DHL, which has actually been a 1/3 cheaper and as fast or faster than EMS (to the east coast US). 

Oddly, mykombini charged me MORE for DHL than EMS on the DX VF-1A.

3rd bridge was a pain to put together, especially the hydrolic pistons. Got a teeny bit of glue on the outside, not bad. I got more glue on an aileron of the VF-1.

I still need to build 081-083, I will either have to disassemble one section of hull for the wings (i put a magnet in backwards) or assemble the wing with opposite magnet polarities.

Secured 20-22 of the VF-1 from hlj. Still need 079 of Yamato.

Definitely the most fun models I've ever built.

Edited by easnoddy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, easnoddy said:

DHL, which has actually been a 1/3 cheaper and as fast or faster than EMS (to the east coast US). 

Oddly, mykombini charged me MORE for DHL than EMS on the DX VF-1A.

3rd bridge was a pain to put together, especially the hydrolic pistons. Got a teeny bit of glue on the outside, not bad. I got more glue on an aileron of the VF-1.

I still need to build 081-083, I will either have to disassemble one section of hull for the wings (i put a magnet in backwards) or assemble the wing with opposite magnet polarities.

Secured 20-22 of the VF-1 from hlj. Still need 079 of Yamato.

Definitely the most fun models I've ever built.

So strange,

I'm having no luck catching the Yamato issues lately before they go to "order stop"
I usually have to wait until they go to backorder.
And I check daily, wonder is fewer quantities are being produced.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, oshanmacross said:

So strange,

I'm having no luck catching the Yamato issues lately before they go to "order stop"

Issue #87 just went up on HLJ.

https://www.hlj.com/space-battleship-yamato-2202-1-350-yamato-weekly-magazine-087-hsjwym087

Edited by sumyumgoy

On 9/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, oshanmacross said:

So strange,

I experience the same thing. More often than not I get them on backorder, but HLJ pulls through and my order is filled.  This happened around the 60th issue.  I reckon the demand just got higher as word spread around.  I can't say if fewer quantities are being produced; I figure it's just bad timing.  Speaking of which, thanks sumyumgoy-I secured #87!

I just ordered a warehouse shipment with my 20 or so issues on board.  Just in time for my vacation! :)

You're welcome @Valkyrie Hunter D!  It's the least I can do for your hookup with #10.  I've been tag teaming with a friend to keep up with the issues so I can spam the thread with each new release as they come.

I was also able to order a couple back issues and the binders direct from Hachette using a proxy but it is a more expensive route.

Thanks @sumyumgoy

I use the following queries but still catch them late. Looks like HLJ's database sorts queries at different times of the day.

Hatchette New Arrivals:
https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=*&productFilter=arrivedDate%3ALast 7 days%3B%3Bmanufacturer%3AHachette Collections Japan.

Yamato Sort New:
https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=*&productFilter=arrivedDate%3ALast 7 days%3B%3Bseries%3ASpace Battleship Yamato 2199 %2F Space Battleship Yamato 2202%3B%3Bmanufacturer%3AHachette Collections Japan.

But If I search for "yamato 2202 1/350 087" it does show so, that might be the best option.

I tried getting the Binders and other stuff from them direct and of course no go without a proxy.
I was able to get an answer if it is removable from the base from them, it is ^_^

Edited by oshanmacross

9 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

The seller i use has canceled/ refunded several of my orders recently. If they were  posted at the same time/ date every week like a macross preorder id be good, but its way more random than that. As it is I'm reliant on hlj backorder for issue 85.

Damn, I think our/my assumptions are right
Hatchette might be running out of resources to produce.

If any needs Hachette 078 I have an extra.  Also, I'll likely have 2 extras of 087.   It feels like there's either a lower supply now.  I've accidentally ordered 2 sets twice now due to the panicked nature of waiting for new releases... 

On the model I'm through 084, I may have constructed the AA gun movement section incorrectly, I guess I'll see when its testable.  Some of the "D" tops on the pegs go different directions.  If they still rotate I can fix it by making the insertion point on the 4-gun AA batteries a circle rather than a D.  Putting the last part of the hull together was a royal PITA.  They should have sold a set of proper tools to complete the kit.  All of my screwdrivers were too short and it took a lot of work.  Also, instructions in English would have helped tremendously.  I still despise the fiber-optic insertion mechanism.  Some of them pop out without glue quite easily.  Smaller fibers would have been great also.

Edited by easnoddy