characters are revealed, landscape striking beauty
- Animals cute beyond belief
- The relationship between the Mirage / Hayate / Freya developing very interesting
- Dogfight over and over throughout the magnificence demonstrated tremendous opportunities "Valkyrie" fighters

In general, a lot of positive emotions :)

Edited by Mit

This ep was fantastic for world building. We get to see a lot of day by day normalcy of life on Ragna along with it's inhabitants. But really...

DOSE VF1-EXs!

It's pretty awesome they retooled them as trainer models which makes a ton of sense. Loved the nuance of having AI help assist new pilots and also act like an "emergency" break when the pilots get in over their heads.

Actually that AI assist could be one of the reasons why "red shirt" macross pilots get toasted. If the routines are pretty basic, it would mean most pilots end up moving in pretty predictable patterns.

Hienz is more Gamlin than Mirage ^_^

Also Mikumo is super mysterious... I'm speculating she's a cyborg! :ph34r: Probably goes off to a private lab to get maintance which is why she doesn't live with the other girls.

Kind of obvious we'll have at least one ep where Freyja will sing with a pained heart due to her need for Hayate as a muse.

Also, loving how noob Hayate is. He's got a long way to go. Honestly, I'm wondering if the writers are going to set Hienz as his "goal" rival.

All in all 10/10 ep which really makes me more excited!

Edited by squaresphere

Question: If mercats/sealcats are from the sea, why does the stray one need to steal fish from the restaurant?

The added flavor from the seasoning?

I really want to see where Makina & Reina live. I'm guessing Makina has the finest collection of mecha posters in Ragna.

I'm starting to miss the EX-Gears, but it's understandable since Delta Squad's role isn't strictly military. In fact, this conflict seems to be on a smaller scale than others.

Question: If mercats/sealcats are from the sea, why does the stray one need to steal fish from the restaurant?

Because it's a fat b@st@rd. Edited by Einherjar

Watched with Subs. Absolutely enjoyed the episode.

I wasn't sold by the pop idol group singing and taking part in the battle thing, but after the last 2 episodes, I must say, I am convinced(so far) that Kawamori made it work, and *gasp* I cheer when I see Hayate doing his little dances in mecha!

I thought what Messer did was totally necessary. No rookie should get ahead of themselves, not even after such a win. Hayate needed to be taken down a notch or 2. Hayate is spoilt and arrogant.He needed to realise he can't always do things his own way. Messer is the Sergeant Major (or equivalent) of the squadron

Does getting barfed on mean Mirage is marked with Hayate's smell?

... with the smell of his lunch, anyway.

Hayate has a great teacher. No it isn't Mirage it's Scar the fat grumpy Seacat. He'll be an ace learning from him.

You realize the implications of that, right? If Arad or Messer can't bring the bloody thing to heel, it may have a legitimate claim to being the show's top ace.

EDIT: If the cat's name isn't Pugachev, I'm going to be sorely put out.

EDIT 2: Or should it be Purrgachev?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

You realize the implications of that, right? If Arad or Messer can't bring the bloody thing to heel, it may have a legitimate claim to being the show's top ace.

If Grumpy Seacat continues to smack Hayate across the face with his tail, the Bright-punch may have competition.