TomyTec GIMIX Macross Delta 1/144

seti88

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Sadly i missed the 31A the one i really wanted. Had one back ordered at hlj forever. HLJ finally emailed me saying they won't be able to get one now. Hopefully they will release more of them.

They sold out about a month ago, I was sourcing all mine through Buyee/Yahoo.jp

Now the only ones around are the Scalpers ones at $100US and up.

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

missed out on VF-31A as well. I thought it will be re-issued. Mandarake never listed it and Yahoo JP is not really friendly on the final price or scalped price

I got all mine for about 44US each and shipped them on the 6 day Registered Airmail option at about 900yen so pretty damn cheap to NZ

3 hours ago, NZEOD said:

Could be worth getting the Draken and the vf31J just to recreate the Delta title scene with them passing each other

That's too boring. I'd just wait for the VF31F and then recreate that scene with the Draken and complete it with the blood splatter :lol:

If that sale is still on by March I'll try to get a Draken.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:08 PM, ECB5489 said:

I'm still hoping that tomytec release the macross frontier in 1/144 scale also.

This. I would buy the whole lineup.. Whereas the Delta ones, that hasn't been the case. 
It would seem Frontier is still very popular in Japan, I cant help but think this would be a somewhat "logical" decision provided they get the rights etc etc...

Fingers crossed.

exactly! I've switched to using Registered SAL for all my BUYEE stuff out of Japan and its been getting to NZ in 5 to 6 days! for a 1/3 the price of EMS

semi gloss arad looks slick! ^_^ how come you needed to apply panel line wash tho, the existing lines arent enough?

btw was trying to feed my kairos hunger and stumbled upon this custom.....call it the SR-71 custom :D...

wish i had bought more tomytec 31A's, but alas.....if tomytec releases the 2 mode 31A kit it would sell like hotcakes. Where are those tomytec?!!

And its a hopeful sign that once bandai releases the 1/72 31A kits it would be incredibly ideal to customise! 

Edited by seti88

On 2/28/2017 at 0:25 PM, derex3592 said:

Got my Arad 31 Fighter in yesterday from the HLJ. Picked SAL shipping because I really wanted out cheap and really didn't care how long it took...showed up in 10 days! WOW! :o. Makes me wonder whyyyy I've been paying for 2-4 day EMS and Fed-Ex on the big Valks..

Dude I would go SAL on everything if I could.. but nooooo... too many people "losing" packages via SAL on big-ticket items made HLJ adopt an EMS / Fedex only policy on big ticket items :0

On 3/3/2017 at 2:08 AM, Duymon said:

Dude I would go SAL on everything if I could.. but nooooo... too many people "losing" packages via SAL on big-ticket items made HLJ adopt an EMS / Fedex only policy on big ticket items :0

while i'm aware of this policy, for some reason it was never applied to me. all my HLJ shipments were SAL for the past decade.

scoured Akiba and Nakano a couple of weeks ago. not a single 31A to be found.

I thought the shipping policy was based on package size rather than value of certain items. I've had plenty of items up to a certain size shipped through SAL. Granted, none of them were $300 collector's items... And at a certain size point, the SAL option, though still available, costs more than EMS.

doesn't seem to be size either. i use PW so my shipments tend to be very big boxes, and would contain high value items. doesn't seem to be country based either as i've had packages shipped to 3 different countries, all on SAL.

my big and high value single purchases have also shipped via SAL, though they did enter PW first and i later decided to ship them on their own, usually because grouping the smaller items into one box results into lower SAL fees than if i group them with already big items. 

that these high value and/or big items first enter PW, might be the workaround i inadvertently stumbled on.

granted, at some point SAL can be 20% more expensive than the EMS option, but i avoid EMS like the plague. particularly where i am now, EMS super sucks. i would happily pay the SAL premium rather than wasting 2-3 hours roundtrip driving to the EMS pickup/clearing house, and another 2-3 hours waiting in line for them to retrieve/process it.

17 hours ago, Major Focker said:

scoured Akiba and Nakano a couple of weeks ago. not a single 31A to be found.

There are 2 on Yahoo JP Auctions, ones about 70USD and the other a laughable 110USD. So glad I got my six while there were cheap!