Max Factory 1/20(!) VF-1S/A Hikaru

Renato

On 15/05/2017 at 7:10 PM, no3Ljm said:

I don't think it will stand properly in Gerwalk mode just basing it the way the legs and feet are layout. It's fixed-pose so you will end up tipping the nosecone too just to make it stand ala-tripod.

C_rp6n2UAAAhveE.jpg

It's difficult to see, but it seems the feet have a single joint joining them to the legs. So perhaps it can stand with the feet folded back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 4:24 PM, macsam said:

this one is so slow in update and development.  Hard to keep the excitement for this release.

Max Factory's Pacific Rim model kits took nearly 2 years from initial announcement to final release. Announced with an initial prototype shown at Winter WonFes 2015 in Feb of that year. Released in December 2016 and January 2017.

I kinda want to guess it's because they don't have on-site manufacturing so the back-and-forth between design in Japan and test injections in China takes much longer.

• 1 month later...

It really is nice to see it continuing on.

Can't wait until it is ready to order/pre-order.

The biggest problem so far, in my mind, is the detailing. I enjoy detailing my kits and I have never worked on anything in this scale. Kind of scared and excited at the same time.

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

I'm feeling that this sucker will be as expensive to ship as the Tamiya 1/32 F-15's and F-4's. Could prolly buy a few hases for less than what the shipping will cost O_o

Oh yeah... this thing is going to be Boo-Koo bucks.

Edited by vincemoto7

38 minutes ago, MechTech said:

Looks like they may have the missiles visible for the top fast packs. If not, they are in pieces to scratch build them. I'm hoping this is not too much! - MT

At that scale, modifications (like detailing or LEDs) ought to be quite easy to add in.

3 hours ago, idontknow said:

Anyone remember the scale of the arii one? It was 1/20 if I recall, very little detail, and made from a ceramic type material?

I remember there being a 1/35 VF-1 by Bandai, but that was just a display prototype or something and never made it past that stage.

...then there was this sexy beast last year:

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:
6 hours ago, idontknow said:

Anyone remember the scale of the arii one? It was 1/20 if I recall, very little detail, and made from a ceramic type material?

I remember there being a 1/35 VF-1 by Bandai, but that was just a display prototype or something and never made it past that stage.

...then there was this sexy beast last year:

I don't remember the 1/35. I should stay in touch.

How big was that one in the youtube vid? Hard to get a real justification of the size of the beast.

Here is the one I was thinking of. Good old Macross World to the rescue.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/arii_124valkyrie.htm

51 minutes ago, idontknow said:

I don't remember the 1/35. I should stay in touch.

How big was that one in the youtube vid? Hard to get a real justification of the size of the beast.

Here is the one I was thinking of. Good old Macross World to the rescue.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/arii_124valkyrie.htm

49 minutes ago, idontknow said:

Here is the link on ARII 1/24 Valk @ HLJ.com

Oh, nice. I don't think I've ever seen that, myself.

As for the VF-31, it was just a display piece (sadly). According to this site, it's 1/6 scale, which sounds about right. And here's a shot with the whole thing in frame for a better sense of its size:

ggz_2713.jpg

43 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

As for the VF-31, it was just a display piece (sadly). According to this site, it's 1/6 scale, which sounds about right. And here's a shot with the whole thing in frame for a better sense of its size

Jeesh, humongous! Could only imagine what something like that would cost.

2 hours ago, Kelsain said:

It's too late to change my son's Halloween costume for this year! Dang it!

Why? Is this coming out later this year? Do they have official schedule for it? Not sure so I'm just asking. Thanks.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Why? Is this coming out later this year? Do they have official schedule for it? Not sure so I'm just asking. Thanks.

No, I was just imagining how awesome it'd be to put FAST packs on my boy. I'd most likely make them out of cardboard or foam is I was really going to do it. Maybe next year.

We've changed the plan for the boy's costume twice already, this year. Originally, he wanted to be Sauron ("the tower with the red eye") and I was totally excited to build it for him. Then he changed his little 4 year old mind to Adam West Batman, but says I should be Sauron. I'm totally on board with that.

Edited by Kelsain

2 minutes ago, Kelsain said:

I think it loses something in the transition from a 3 ft tall little dude to a grown-ass man, but I've got a plan. We're not talking SDCC-level cosplay here, though. Mostly cardboard & spray paint.

We're all dads here, Kelsain. We're not into perfection. Only with toys. ;)

I just realized the GU-11 gunpod is the same scale (and roughly) the same size as the old kit: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/imai/imai_orig.htm

I have that kit. So yes, you can make that sucker Airsoft capable! Hmm, that would be cool. Those fast packs are large! - MT