Macross Δ (Delta) Mecha/Technology Thread - READ 1st POST

azrael

Depends on what kind of "jamming" the Aerial Knights used. If it's actually some sort of software hack, then that's something that's easy to protect against with a simple software update.

As for performance, who knows? It all depends on how those drones are powered and controlled.

Edited by d3v

Depends on what kind of "jamming" the Aerial Knights used. If it's actually some sort of software hack, then that's something that's easy to protect against with a simple software update.

As for performance, who knows? It all depends on how those drones are powered and controlled.

Since they have Protoculture ruins it is possible they have Fold Quartz for something like the Sound Jamming System. The Vajra on their own could jam Ghost drones until Luca implemented counter measures.

Seing as MakiMaki and ReiRei are doing work on top of the plane, maybe it's the one they pulled out to do work on.

bingo...more hologram tech at work..

post-15116-0-99981400-1462520254_thumb.jpg

Hey, those keyboards look like the round plates worn by the walkure!

You can see the empty loop belt around maki maki's waist.

post-15116-0-66529900-1462520671_thumb.jpg

Their belts are Holographic (DeeJay?) consoles!

I wonder how they plan to increase the drone performance without actually taking any out. Is that something a firmware update can do?

speed += more;

and call it a day

That's actually not completely impossible, as absurd as it sounds.

Especially as they're heavily AI-driven(in the conventional sense, not the Sharon Apple sense). Tuning the AI for the new threat(organized fighter squadrons instead of the random chaos typical of var syndrome) could see a significant performance uptick at little hardware cost.

bingo...more hologram tech at work..

attachicon.gifmakina_reina_31.jpg

Hey, those keyboards look like the round plates worn by the walkure!

You can see the empty loop belt around maki maki's waist.

attachicon.gifmakina.jpg

Their belts are Holographic (DeeJay?) consoles!

Those plates are holographic though. They're not on their actual uniforms.

On a related note, would it be safe to assume that those uniforms are basically updated versions of the holographic suit Sheryl wore, except they no longer need to be bodysuits?

That's what I'd like to know. It would be nice if this is covered in a future episode.

What about the jet gas clusters? Are those integrated into the holosuits?

Some anon viewing 2ch which I'm assuming from the same anime magazine sourcewhere we got info about Walkure and Mirage.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftoro.2ch.sc%2Ftest%2Fread.cgi%2Fanime%2F1462500115%2F&sandbox=1

インタより

ドラケンⅢは他の星から持ち込まれた機体。

この機体を開発した組織は、もとは反統合同盟軍に技術提供したいた組織が

ベースになっている。統合戦争が終わった後に組織は解体されて研究者や技術者は

色んなところに散ってしまったけれど、銀河辺境が力をつけたことで、彼らが再結集して

開発した機体がドラケンⅢ。

彼らは統合軍側よりも自分たちのほうが技術的に優れていたのではないかといまだに

信じている。だから、彼らは辺境のウィンダミアに加担している。

After using Google translate here is the gist of it.

Basically after the Unification War ex-Anti-UN researchers who scattered across the galaxy contributed to the Sv-262 Draken III. Their tech is better than United Forces and are complicit to what happened to Windermere.

Some anon viewing 2ch which I'm assuming from the same anime magazine sourcewhere we got info about Walkure and Mirage.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftoro.2ch.sc%2Ftest%2Fread.cgi%2Fanime%2F1462500115%2F&sandbox=1

Basically after the Unification War ex-Anti-UN researchers who scattered across the galaxy contributed to the Sv-262 Draken III. Their tech is better than United Forces and are complicit to what happened to Windermere.

OK, so... same source as all the other enemy Valkyries like the Variable Glaug and Feios.

I suppose that would explain why the Draken III has an obvious design lineage to UN Forces Valkyries... all of their most successful designs have been based upon stolen (New) UN Forces technology, usually combined with much more Zentradi overtechnology than the (New) UN Forces use. Usually what they build ends up being on a roughly equal footing with the fighter one generation newer than whatever they nicked to build it. The exception being the Sv-51, which is based not on a stolen fighter but merely stolen development data.

