Gauging Interest for Arcadia 1/60 VT-1

arbit

A gilded crapper?

Actually, if I ever do get one, I'll paint a gold toilet on the nose commemorating this thread. Only here can we conflate plastic toys based on a sci-fi cartoon and lavatories made of precious metals.

Edited by Sildani

Bummer. What method did you use to try to fix the canopy?

My method was stupidly and clumsily trying to pry the cockpit apart with a flat head screwdriver. I don't remember exactly how it happened but the screwdriver slipped and the canopy bent/broke and there was much sadness. It still hurts to remember.

assuming that Arcadia actually does eventually re-issue all the previous Yamato toys and I had the cash to support buying re-issues then Land Ho Captain! But at the moment things are a little tight and seeing I have pretty much all the orignal Yamato v2 Valkyrie's it becomes hard to justify the costs involved..

Already have one here. Had to repair hinges (thanks to veef who made this possible), her canopy is also cracked all long but I bought it second hand so I'm not the author of this misadventure and well, I had it for a price almost cheaper than hlj's discount on VF-1A at the time and was glad enough to get that model in my collection.

I believe that if Arcadia re-released the VT-1, I would get 3 of them, as long as they keep the old price (and not prices like they do on 1/60 Macross Zero), 2 for me and one for a dear friend fond of Macross.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two VT-1. one has broken shoulders but I only display it in fighter mode. I would buy another in a heart beat if the price is right (meaning not Zero line prices).

Given the last Arcadia VF-1 releases with MSRP of Y16800. I know those came with the display stand. How I wish if ever they do reissue those VT-1 and VE-1, it will not go up more than Y22000. :rolleyes:

We'll never know actually. ;) But given the current Arcadia pricing and the old Yamato price is going for on second market, even if they price this as Y25000 and up, some of us (those who missed getting it) will still buy it for sure. ^_^

I just started re-watching sdf:macross. I am two episodes in. Now i really want a VF-1D, come on arcadia!

Quoted for truth - the VF-1D is one Valkyrie (among a select few) that I've never had a chance to own.

-b.

Actually I didn't expect so many responses when I started this post.

Here's hoping we get our VT-1 Renewal v3 (And Vf-1D for you other guys. I just want a 1/60 Minmay, no need for both a VF-1D and a VT-1).

• 2 weeks later...

Man it would ve easy money for arcadia if they rereleased the vt-1, ve-1, vf-1d and max/milia 1j's.

Way safer bet than the vf-19 fire valk that almost nobody buys

Agreed. ;)

But here's a thought. Maybe Arcadia is just waiting for the right moment to announce those 1/60 reissues when Bandai announces the release date for those orange valks in HM-R forms just to go head-to-head with. :rolleyes: And IF that happens, I'll stick with Arcadia. B))

I'd certainly go for a 1/60 VT-1 re-issue. Also a VF-1D. Those 2 have eluded me for a long time.

And the no-paint kits. I only got my hands on 2 of those back when they were released. then they vanished. Still haven't built one of them.