Bandai 1/72 Scale Transformable Macross Δ Kits

IXTL

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Fighter mode on my 31J. Its taken me over a year and a half to get to this point... just need to finish the extra hands and the partsforming pieces for the gunpod and drone charger. Goal is to have it 100% complete by next weekend and move on from this infernal kit :lol:

1/72 VF-31J

1/72 VF-31J

1/72 VF-31J

1/72 VF-31J

1/72 VF-31J

1/72 VF-31J

Edited by anubis20

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

So I'm looking at getting my hands on the Mirage kit in the next month or so, does anyone know where I can get a set of missiles for her super version? Either in another kit or possibly Shapeways?

You can try 1/72 Missiles by @Xigfrid at Shapeways:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=1%3A72+scale+Macross+parts+(misc)&s=0

Focslain, I'm assuming you're talking about the Reaction missiles from the series, right?  I'm in the same boat.  We get the DX toy armour sporting the missiles as an inclusion, but the model kit release doesn't have them.  Doesn't make a lot of sense...

20 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Has Hasegawa released any 1/72 weapons packs for their Frontier kits?

As a side note, the reaction missiles included with the 1/60 VF-25 armor packs are probably just about the right size for a 1/72 kit. :p 

No, unfortunately. They've released weapons sets and photo-etch parts for both the 1/72 and 1/48 VF-1, a photo-etch set for the 1/48 YF-19, and various (discontinued) weapons sets for their real-world aircraft models (organized into US and Russian sets, I think).

Just now, kajnrig said:

No, unfortunately. They've released weapons sets and photo-etch parts for both the 1/72 and 1/48 VF-1, a photo-etch set for the 1/48 YF-19, and various (discontinued) weapons sets for their real-world aircraft models (organized into US and Russian sets, I think).

Indeed, the only other ordinance Hase has released re: Macross are the included missiles in the VF-25 kits, and certain kits with different gunpods

On 1/7/2018 at 9:17 PM, derex3592 said:

That looks amazing! Great job! B))

On 1/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, no3Ljm said:

Oh Anubis. Can you make my Fan Racer please. :hail:

Great job on your Siegfried, sir! :good: 

Thanks guys! Its been a long journey and im almost done. Now i can finally go back to gunpla ^_^

@no3Ljm yup i could definitely build it for you ;)

On 1/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, mickyg said:

Focslain, I'm assuming you're talking about the Reaction missiles from the series, right?  I'm in the same boat.  We get the DX toy armour sporting the missiles as an inclusion, but the model kit release doesn't have them.  Doesn't make a lot of sense...

Nailed it.

From what I saw last I don't think @Xigfrid has reaction missiles. that or I was just missing them.

Well i can say im 100% done with kit :) it has been hell up to this point, just yesterday when i was about done the leg fell and ankle joint broke :angry: had to repair it with a pin. Overall its not a bad looking kit but the transformation is a chore and it just doesnt look good out of the box with stickers. Moral of the story is never feel bad about paying $200+ for the DX :lol:

1/72 VF-31J Hayate1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

1/72 VF-31J Hayate1/72 VF-31J Hayate

Edited by anubis20

Just now, anubis20 said:

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

DAAAAAMN Anubis! that's the Bandai kit?!

BRAVO!!

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

it has been hell up to this point, just yesterday when i was about done the leg fell and ankle joint broke :angry: had to repair it with a pin.

I don't like being a downer, but that's also my feeling about Bandai transformable valk kits. 

Rather than suffer any more pain, I have decided to avoid them altogether and pretend they don't exist.

Great job on yours!

On 14/01/2018 at 11:39 PM, anubis20 said:

Well i can say im 100% done with kit :) it has been hell up to this point, just yesterday when i was about done the leg fell and ankle joint broke :angry: had to repair it with a pin. Overall its not a bad looking kit but the transformation is a chore and it just doesnt look good out of the box with stickers. Moral of the story is never feel bad about paying $200+ for the DX :lol:

1/72 VF-31J Hayate

What pulled me into Delta was the delta wings of the bird.

At first I wasn't all too sure about paying for the DX so ended up buying the 05 kit also.  Built it and it's sat unlined and without decals and stickers for the longest time.  I ended up buying the DX of the 02 and am supremely happy with it.  I've resolved to also get the decals onto this bird and permanently display it in fighter mode only.  It at least deserves this much.

Looking at the decals though... man it's daunting - there's so much of it!  Stickers, dry transfers and waterslides!  It'll take me a couple of weeks to get it done I think.

3 hours ago, dero said:

What pulled me into Delta was the delta wings of the bird.

At first I wasn't all too sure about paying for the DX so ended up buying the 05 kit also.  Built it and it's sat unlined and without decals and stickers for the longest time.  I ended up buying the DX of the 02 and am supremely happy with it.  I've resolved to also get the decals onto this bird and permanently display it in fighter mode only.  It at least deserves this much.

Looking at the decals though... man it's daunting - there's so much of it!  Stickers, dry transfers and waterslides!  It'll take me a couple of weeks to get it done I think.

What sucks about this kit is that the waterslide decals are not of a good quality, they tear easily and barely stick to the kit. I had a few that peeled off when i masked them to perform a repair, even after top coating etc. Ive never ran into this problem with the Gundam decals Bandai makes. It's almost like these Macross kits are made by a different company. 

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If you want something that can transform without falling apart, get the DX. If you just want a great looking fighter that isn't a Sisyphean ordeal to build, get the Hasegawa. :)

I might do that and get the Hasegawa 31C to have them both in fighter mode ^_^

On 1/15/2018 at 9:43 AM, anubis20 said:

What sucks about this kit is that the waterslide decals are not of a good quality, they tear easily and barely stick to the kit. I had a few that peeled off when i masked them to perform a repair, even after top coating etc. Ive never ran into this problem with the Gundam decals Bandai makes. It's almost like these Macross kits are made by a different company. 

The paper stickers aren't good quality either. The art is too low resolution, certainly lower than the typical HG Gundam kit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 12:43 AM, 007-vf1 said:

So when is Bandai coming out with the 31A Kairos?

that would be the dream on top model to get

I thought of this, haha with all the frustration with the DX, bandai better release the Plamo. The color scheme means it will be easier to Straight Build

• 3 weeks later...