[R.I.P.] David Bowie

Old_Nash

I've never been big into music, and only relatively recently became aware of just how big an influence Bowie has been over the years. He reminded me a little of Hideki Anno; a name that always seems to crop up in discussions of their respective mediums, metaphorically always standing outside the window looking in at whoevers talking about their work.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

This came as a shocker, especially given how good he looked for his age and the fact that I'd heard nothing about his battle with cancer this last year and a half! So sad.

I always really admired Bowie for his ability to reinvent himself continuously and produce music worth attention in contrast to so many of his contemporaries who often couldn't achieve the life and creativity of Bowie. He was also one of us, an outsider whose life as an entertainer always reflected us when none of our other pop culture did. He gave a voice and provided a human face to so many that were ignored in our cultures.

You will be missed, David Bowie!

Just watched The Martian a couple of nights ago and Starman is used to great effect in the movie.

Hadn't listened to any Bowie for months until then, never imagined a few days later this would be the news.

Ch ch ch ch changes....