MF Beatrice Tank

Xigfrid

I have been looking around Ebay/Amazon/Online shops for quiete some time now for a B1 Centauro Tank in 1:60 scale to simulate the "Beatrice" tanks seen in Macross Frontier.

Unfortunately, there are 1:72 only, and considering the difference of size between the Centauro and the Beatrice, the Centauro in 1:72 would never make the illusion for a Beatrice.

Then, I decided to begin with a Centauro 3D model in 1:1 scale made by Empy on the warehouse and from there, adapting the shapes to fit a Beatrice. Well I soon realized that it would be much easier to draw the Beatrice from scratch! Today, I can share this work, still in progress though.

The Beatrice will feature a few artculations/movements like: turrel rotation, canon rise, hatchs opening, 8 spinning wheels and 2 front wheels being directional and rear door openning. The model has been so far realised for 1:60 scale, but should be ok for 1:72 scale also.

A few pictures to compare the "Beatrice" line-art version vs the Centauro.

post-15880-0-94206700-1456847035_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-97419400-1456847036_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-23174500-1456847038_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-42013200-1456847039_thumb.jpg

That's a big part of why I haven't continued on the VA-3 kit I was working on in 1/60. I was already at around $200 for the legs, and one of the leg parts needed tweaking. If you make it for yourself first, then there's no worry about the price too much, but if you're making it for an income project, that's a whole different story.

I don't know if you've ever tried, but you could always go old school, and work with styrene. It won't cost as much monetarily, but it will cost much more in time.

I admire those who knows how to work styrene, putty and such. I think that once you have tasted the precision and quality of 3D prints, you can't go back!

The model is quiet tricky with holes and cavities, I didn't plan to make an income project out of this one