25 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I think he's referring to a time traveling plot. Which I'm still not sure is happening. Maybe the de-aging scenes , as flashbacks like The Last Crusade, are what the rumors meant..:unknw::unknw:

Time-traveling plot? 🤨

How did the internet go from WW2 era de-aged Indy to time travel? Wait, never mind, don’t answer that.

The de-aging and stunt man head replacement needs somework.  Especially that bad Indy head on a horse shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if we find a good portion of the movie if they used computers not only to recreate his face but also his voice for younger Indy parts. Like with Luke's appearance in the Book of Boba.  This movie could be a big test by Disney seeing if audiences will accept zombie actors.

52 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Though its very brief in the trailer Harrison's de-aging VFX is super impressive, best I've seen yet! Maybe it's perfected finally? Guess we'll have to see the movie to find out!

Agreed, looks pretty good and will probably be the best scene of the whole movie..lol

Maybe that guy they hired who made ILM look like fools when he de-aged Luke for the Mandalorian, as a fan edit, finally got let loose to do his thing.....

15 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Time-traveling plot? 🤨

How did the internet go from WW2 era de-aged Indy to time travel? Wait, never mind, don’t answer that.

Supposedly from the test screenings the wheel of destiny is basically a time travel relic and that’s why they have de aged Indy. At some of the test screenings there were different endings, like one where Indy dies and the god daughter takes the hat to become the new main character and basically replace him in some of the timeline changes, but the audience’s supposedly hated that and they may be going with one of several endings that they shot for the movie.

I’m not a big fan of time travel stuff thrown into a franchise that’s mostly grounded, but I also want to see a new Indy movie. I’m a bit torn on this and maybe I’ll wait to hear something about if it’s good enough to watch.

time travel is kinda what brought down my liking of endgame a bit and multiverse stuff is why I’m not so into this fade of the marvel stuff. Those are some of the reasons I’m not so interested in the upcoming dc projects. But those are at least less grounded franchises. Then again Indy has dealt with Christianity and Aliens, so maybe it’s not so grounded either. 

Earlier I think I accidentally posted the title as wheel of destiny, when it’s actually dial of destiny. I was probably confusing it with Wheel of time. I have a feeling that that’s probably the title they would’ve chosen if it hadn’t already been taken 

22 minutes ago, Big s said:

Earlier I think I accidentally posted the title as wheel of destiny, when it’s actually dial of destiny. I was probably confusing it with Wheel of time. I have a feeling that that’s probably the title they would’ve chosen if it hadn’t already been taken 

Indiana Jones and the Wheel of Fortune, maybe?

I think it has a nice ring to it.

In the trailer he appears to be shown at multiple points in time, not just pre-WWII and not just the "present" (whatever that is, late sixties or early seventies).  So time travel may be involved or the story may be taking part over a long arc of time.  At any rate it looks good.

I maybe in the minority here, but I really enjoyed and enjoy the whole franchise of movies to include the kingdom of the crystal skull.  There is just something about the whole series that makes it so endearing to me.  I look forward to seeing this movie and adding it to my collection when the time comes.

Twich

6 minutes ago, twich said:

I maybe in the minority here, but I really enjoyed and enjoy the whole franchise of movies to include the kingdom of the crystal skull.  There is just something about the whole series that makes it so endearing to me.  I look forward to seeing this movie and adding it to my collection when the time comes.

Twich

+1

8 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Yay, another movie that relies on time travel to make a story work. I'll pass.

Not only that but it looks like it's working off of the "old time travel" where you can effect things in the future by making changes in the past.

So how does the "new time travel" work?

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So how does the "new time travel" work?

Traveling back in time causes an alternate time line by splitting the old one.

That, or Burt Reynolds pulls up in a black Trans Am and grins at you before burning rubber and peeling outta there.

21 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Traveling back in time causes an alternate time line by splitting the old one.

That, or Burt Reynolds pulls up in a black Trans Am and grins at you before burning rubber and peeling outta there.

That would be awesome time travel! I'll be Sally Field!

8 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

+2

There has always been a level of pleasurable camp to it.

16 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I have never seen you say you don't like something.;)

Because usually when I don't like something, I keep it to myself. There are sometimes I'll say that I don't, but otherwise I leave whatever it is alone.

Why spend time decrying something I don't like or watch, right?:unknw:

3 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

Yay, another movie that relies on time travel to make a story work. 

An official synopsis of the movie has been released? Or maybe the reviews are already out? No. Perhaps you should not listen to internet rumors that have not been reported by any reputable source.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, Big s said:

Supposedly from the test screenings the wheel of destiny is basically a time travel relic and that’s why they have de aged Indy. At some of the test screenings there were different endings, like one where Indy dies and the god daughter takes the hat to become the new main character and basically replace him in some of the timeline changes, but the audience’s supposedly hated that and they may be going with one of several endings that they shot for the movie.

