On 5/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, Thom said:

Looks like we're getting a new carrier model. Really hoping it's 1/1000!

yamato_asuka_02_hltIUoFj6uL6OoXTbE1rZykV

The carrier (named Asuka) is in 1/1000 scale. The Deusler III (upgraded Darold-class battle carrier) and the green colored Guipelon-class carrier that were revealed along with it are part of the Mecha Collection line. All ships are part of the upcoming Yamato 2205 project.

BTW...

Anyone else here embarqued on the lunacy train, continued the Hachette Collection and is building the 1:350 Andromeda?  No? Just me?! :lol:

Still gathering my energy for the apparently nightmare inducing job that is all the wiring in those final 3 or 4 issues. Just hope all works in the end. Fingers crossed.

Edited by westfall

• 2 weeks later...

(137) 宇宙戰艦大和號 陽電子衝擊炮開火集錦 Star Blazers : Space Battleship Yamato shock cannon fire compilation part 1 - YouTube

I've been watching these types of compilations lately and having watched to death many specific episodes of 2199 (enough that Crunchy Roll probably knows when i leave work) i'm curious about the difference in voice actors (the obvious and not so) and what people's opinions are? Who does it better? Who sounds more... into it, when they did their time in teh booths...?

On 5/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, westfall said:

The carrier (named Asuka) is in 1/1000 scale. The Deusler III (upgraded Darold-class battle carrier) and the green colored Guipelon-class carrier that were revealed along with it are part of the Mecha Collection line. All ships are part of the upcoming Yamato 2205 project.

Is there any info on when this kit will be out?

On 5/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, westfall said:

BTW...

Anyone else here embarqued on the lunacy train, continued the Hachette Collection and is building the 1:350 Andromeda?  No? Just me?! :lol:

Still gathering my energy for the apparently nightmare inducing job that is all the wiring in those final 3 or 4 issues. Just hope all works in the end. Fingers crossed.

Didn't even see that there was an Andromeda. Lord that's tempting. The headache I'd dread is just trying to make sure I got all the pieces. Are there any photos of the final beast?

On 6/3/2021 at 8:49 PM, Johannes Huber said:

Is there any info on when this kit will be out?

Not yet.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:56 PM, Johannes Huber said:

Didn't even see that there was an Andromeda. Lord that's tempting. The headache I'd dread is just trying to make sure I got all the pieces. Are there any photos of the final beast?

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Johannes Huber said:

Don't know if anyone has already posted this but the Asuka carrier is now available for preorder at HLJ. If anyone needs the link, let me know and I'll post it. Is it my imagination or does the other shown carrier, the Hyuga, look somewhat different than the Asuka?

There are notable differences between the two, pretty much all over. The WMG is open on the Hyuga, the lower sterns and flight decks are also different, and I think some bridge structure/antenna detail. What's also different, is that I have yet to see the order page for the Hyuga...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, oshanmacross said:

This showed up on ebay yesterday, It might be a mistake in listing as no way this monstrosity could be shipped to the US for $60
Lister does mention pickup only so might be one of those vanity or store pickup listings that are common on yahoo japan:
Over-The-Counter Pick-Up Only Ashette Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Create

Gone.  That was quick.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since we talked about SBY 2202....

Yamato 2205 Episode 2 commentary | CosmoDNA (ourstarblazers.com)

towards the bottom of the article, it mentions Titan, a former moon of Saturn. Can someone explain the full details on the demise of Saturn (besides what I personally think what happened based on what I recall from the series)?

i guess that explains why the fleet wasn't visiting a Quasar during their travels (which was what i thought was depicted in the few pics or clips seen online previously) but the actual remains of Saturn... I'm just curious because if Saturn effectively disappeared (or its sphere of gravitational influence is reduced or removed outright), that should actually cause massive changes in the solar system... should it not? I know ive talked about this before (because then and now, its seems like a really cool 'What If' event)...

20 hours ago, TehPW said:

I'm just curious because if Saturn effectively disappeared (or its sphere of gravitational influence is reduced or removed outright), that should actually cause massive changes in the solar system... should it not? 

Yes, and fairly quickly too.  But! This is Yamato physics where the new Gatlantis Empire had a bunch of planets within it (not just a moon size ship like the original show) and nothing came of it.