Macross 1992 Live Action Movie Treatment

Tochiro

It was pretty forgettable, in my opinion. In fact, the only thing I remember from it is that cop-out ending, because they didn't have time to wrap it up. Anyway, it shows just how difficult it is to adapt something based on a long-running serial, be it manga or anime, into a 2-hour movie. That is why you would have to take MAJOR liberties with a story to make it work within the confines of the new format.

Having not read the manga or watched the anime prior to seeing the movie, I'd say that it was at least compelling enough for me to go back to the other material. It's nothing spectacular though, I concede. I've since binge-watched the anime, and caught up with the manga. Agree on the last point. Wouldn't it be interesting to see hbo try to retell sdfm?

Having not read the manga or watched the anime prior to seeing the movie, I'd say that it was at least compelling enough for me to go back to the other material. It's nothing spectacular though, I concede. I've since binge-watched the anime, and caught up with the manga. Agree on the last point. Wouldn't it be interesting to see hbo try to retell sdfm?

Fair enough. I guess at the end of the day, that's the purpose of that movie, so it served it well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Japanese live action version of space brothers wasn't bad, though with minimal effects. Live action attack on titan blew chunks.

Live action zero/sdf would need better than force awakens effects, definitely should be better than bioman or robot jox

I liked the LA Attack on Titan.

It had all the elements needed to be a compelling film. Granted it wasn't perfect, but it was better than most...

• 3 weeks later...

The Japanese live action version of space brothers wasn't bad, though with minimal effects. Live action attack on titan blew chunks.

Live action zero/sdf would need better than force awakens effects, definitely should be better than bioman or robot jox

LOL! Robot Jox. "I'm gonna get in this thing, and I'm gonna KICK YOUR A$$!"

I liked the LA Attack on Titan.

It had all the elements needed to be a compelling film. Granted it wasn't perfect, but it was better than most...

Hehehe that was just my opinion if course =) did you like the LA rurouni kenshin movies?

LOL! Robot Jox. "I'm gonna get in this thing, and I'm gonna KICK YOUR A$$!"

Haha, I was a little kid & saw that in the theater. I think I actually whispered "He said ass..."

Hahaha that's egzegackily what I thought too! I kill you already!!! Hahaha