I’m not a big fan of time travel stuff thrown into a franchise that’s mostly grounded, but I also want to see a new Indy movie. I’m a bit torn on this and maybe I’ll wait to hear something about if it’s good enough to watch.

time travel is kinda what brought down my liking of endgame a bit and multiverse stuff is why I’m not so into this fade of the marvel stuff. Those are some of the reasons I’m not so interested in the upcoming dc projects. But those are at least less grounded franchises. Then again Indy has dealt with Christianity and Aliens, so maybe it’s not so grounded either. 

What would be a good ending is if the wheel sent the audience back to the beginning of the first movie.

But in all seriousness, here's what Wikipedia says so far about it:

(SPOILER ALERT)

Spoiler

"In 1969, American archaeologist and adventurer, Indiana Jones, lives against the backdrop of the Space Race. Jones is uneasy over the fact that the U.S. Government has recruited former Nazis to help beat the Soviet Union in the competition to make it to space. His goddaughter, Helena, accompanies him on his journey.[2][3] Meanwhile, Voller, a NASA member and ex-Nazi involved with the moon-landing program, wishes to make the world into a better place as he sees fit.[2]"

(more):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Dial_of_Destiny

As for time travel, I took it upon myself to "de-age" Indy.

Observe:

2113578963_PBdeagesIndy.jpg.fa00fb5a2b2f0780ce57859d499a213b.jpg

Edited by pengbuzz

2 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I apologize. I coastally make the mistake of looking at the world through my eyes. I care about people other than myself. I keep forgetting that there are different ways of looking at the community around me.

No apologies necessary!

Just now, Dynaman said:

Which, with our current level of understanding (IE, none) means pretty much nothing.

It was a little out there anyway, what with his brother's head slowly vanishing. Always had be wondering what was going on back in '85? Were people freaking out about it? 

To view it now as time needing some time to orient itself to the new history, such as nothing changing until the character(s) return to their own time to close the loop is a lot cleaner.

24 minutes ago, Thom said:

It was a little out there anyway, what with his brother's head slowly vanishing. Always had be wondering what was going on back in '85? Were people freaking out about it? 

Nobody gave it a second (or even a first) thought.  The alternative was to have Marty pop out of existence instantly and then how would he go back in time to fix it?  (Don't answer that - there is not answer)

6 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

It's been present in most of the recent moves with time travel. Avengers Endgame for example.

Here is what it is and how in theory it's the only way that can work:

https://theconversation.com/time-travel-could-be-possible-but-only-with-parallel-timelines-178776

The "Back To The Future" type of time travel is now a dead concept in the scientific community.

In the words of Spider-Man(PS1): "Sure it breaks the laws of physics, but so does everything else I do."

18 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

I apologize. I coastally make the mistake of looking at the world through my eyes. I care about people other than myself. I keep forgetting that there are different ways of looking at the community around me.

Is this you, cause that seem kind 'cutesy' to me!

At this point, I don't even know where we are going here?! Are you being critical about something and just can't say it plainly?

On 12/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, Roy Focker said:

I hope it ends with him losing an eye as a nod to the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

I don’t have the right streaming service to be able to verify myself, I think it’s on Paramount + but could be wrong. I didn’t see it on D+ or Hulu. Either way I’ve been hearing that they removed old Indy from all the episodes, so unfortunately they may not be referencing that version of him. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I don’t have the right streaming service to be able to verify myself, I think it’s on Paramount + but could be wrong. I didn’t see it on D+ or Hulu. Either way I’ve been hearing that they removed old Indy from all the episodes, so unfortunately they may not be referencing that version of him. 

https://screenrant.com/young-indiana-jones-chronicles-old-indy-cut-reason-canon/

Apparently that goes back to George Lucas being George Lucas.

21 hours ago, JB0 said:

https://screenrant.com/young-indiana-jones-chronicles-old-indy-cut-reason-canon/

Apparently that goes back to George Lucas being George Lucas.

Yeah, they removed old Indy from when the series was released on dvd dating back to 2007. This was before Disney purchased Lucasfilm or Crystal Skull even existed for those wondering.

8 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Yeah, they removed old Indy from when the series was released on dvd dating back to 2007. This was before Disney purchased Lucasfilm or Crystal Skull even existed for those wondering.

I honestly haven’t seen the show since it was probably in some type of syndication. I remember liking it, but not enough to buy it. It is a bit disappointing to hear the old man got cut out, but I guess I’m late to the news by a few years

• 2 months later...