Jump to content

Macross mod for Homeworld Remastered


Recommended Posts

Try this in a few single shot matches, worked really good and not bad. Did test out the cannon attack, but didn't have to use it.

On a side note, does anyone know of any campaigns I can use the UN Spacy fleet in? Wasn't seeing any campaigns that weren't race locked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I FINALLY GOT HOMEWORLD REMASTERED AND PLAYED THE MOD. IT'S SO AMAZING! But, why is there a Sub system on the SDF-1 called DYRL that does nothing? I was really hyped to see it because I thought it would turn it into the movie version, but its just a useless sub system. Also, how do I transform the Valkyries? 

Edited by Astralith
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2017 at 6:18 PM, Astralith said:

I FINALLY GOT HOMEWORLD REMASTERED AND PLAYED THE MOD. IT'S SO AMAZING! But, why is there a Sub system on the SDF-1 called DYRL that does nothing? I was really hyped to see it because I thought it would turn it into the movie version, but its just a useless sub system. Also, how do I transform the Valkyries? 

This is just a placeholder for future sub-system implementation, you'll find some of those as well within the research panel control. Regarding the Valks, they automatically transform into battroids when engaged in combat, and go back to fighters (which is their defaut state) when in idle. For Gerwalk, it's the same principle but without the battroid mode. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 2:16 PM, ShiftZero said:

This is just a placeholder for future sub-system implementation, you'll find some of those as well within the research panel control. Regarding the Valks, they automatically transform into battroids when engaged in combat, and go back to fighters (which is their defaut state) when in idle. For Gerwalk, it's the same principle but without the battroid mode. ;)

 

Oh ok. With the Valkyries transforming, the Skull Squad units don't go back to fighters when there idle. At least, for me they don't. Thanks for the reply BTW. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2017 at 3:32 PM, Chthonic said:

I had this Ship done to fill in some Slots for the Zentradi, but we need a cool name- Any Suggestions?

hp_im_0.jpg

 

hp_im_2.jpg

hp_im_3.jpg

 

Stunning work as always.  I'd suggest something a little more alien for the land pads.  They currently look like something we'd see on an Earth LHD ship.  Now maybe this was listed on the original art and I am wrong, but they seem out of place on such an amazing skin job.

 

As for a name, how about Queadol-Salan since it appears to share elements from both class of ships.

Edited by Zinjo
grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, Zinjo said:

Stunning work as always.  I'd suggest something a little more alien for the land pads.  They currently look like something we'd see on an Earth LHD ship.  Now maybe this was listed on the original art and I am wrong, but they seem out of place on such an amazing skin job.

 

As for a name, how about Queadol-Salan since it appears to share elements from both class of ships.

 

I thought the same thing, but I told the artist to do the best they could. Unless you have an idea how they should look. I'm truly open to suggestions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there ! Hope you're doing well folks :)

We simply wanted to give you some news for our mod, which is NOT dead at all, to reassure the few who have been suprised to not being able to access the mod anymore. Let me reassure you guys, everything is fine (in fact, it is even better than I have ever thought).
Cooper managed to find this freaking misplaced coma and get the Zentradi to work properly, Chthonic provided him his exceptionnal 3d models (professionnal quality, no joke) and every units that needed to be animated are done. The trailer is almost ready too, and Cooper is working on the folding effect at the moment, so all is ok for us.

If the mod is desactivated on Steam it is because we wanted to make some multiplayer games with the archive "steam-ready" and eventually find some flaws, but you got lucky until now, every single game was a real blow (we had to use Hamachi to find each other though).

We know that the delay was huge and Cooper didn't feel really well about it, and as he is the kind of guy who want to find things by himself, then it took a little while...But come on people, we know you have missed us ;)

So guys, be ready during the next few weeks because Zentradis are coming....and eventually winter too...

See you right there !

 

@Astralith : I can't see your quote man, and I can't find back my post from 07/05 :/ ...what was it about ?

 

ps : And please don't be offended if we do not reply to all, sometimes we already stated about what is ask for and some other times we completely miss the question ^^

 

edit : typo

Edited by ShiftZero
Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well drop this here and may repeat on the steam forum later:

Is there plans to do up a custom campaign for this mod (currently can only use in deathmatch mode)?

If not would anyone care to point me in the direction of the proper tools to make one, hopefully so it's mostly compatible with the mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Yes we would like to have other mods of game, like a survival mod where all the epochs would be gathered on the same map and even solo missions and solo campaigns reporting the main events of the different series. For now it is not possible because I still have to learn how to do all this.

 

@Focslain, If you are motivated to do solo campaigns and solo missions there are plenty of tutorials on the forums relicnews, forums gearbox and other forums, below a links of the forums gearbox with very good tools and tutorials .
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/modding-tutorials-master-thread/694826
The mechanics of HomeworldRM and Homeworld2 are almost the same but there are some differences so be careful.

See you soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cooper59 said:

Hi, Yes we would like to have other mods of game, like a survival mod where all the epochs would be gathered on the same map and even solo missions and solo campaigns reporting the main events of the different series. For now it is not possible because I still have to learn how to do all this.

 

@Focslain, If you are motivated to do solo campaigns and solo missions there are plenty of tutorials on the forums relicnews, forums gearbox and other forums, below a links of the forums gearbox with very good tools and tutorials .
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/modding-tutorials-master-thread/694826
The mechanics of HomeworldRM and Homeworld2 are almost the same but there are some differences so be careful.

See you soon

Thank you and keep up the good work you are doing.

Personally I'd like to see the Delta era ships, but I'm a patient wolf, if/when I start to make missions I'll send a few your way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ok, no problem, now it makes more sense about why I couldn't find my post back... ^^

Regarding the fulbtzs berrentzs, I won't spoil you the surprise but all I can say is that you can expect some major changes for the next update, which shouldn't be too long to be deployed ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mini tomahawks + phalanxes on the decks! :wub: 

didnt get up to the monster yet cos hard to cut my game short..after my strike valks got kicked by regult missile pods hehe..nice touch!

Edited by seti88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowsers what a trailer! :wub:

tumblr_m0dsclXYgn1qko4x4o1_r1_500.gif.7aaf773ae64e819c6bd561b06453f034.gif

I admit i didnt get too deep into playing it, but after watching the trailer, am itching to bring the SDF right up to the zentradi's to do a cannon blast! 
Am sorely lacking familiarity on which unit counters which tho, my memory of homeworld isnt what it used to be...

keep it up!!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little flyby to tell you guys that the mod should be open to public again on Steam by the end of the week, according to Cooper himself. So fellow pilots, buckle up, things are going to get interesting very soon ;)

Regarding moddb, last time we talked about it, it was not off the table but not until the mod is fully done, and it could take some time. It may be faster for you to get the steam version for now.

ps : like this Vajra, i'm looking forward to this era too

Edited by ShiftZero
usual typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! Can't wait till the Macross Frontier factions come!

 

EDIT: Also, Zentradi look awesome! Do you have a release date for them yet?

ANOTHER EDIT: Nevermind. They are already in the game. They look awesome, but I think there a bit slow. 

Edited by Astralith
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...