They built a 3rd Generation-equivalent fighter in the Variable Glaug using overtechnology from a stolen VF-4, they built a 4th Generation-equivalent fighter off systems from a stolen VF-11, and considering the GERWALK and Fighter mode designs of the Draken III I'd wager it's based off a stolen VF-171.

How come Hayate was allowed to sortie with such low propellant levels in his Super Parts?

They levels looked WAY below the standard...is it cause of the added projection units?

The damn HUD was already displaying a caution sign. :wacko:

After this week's episode, I'm leaning heavily on the fact that the Drakens don't have any form of EX-Gear.

Given the Windermerian's extreme physical ability, they probably don't need it (or don't feel they need it).

How come Hayate was allowed to sortie with such low propellant levels in his Super Parts?

They levels looked WAY below the standard...is it cause of the added projection units?

The damn HUD was already displaying a caution sign. :wacko:

I think that was a "tutorial" screen. Illustrating at what points he needed to start worrying about his propellant.

Basically "Look, rookie, if your screen ever looks like this, GO HOME IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL DIE HERE."

I did note that the gauge for the valk's internal engine had a much higher warning mark set than the auxillary rockets and maneuvering thrusters.

I'm betting that Hyate's breakdance fighting uses up his propellant a lot faster. If so, Messer will surely have something to say about it.

Don't forget how he turned around, burned his way all the way back to base, then burned it back out AGAIN to Mirage's location. I'm sure Hayate was full-throttle the entire way, and that'd tear through his stores like nothing. .

Edited by JB0

While the sound boosters were highly anticipated, I didn't care for them. Did they actually do anything?

They healed the Var-infected pilots. They're not sound boosters in the Macross 7-sense (although, one could argue the Sound Energy System is a primitive or offshoot application of a Fold-Wave transmitter). I'd consider them fold-wave transmitters and image projector units.

I really liked the 'load out' scene showing the swapping out of mission packs and addition of boosters and armor. All of these things have been 'known' before but Delta seems to be going out of its way to give us actual scenes of the nuts and bolts of stuff. Like the discussion about recordings versus live performances a few episodes ago, the rescue hatch on the 171 in the same episode, and now the start to finish load out and launch sequence here. While not strictly necessary from a story point of view, it's really cool to see for a mech head like me!

Only problem with this "convenient" explanation is that after your race is decimated, you don't tend to care that much about the politics that once divided you.... I find it to be a very weakly thought out explanation, unfortunately...

Loved the VF-31A action.. I think they may need to reconsider the pace of the battle scenes. I realize they are probably "real time" speed, but for a production, it was often very hard to follow.

Edited by Zinjo

After this week's episode, I'm leaning heavily on the fact that the Drakens don't have any form of EX-Gear.

Yeah, it looks like they might have a bulkier version of the self-rescue ejection seat that was installed in the Block 6 and later VF-1 Valkyrie... where verniers were fitted to the chair itself (on a pair of swing arms) to enable it to maneuver in a limited fashion.

I really liked the 'load out' scene showing the swapping out of mission packs and addition of boosters and armor. All of these things have been 'known' before but Delta seems to be going out of its way to give us actual scenes of the nuts and bolts of stuff. Like the discussion about recordings versus live performances a few episodes ago, the rescue hatch on the 171 in the same episode, and now the start to finish load out and launch sequence here. While not strictly necessary from a story point of view, it's really cool to see for a mech head like me!

This is probably the first time they've officially acknowledged propellant limitations on a Valkyrie in-series... normally that kind of thing is purely the province of the printed material. Probably not loads of additional fuel in the boosters, considering they seem fairly small and are probably mostly missiles.

Only problem with this "convenient" explanation is that after your race is decimated, you don't tend to care that much about the politics that once divided you.... I find it to be a very weakly thought out explanation, unfortunately...

Loved the VF-31A action.. I think they may need to reconsider the pace of the battle scenes. I realize they are probably "real time" speed, but for a production, it was often very hard to follow.

