Macross Museum 2Δ

Maybe I was over exaggerating but if you combine the collections for several collectors like what you see at Macross World Con and put them in the right setting you would have something pretty close.

I don't think that's his real pipe. How does 2D person use a 3D pipe anyways.

No, you really wouldn't. The Yamato toys? Yeah, sure. Everything else? The only place I'd ever seen ANY of it was at other Macross Museum exhibits.

Edited by Gubaba

Now that is a positive and worthy project. Instead of trying to replicate it, do something slightly different. MW has a large toy and modeling community, so a Macross TOY and MODEL museum would be most impressive. JVMacross has every Takatoku Macross toy, and that in my mind is more impressive than a complete set of Yamato valks. How about people temporarily donate their collections to display next MW Con for display?

Come on gang, I bet if we pooled our resources with something like kickstarter or even patreon, we could do something like that here! Sure maybe we wouldn't have 90% of the rare stuff from the actual museum, but we could make an event out of it...Maybe something like MacrossWorld con! It would be like a Macross museum but without all the hardcore stuff the actual museum has.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Now that is a positive and worthy project. Instead of trying to replicate it, do something slightly different. MW has a large toy and modeling community, so a Macross TOY and MODEL museum would be most impressive. JVMacross has every Takatoku Macross toy, and that in my mind is more impressive than a complete set of Yamato valks. How about people temporarily donate their collections to display next MW Con for display?

People do donate stuff to display at the MW con. While a lot of the old stuff is cool to look at, it is stuff that just about everyone has seen, so it's usually not the highlight of any display stuff. Well, mostly for the toy stuff. There is some vintage stuff that isn't the common merchandise that is shown at times that is fun to look and talk about, but the displays are usually of newer stuff to highlight what is current. I don't think they really need any sort of museum. There's enough pics here already, IMO.

I would like to go to the museums when they're going on in Japan though. It's not just viewing stuff, but the entire feel they bring, the aura, if you will. they also have unique merch that is sold only there. Those are great, and I like it when the guys there do their podcasts on them.

I think the event report for the Shibuya Gengaten (Macross Keyframe Exhibition) is archived somewhere... That was in 2012 or something. That was amazing not just because of the stuff displayed, but because I talked to so many fans there that brought a bunch of their own settings materials, etc., that had never seen the light of day before. It was really a grassroots event. Plus so many people came up to talk to me, a guy who worked on DYRL back in the 80s (now at Kadokawa) recognized me from somewhere, that may also have been the first time we met Antibiotictab, he came up to chat with us, a student of mine came up and wondered what the hell all the fuss was about because this "Macross" thing was being held in the middle of a really trendy fashion store (she is now a model, by the way!!)... Really, really, good times.

Oh and we met Mikimoto.

You can't recreate all that without a deep camaraderie. :)

Edited by Renato

Here are the pics for the merch section. I decided against posting them originally because I felt it was not part of the main display, and was too low quality to see the individual items well. It was a mix of event exclusive items from the last year or so, like the recent Snow Festival. Not sure why, but the pictures rotated 90 degrees when I uploaded.

post-848-0-95959400-1458926919_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-86449900-1458926938_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-86564400-1458926955_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-12193700-1458926980_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-22751600-1458926997_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-46695900-1458927014_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-11630500-1458927028_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-47384400-1458927157_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-74919000-1458927181_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-57224000-1458927202_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-03510100-1458927223_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-82941700-1458927239_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-48707600-1458927264_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-92325000-1458927289_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-77583300-1458927308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

They are empty. They are just collapsible packing crates with Macross themed markings.

THAT'S cool. I'd love one with the UN kite and "New Edwards TFC" on it.

The setting for this museum is that it is a fictional parallel universe where the events of Macross DYRL was real, experienced by 3D people. And this museum set in 2060 has uncovered artifacts from that era and is displaying them.

Maybe I was over exaggerating but if you combine the collections for several collectors like what you see at Macross World Con and put them in the right setting you would have something pretty close.

I don't think that's his real pipe. How does 2D person use a 3D pipe anyways.

what would be a good search term for these folding/collapsible containers at YAJ?

or if anyone's interested, i'm willing to pay commission to get these (SMS, Skull Squadron), as well as the Survey Corps (Attack on Titan) and Gurren Lagann.

anyone up for it, please PM me. thanks

I believe they are called 折りたたみコンテナ but don't see any on Yahoo auctions at this time.

what would be a good search term for these folding/collapsible containers at YAJ?

or if anyone's interested, i'm willing to pay commission to get these (SMS, Skull Squadron), as well as the Survey Corps (Attack on Titan) and Gurren Lagann.

Next time there's a Sapporo Macross event, I'll keep my eyes open. They did have some at the Snow Festival, so they'll probably make their way back again.

I have all 3 of these crates. They are really good crates, and are really sturdy. Tochiro knew where to get them as he was instrumental in me getting mine, but obviously he's not here. In any case, if you can luckily find them, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

post-582-0-19440200-1459231683_thumb.jpg

Can they fit Yamato v2 1/60 boxes? If so, how many do you reckon?

They can fit them, but not too many. Maybe 2. They're great for smaller stuff though. I have one full of little figures and merchandise. The others have yet to find purpose.

jenius, internal dimensions are 493 × 335 × 303mm. i recall it couldn't fit my Yamato boxes (too tall) but should be able to fit 2-3 Bandai boxes

thanks jefuemon. appreciate it.

jasonc, i think i have your mailing address from our last paypal transaction. hmmm... :ph34r:

If I can get more, trust me, I'm gonna get some more of these. I also have a Yamato 2199 UNCF crate.

yup, the UNCF crate is fantastic.

gave me the idea to get the other "ship" crates: Kirishima and Izumo, I-401 from Arpeggio, Bentenmaru from Bodacious Space Pirates, Shimakaze from Kancolle (wish it had at least some english text though).

hoping they come up with one for the SDF-1, ARMD, Prometheus, Daedalus. there supposedly one for the Bebop, but i have yet to see pictures, so might be a myth.

then there's the "organization" line (eg. NERV, Umbrella) which is where SMS will fit in.

and a bunch of "squad" crates (Gakuen 35, Gate Regiment 3, Keron Army, Anti-Skill, etc) where Skull squadron will sit.

There is one called the Laylax Shock Equipment Crate. Its for storing your Stun Baton, Shock Stick and Tazer gear in... lol

Edited by NZEOD