Arcadia 1/60 Lancer II

wmkjr

Edited 4/11/17: Expected release date May 2017. Price 17064 (including tax) or 15800 tax excluded. Unpainted and unassembled resin kit.

April 30 closing date for pre-orders. Depending on orders it might be shipped after June.

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=247

From Wonderfest 2016 Winter. I'm putting this out there as a placeholder for more info and in the hopes that it doesn't turn into vaporware as I would love to see other vehicles made. Also, I noticed it's designed by MEF so maybe if it does sell and gets a good enough support the QF-3000E Ghost and maybe the other 2 hinted (Spartan, Cat's Eye) awhile back might get a chance at release in the distant future.

Winter-Wonder-Festival-2016-Arcadia-imag

Winter-Wonder-Festival-2016-Arcadia-imag

Edited by wmkjr
Added release info.

I was thinking adapter as well. As for landing gear, I don't think it even needs one as it's for space combat and was designed for quick strike then glide back home kinda deal. Maybe it gets grabbed by launch arms for recovery.

Hmm thats a lil large for an adapter piece? If its an adapter for attachment to a display stand, that must be one heck of a stand...

And I think this would be a model and not a kit. Does arcadia do kits and in 1/60 to boot?

Hope it wont be vapourware but not getting my hopes up.

Hmm, the info on the bottom left corner says 1/60 Lancer II Sale time:TBD Price:TBD. It's a planned unpainted assembly resin kit. It'll be 220mm long, opening cockpit and stand attachment. It'll be the first from Arcadia in this scale as I think the mini SDF-1 needed assembly too or am I mistaken? Mods please move thread to model section if needed.

Hmm thats a lil large for an adapter piece? If its an adapter for attachment to a display stand, that must be one heck of a stand...

And I think this would be a model and not a kit. Does arcadia do kits and in 1/60 to boot?

Hope it wont be vapourware but not getting my hopes up.

Well, a big display stand attachment is appropriate. After all, Arcadia 'do' have a big stand. ;)

• 11 months later...

I don't think any of this is going to go back to 5 years ago or further. That's usually not how the world works, but in any case, I'll get one. I've wanted one that is official, so this will be a buy for me.  It is pricey, but I'll just be taking sack lunches to work for a couple weeks to make up for it.

On 2/18/2017 at 6:07 PM, seti88 said:

P2190086-440x330.jpg

Looks nice! :wub:

But is this something that you can attach to the VF's hand to convert it into a 'BFG'? Probably it's going to make the VF-1 or VF-4 looks cool. ;)

Hehehe. Just being sarcastic because of the price. But seriously, imagine that attached to a VF-1 GBP. ^_^

10 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I don't think any of this is going to go back to 5 years ago or further. That's usually not how the world works, but in any case, I'll get one. I've wanted one that is official, so this will be a buy for me.  It is pricey, but I'll just be taking sack lunches to work for a couple weeks to make up for it.

well, might take into account that when you get a valk, the price not only includes the cost of production and licenses, but the research and development cost, which in  most modern valks shows a lot of attention to detail, seemless transformation and diecast in crucial parts.

The lancer dont have any of this, its just a plastic mold with pretty much a rotable helix. Thats why i think its overpriced, if it was around 10k yen (which is higher than hi metals) seem like a fair price for it.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Glad I bought and built the 3D kit made by a member here about a year or so ago. No way in hell I'd pay that. 

It was close to that price though and it was also resin cast and limited run hence why I'm thinking that's why this one is priced this way. If this was die tooled, it would probably be cheaper though the die molding would cost more and it being non transforming and not offering a lot in accessories/gimmicks, I would not expect to see a return on their investment.  I like the 3 different versions made. This version seems to have longer, flatter engines and the cannons are integrated more.  

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks nice! :wub:

But is this something that you can attach to the VF's hand to convert it into a 'BFG'? Probably it's going to make the VF-1 or VF-4 looks cool. ;)

Hehehe. Just being sarcastic because of the price. But seriously, imagine that attached to a VF-1 GBP. ^_^

I think a lancer valk with GBP  vs stampede valk showdown is in order.

So this is basically like your average garage resin kit, which already tends to be quite expensive. The difference is that this is an official product, so the price also has to cover the licensing fee. And I imagine that since it's made by an actual company in some kind of factory setting and not a garage, there's all sorts of overhead and other costs involved. My point is that I can understand why it's so expensive.

Also, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Model kits sub-forum?

Props and much respect to Arcadia for making this. Good to see their commitment Macross but at this price it's really hard to justify. While I can understand why this is expensive, I question their sales strategy for this - seems like they are not going for quantity. I'm sure many Macross fans will buy this if it were priced at say $30 - $50. After all, this doesn't have to be a fancy toy. It can be a cheap snap together kit like Gundam. It's not like we're going to be playing much with this. It's gonna just be for display and diorama purposes at most.