TomyTec GIMIX Macross Delta 1/144

seti88

I didn't gloss coat, but it might make them a little easier to tweak once down if you do. I didn't have any film to remove after they were on the model. I did go with the wrong size 03 for my front canard though, wish I had gone one size smaller!

Did you apply any sort of softener or anything like that or just water? Sounds like you might still have the film on it.

Actually... you can still get that one and the other two they did, the Blast Off f18 one and the F14 one as well. Picked one up last night from eBay.

Edited by NZEOD

Carrier deck 1/144

This is the one I bought yesterday Dragon / DML 1:144 Blast OFF F/A-18 A on Carrier Deck - Plastic Model Kit #4003U

Edited by NZEOD

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, just bought another VF-1s and ordered and paid for it on Thursday afternoon from Amiami Japan... it arrived today, Monday, at work at 0735hrs. 8836km... damn!

Edited by NZEOD

Damn these things are TINY!! Just assembled one on my lunch break. Pretty quick builds, but I DID need glue for the nose cone and for the parts i modified to do a transformation sequence halfway between Fighter and Gerwalk. Cut the centre out of the Gerwalk underside plate to the fighter folded arms would still fit and removed the arm sockets. Now to lengthen the engine light cables to hide the control board under the display and hollow and silver light proof the legs for the light tunnel.

Beware... the Fighter mode legs are NOT light proof and without some foil on the inside just forward of the engine nozzle, the OP11 light set will shine through the leg plastic.

Edited by NZEOD

Beware... the Fighter mode legs are NOT light proof and without some foil on the inside just forward of the engine nozzle, the OP11 light set will shine through the leg plastic.

Yes, there are light leakage along the fuselage and leg. I was planning on doing a video about it but got sidetracked. Will see if I can put it together in the next day or so.

Edited by Wiz13688

IMG_20161018_0741041_zpsgrjap2pu.jpg

OP11 does come with some adhesive foil, I just didnt realise it was needed. I'll go back ans fix this at a later stage either with their foil or some tinfoil of my own - as tinfoil would be thinner and easier to shape.

Edited by NZEOD

you'd need too great a layer of paint... tinfoil it. I'll get back to it this weekend and let you know how it goes tin foiling it.

Edited by NZEOD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm way down under in New Zealand and they get here just fine. They are only 45ish USD I think

Edited by NZEOD

WOW looks like the worldwide stock of VF-31A Kairos Fighters are gone aside from the ones asking for $100 plus! Glad I got mine when I did!

Everyone loves the CF underdogs be it Brownies, VF-171 or 31As I guess

Edited by NZEOD

WOW looks like the worldwide stock of VF-31A Kairos Fighters are gone aside from the ones asking for $100 plus! Glad I got mine when I did!

Everyone loves the CF underdogs be it Brownies, VF-171 or 31As I guess

Tomytec doesn't seem make a ton of these kits. Once they go out of stock, it takes forever for Tomytec to reissue them. Many haven't. Some of the older OOP F-15 & F-22 kits are commanding crazy YJA/Ebay prices.

damnit, just need one more to complete the set of 6!

Ignore that, just found a source of them for $30, guessing this could be one of the last stockists

Edited by NZEOD