Anti-government sentiment was by no means limited to only those who fought in the UN Wars... the Feios Valkyrie and Queadluun-Alma are credited to designers who defected to rogue Zentradi groups in later decades rather than die-hards from the long-defunct Anti-Unification Alliance. There was still some discrimination against Zentradi in the decades after the First Space War, and there's nothing that stirs up anti-establishment sentiment quite like legitimized discrimination.

They also projected the Walkure girls onto asteroids. And gave the episode 37% more bomba.

I loved that little detail. So unexpected, but it was such a nice bit of detail. And something we've never seen before.

Anti-government sentiment was by no means limited to only those who fought in the UN Wars... the Feios Valkyrie and Queadluun-Alma are credited to designers who defected to rogue Zentradi groups in later decades rather than die-hards from the long-defunct Anti-Unification Alliance. There was still some discrimination against Zentradi in the decades after the First Space War, and there's nothing that stirs up anti-establishment sentiment quite like legitimized discrimination.

Not to mention Anti-UN sentiment became synonymous with Anti-Earth sentiment. In just a short time Neo York was colonized the Free York Liberation League showed up trying to steal VFs.

There is also that bunch of Anti-Earth Zentradi that left with their own emigration ships in 2031 and was never heard from again.

UN Forces generals in 2047 were probably facepalming at never keeping tabs on those ships as Zentradi engineers that stole the VFX-11 who left earlier in 2030 brought their technical skills to Lost Zentradi upgrading their gear.

Not to mention Anti-UN sentiment became synonymous with Anti-Earth sentiment. In just a short time Neo York was colonized the Free York Liberation League showed up trying to steal VFs.

Oh, for a while anyway... after the government reorganized the chief anti-government threat was actually the leftover bits and pieces of Latence that escaped the purge after their failed coup d'etat in 2051. Ironically, the one splinter of that Earth supremacist group we've seen was actually a Zentradi-led affair with a leader whose enthusiasm for Earth culture put even Vrlitwhai to shame.

The governmental reorg supposedly gave almost all of the anti-government groups exactly what they wanted on a silver platter... so it's actually kind of surprising that we're now back to a New UN Gov't member world accusing the central government of unequal trade and declaring a war of independence. (What with Ep6's hints that the accusations of unequal trade are a smokescreen for something else, it's possible the other worlds in the Brisingr cluster spotted that one for a load of BS.)

They also projected the Walkure girls onto asteroids. And gave the episode 37% more bomba.

Were the pods really the source of the projections? The projections seemed to all face in one direction and didn't react in any way to where the Delta valks were. My impression was that the source must have been the ship with Walkure onboard (or they were just the product of artistic license).

I was a bit disappointed that when Hayate briefly landed on one of the projections, his valk cast a dark shadow but the projection didn't appear on the valk's surface. I suppose that might be evidence that the valk was the source, but it looked more like it was just too difficult a visual effect for the show to manage.

Were the pods really the source of the projections? The projections seemed to all face in one direction and didn't react in any way to where the Delta valks were. My impression was that the source must have been the ship with Walkure onboard (or they were just the product of artistic license).

I was a bit disappointed that when Hayate briefly landed on one of the projections, his valk cast a dark shadow but the projection didn't appear on the valk's surface. I suppose that might be evidence that the valk was the source, but it looked more like it was just too difficult a visual effect for the show to manage.

Actually, at around 12:16 in the episode, you can see Delta launching what I'm thinking are small projector units. They look like magenta-colored lights in the show.

One thing that's been bothering me, how do they get the planes onto the angled side decks?

They rose up from within that way. Each deck has elevators to the inner hangers I'm sure since it is designed to split like that for space travel.

They rose up from within that way. Each deck has elevators to the inner hangers I'm sure since it is designed to split like that for space travel.

There's no elevators though. It seems to me that they come out from the rear hangar area similar to the Uraga or Battle Class, the only issue being that part of the deck is disconnected somewhat from the angled decks.

Actually, at around 12:16 in the episode, you can see Delta launching what I'm thinking are small projector units. They look like magenta-colored lights in the show.

Oh well. Then the sound boosters were just for extra bomba.