Arcadia 1/60 Lancer II

wmkjr

19 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

well, might take into account that when you get a valk, the price not only includes the cost of production and licenses, but the research and development cost, which in  most modern valks shows a lot of attention to detail, seemless transformation and diecast in crucial parts.

The lancer dont have any of this, its just a plastic mold with pretty much a rotable helix. Thats why i think its overpriced, if it was around 10k yen (which is higher than hi metals) seem like a fair price for it.

Same thought. 

This is pretty much just an item for completionists.

There's not really that much going for it. It's such a simple design and not really very interesting or attractive in my opinion.

Seems like such a random thing to decide to make out of all the things they could have spent the effort on. They'd have been better off picking something more appealing if they're going to price things that high.

• 1 month later...

Added release info to the 1st post. Guess they're not expecting a lot of orders since the closing date is around the corner.

Edited by wmkjr

I think you might have to go through a proxy. I might be able to order a few through a friend in Japan if they dont limit them to 1. HLJ *might* carry them like they did with the Premium 1S HIkaru but who knows. 

Edited by anubis20

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

:blink: 17480¥ + shipping :o + no pay later option <_< (it's their current policy pertaining to Special Editions and Exclusives, I know)= PASS

It looks nice, but not THAT nice.  Oh, well:unknw:

Pay later is available for the Lancer II. I think n-y only puts that "no pay later" restriction on limited Bandai releases (p-Bandai, Tamashii, and so on).  

The price is hard to swallow, the usual n-y business of adding/passing on copious fees. Hm...HLJ picked up a batch of the premium finish Hikaru 1S last time. I wonder what the chances are that they might pick up a batch of these, along with Roy's premium 1S? I may wait a couple of days to see how things go with the other stores.

44 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Pay later is available for the Lancer II. I think n-y only puts that "no pay later" restriction on limited Bandai releases (p-Bandai, Tamashii, and so on).

You're right... saw it wrong, silly me.  But it's still a few hundred Yen too far for what this is, so the PASS stands.

Edited by mechaninac

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No idea. That would be a great alternative, though. The last message in the 1/60 thread is from September 2015 asking the same question...:(

2 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

You're right... saw it wrong, silly me.  But it's still a few hundred Yen too far for what this is, so the PASS stands.

Definitely. If that was the price including shipping, then I would be okay with it. Since it is the price before shipping it is making me pause too. The current price makes it seem like n-y is passing on the 8% tax to international buyers.

13 minutes ago, technoblue said:

No idea. That would be a great alternative, though. The last message in the 1/60 thread is from September 2015 asking the same question...:(

Definitely. If that was the price including shipping, then I would be okay with it. Since it is the price before shipping it is making me pause too. The current price makes it seem like n-y is passing on the 8% tax to international buyers.

Theoretically,  they have to pass on the tax because they have to pay it. It's a Japanese exclusive not a wholesale product. It's like they're in Japan buying it at a store for you and then shipping it to you. HLJ used to be able to work out a wholesale price on exclusives with Yamato but we don't know if NY can do that. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Theoretically,  they have to pass on the tax because they have to pay it. It's a Japanese exclusive not a wholesale product. It's like they're in Japan buying it at a store for you and then shipping it to you. HLJ used to be able to work out a wholesale price on exclusives with Yamato but we don't know if NY can do that. 

Oh, I understand that. In this case N-Y is like a proxy buyer, but I still find the fees hard to swallow. If N-Y is the only option, I will most likely pass on the Lancer in order to get Roy's 1S. 

See, if they had made a Gnerl fighter pod in 1/60 instead, I would have grabbed that.. but that also has about 3x the potential moving parts of this thing. :lol:

Maybe Bandai will hear our pleas and put out ah HMR lancer and fighter pod... bonus points if they make a bundle pack of 3 Lancers, or even a combo with both in the same package.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey question, did anyone order this? just wondering the interest for it. i know a few texted me about getting one or two. so i know for sure at least one person is getting it.

but beyond that, is there interest in the Lancer. 

I ordered one in the end ^_^ was gonna go w/ NY but they were gone by the time i finally made up my mind. Ordered straight from Arcadia.