Macross mod for Homeworld Remastered

ShiftZero

On 2/7/2020 at 1:30 PM, Lestat said:

At the risk of reintroducing myself and becoming invested in Macross again, I'm Ben, aka Lestat, original creator of the DYRL mod for HW1. I was ordering some Macross models from Japan and just happened to jump on here and see my old account still worked and that the team tried to get in touch a while back. Impressive job guys!

1. Fantastic job guys, you got so much further (and more ambitious) than the original team ever did! Looks fantastic!

2. I find your lack of meltrans disturbing

3. Ghost-series needs some more love too...

4. What are the poly counts on these warlocks? Ideal budget?

5. Are the export tools from maya? Otherwise, what format?

6. Does the new HW use normal maps?

7. I'm a busy man making spaceships all day long. :D No promises.

Lestat has been my brother in arms since the original mod. Back in the day when I thought I could be a texture artist.  I've always stayed true to a finished complete Macross Mod. Cooper Has stayed the course even though I mentioned it's going to be hard. I'm glad you've come back  to Macross fold, maybe we can bring some of the old boys back in time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd be interested in a non-Steam version too. Got the GoG version of the game cheap, didn't know the Steam version even used the workshop. (Granted, I'm not sure if I'd install it right away, as I've just gotten started with the base game. I did download a DYRL mod and the 1.35 patch for it, but haven't tested them out yet either.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just going through my Steam collection and remembered I bought the remastered versions a while back, then saw that this was available and google pointed the no.1 search to here.

Looks like I might be doing a bit of Macross game play later..................................

Except Steam wont let me install the mod, it just says I need to subscribe to download.  did that !! now wheres my Macross fix darn you..

Added another mod and ... there it is all installed and waiting PC / Steam oddness

Edited by big F

• 4 months later...

I fired it up a couple of months ago, but I used it in the remastered edition, although I do have the original version disc some where also.

didnt find any issues but I only played it on easy so killed the opposition quite quickly. I just spammed loads of Valks and went all mass exterminate on the ship by ship. The AI tried but I just overwhelmed it.

9 minutes ago, big F said:

I fired it up a couple of months ago, but I used it in the remastered edition, although I do have the original version disc some where also.

didnt find any issues but I only played it on easy so killed the opposition quite quickly. I just spammed loads of Valks and went all mass exterminate on the ship by ship. The AI tried but I just overwhelmed it.

So the AI was working for you? Hmm, mine isn't working. I even had 7 expert Zentradi on aggressive tactics and nothing attacked me, lol. I'll try reinstalling my game. 

I will give it a go later as to be honest my tactic was move away from them, as far as possible, build, build, build.   Then move in for the kill with everything. It was a bit of a fish in a barrel situation, they didnt last long.

I will report back.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, big F said:

I will give it a go later as to be honest my tactic was move away from them, as far as possible, build, build, build.   Then move in for the kill with everything. It was a bit of a fish in a barrel situation, they didnt last long.

I will report back.

Is everything working for you? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2020 at 11:16 PM, Astralith said:

Is everything working for you? 

No built up a massive force, each time encroached on the enemy and parked up next to them and they ignore me until I make a move and attack. Even using their RU and they happily share.

The game also crashes just before I get to the stage where I can build SDF1.

That is with settings starting off with a large amount or RU which allows one to create a massive fleet.

6 hours ago, big F said:

No built up a massive force, each time encroached on the enemy and parked up next to them and they ignore me until I make a move and attack. Even using their RU and they happily share.

The game also crashes just before I get to the stage where I can build SDF1.

That is with settings starting off with a large amount or RU which allows one to create a massive fleet.

Okay. Well, that sucks, I thought it was just me. Somethings definitely up with the AI. Hopefully this mod is not dead and they fix it. I would play it often if it worked. 

15 hours ago, Astralith said:

Okay. Well, that sucks, I thought it was just me. Somethings definitely up with the AI. Hopefully this mod is not dead and they fix it. I would play it often if it worked. 

Yes I hope so. Never got into modding for this game. Was more into mods for Freelancer. Should have had a Macross mod for that IMO. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Astralith said:

@ShiftZero @cooper59 

Okay, this is my last attempt. This isn't the first time an amazing mod has died out of nowhere for me. An update on what's going on currently would be nice. Is this just a break from the project or is it over? 

You need to contact Cooper59 on that as the original author and shiftzero whos had a part in it also. I hope its not dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just passing by to give you a little status report about the mod, couldn't let you in the dark much longer ^^

So, Cooper recently confirmed to me that the mod is in cryo stasis for now (meaning by that, it is on hold) 'cause 2020 was a pain in the *ss for everybody and despite two lock-downs he doesn't have enough free time to work on mods (some of us had to continue their regular jobs even from home plus they may have a family to take care of).

I'm afraid there will be no update until next year and I can't even tell an ETA because there is none for now. Cooper made some modifications few months ago but didn't release the updated version of the mod because he felt he needed to tweak further for balancing all units. I myself was waiting like crazy some news around but sadly they weren't very good when they came up. So, we're sorry to not be able to make this year shining at least a little bit but we are as impacted as everyone by the covid circus.

About the AI issue, we are well aware that it is not responsive on little maps, if you want to have a fighting opponent you'll have to select 6+ players maps in your game settings before launching it. That issue seems to be caused by huge ship's area that detects enemy, on small maps this zone is so big that every ships on the map are already included in it and thus cannot be detected as intruders because they are already inside. But if Cooper reduces that zone, mega gun cannot fire as far as it does right now because the SDF-1 needs to detect her target before being able to fire. In facts, it is a little bit more complicated but I hope you see what Cooper has to deal with there.

Anyway, let's finish with positivity by wishing you a  Merry Christmas and a  happy New Year Eve !! :drinks:

...and now, going back to Night City ;)

Edited by ShiftZero