Walkure's first mini concert was just held. It looks like it was also attended by Tochiro and some of the Speaker Podcast crew. :)

Another album was also announced for July...Walkure Attack!

https://twitter.com/macrossD/status/731390913172279297

So that's:

May: OP/ED mini album

June: Macross Delta OST #1

July: Walkure Attack mini album

Walkure's first mini concert was just held. It looks like it was also attended by Tochiro and some of the Speaker Podcast crew. :)

Another album was also announced for July...Walkure Attack!

https://twitter.com/macrossD/status/731390913172279297

So that's:

May: OP/ED mini album

June: Macross Delta OST #1

July: Walkure Attack mini album

Yep! Tokyo based SpeakerPODcast members Gwyn, Renato, Egan and myself were all there since 9am. We'll cover the main highlights in this week's GERTALK MacrossΔ Ep.7 SPOILERCAST!

Wow!!! The place is jam packed! There in Kawasaki is where I stay whenever I'm in Tokyo. Was it held inside the Lazona Mall or just beside it and the JR station?

Man, I'm so jealous.

Three new shirts available for preorder (sizes Small through XL), released in July. :)

IIRC these shirts run small...so go one size up. :)

Delta Logo: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090558
Ikenai Borderline: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090554
Walkure: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090550

Thanks for the photo! So it seems confirmed that SK/Macross decided to make TWO new stars this time around? Making just one got too old , it happened since like 1982?

#TeamJUNNA

Three new shirts available for preorder (sizes Small through XL), released in July. :)

IIRC these shirts run small...so go one size up. :)

Delta Logo: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090558

Ikenai Borderline: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090554

Walkure: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00090550

Nice! Ordered some from HLJ!

Awesome indeed!

Thanks for the photo! So it seems confirmed that SK/Macross decided to make TWO new stars this time around? Making just one got too old , it happened since like 1982?

#TeamJUNNA

Well technically, Frontier was also a big boost for May'n's career.

That's pretty awesome for a niche mecha anime. :)

Billboard JAPAN weekly sales Singles Chart "Top Singles Sales"
( May 25 date 2016 )
1st Hey! Say! JUMP " seriously SUNSHINE " 274,000 sheets

2nd Morning Musume . '16 " Corner of foam Saturday Night ! / The Vision / Tokyo " 145,000 sheets
3rd Valkyrie "If once only of love / Nuremberg is After glowing with Pikatsu " 36,000 sheets
4th NMB48 " sweet bite princess " 27,000 sheets
5th
bLittle Glee Monster " My Best Friend " 25,000 sheets

I don't see a Delta song on that list?

3rd Valkyrie "If once only of love / Nuremberg is After glowing with Pikatsu " 36,000 sheets

should be

3rd Walkure "If You Only Love Once/ Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara" 36,000 records

1st and 2nd place on Oricon are Japan's No. 1 Boyband and Girl Idol Group respectively.

So yeah, really not bad for a niche mecha anime.

Saving this picture. Gonna replace the one on my sig hat was a screen grab from Black Lagoon. :p

So any one knows how many episodes Delta is?

I'm thinking it cannot fit in the 25 episodes so maybe the traditional 50 episodes?

I'm assuming it is a 2 cour anime like Frontier which would give it anywhere from 24 to 26 episodes. SDF Macross was originally a 2 cour but was extended by 10 episodes which is a bit unusual (likely only due to budget reasons that it didn't get more, not that it needed more really). Macross 7 is a notable difference in that it was a 4 cour anime which meant they planned for it to be well liked enough to manage up to 50 episodes. The show's black sheep status aside, that was clearly a correct prediction.

Typically, and mind you I am no expert on this at all, Anime that have a reasonable chance for success get a 2 cour broadcast and if they do really well they'll maybe get a sequel series (which to Americans would be analogous to a second season, Japan doesn't typically use the same methodology there). This is true of 1 cour shows too though. A recent example might be Aldnoah Zero which was clearly written to be 26 episodes but they split it up into 1 cour arcs that aired independently but under the same title. That is not too typical, but it worked for the story. I see a lot of stand alone anime shows though that are only 1 cour, or roughly 12 to 13 episodes. That tells me those productions were considered good enough to make but not expected to be popular enough for larger broadcasts.

Macross is huge enough to get at least 24 episodes in a given series by now. However I don't know if it is enough for them to want to risk budgeting a full 4 cour 50ish episode show again. Realistically, 24 - 26 is a good episode count for a self-contained story. 50 episode shows tend to resort to filler episodes and story padding just to make up the episode count (and Macross 7 is not innocent of that).

I'm assuming it is a 2 cour anime like Frontier which would give it anywhere from 24 to 26 episodes. SDF Macross was originally a 2 cour but was extended by 10 episodes which is a bit unusual (likely only due to budget reasons that it didn't get more, not that it needed more really). Macross 7 is a notable difference in that it was a 4 cour anime which meant they planned for it to be well liked enough to manage up to 50 episodes. The show's black sheep status aside, that was clearly a correct prediction.

Macross is huge enough to get at least 24 episodes in a given series by now. However I don't know if it is enough for them to want to risk budgeting a full 4 cour 50ish episode show again. Realistically, 24 - 26 is a good episode count for a self-contained story. 50 episode shows tend to resort to filler episodes and story padding just to make up the episode count (and Macross 7 is not innocent of that).

IIRC, SDFM got an extra 10 eps due to fan demand for more of the show. ironically without it, we wouldn't have the Emigration Project that has dominated subsequent series until Delta.

I am glad you are able to be keep your perspective on M7. I've seen some on these boards go all Trump supporter over the show...

However I don't know if it is enough for them to want to risk budgeting a full 4 cour 50ish episode show again.

I think the era where you can plan a show for 50 episodes from the beginning are pretty much over.

Sure some get two series of 24, but I can't think an an anime-original since Eureka 7 that went over 20-some without being clearly broken up.

Maybe some huge manga adaptation would do it. But most of those got 20-some at a time to hedge bets, even huge stuff like JoJo. Even Gundam series that are clearly designed to go for 50-some, like IBO, split it up.

EDIT: I think SpaceBros ran all at once! but that was a manga.

Edited by Rbstr

IIRC, SDFM got an extra 10 eps due to fan demand for more of the show. ironically without it, we wouldn't have the Emigration Project that has dominated subsequent series until Delta.

I am glad you are able to be keep your perspective on M7. I've seen some on these boards go all Trump supporter over the show...

That's true, I wasn't really talking about why it did, more just why only 10. It's still a pretty rare thing to see.

I actually like M7, lol. I didn't think I would when I first tried to watch it but then I fell in love with Fire Bomber plus more Max Jenius is always good (can you tell who my favorite franchise character is?). That being said I'm very pragmatic and even though I ended up being a fan I fully recognize the failings of the show and how silly it can be compared to the original's war story and Frontier's politics and high tech action.

Macross 7 definitely lightened me up to the power of song aspect in the franchise though; such that I am way more open to what Delta is doing than some people are.

Bomba for life!

Typically, and mind you I am no expert on this at all, Anime that have a reasonable chance for success get a 2 cour broadcast and if they do really well they'll maybe get a sequel series (which to Americans would be analogous to a second season, Japan doesn't typically use the same methodology there). This is true of 1 cour shows too though. A recent example might be Aldnoah Zero which was clearly written to be 26 episodes but they split it up into 1 cour arcs that aired independently but under the same title. That is not too typical, but it worked for the story. I see a lot of stand alone anime shows though that are only 1 cour, or roughly 12 to 13 episodes. That tells me those productions were considered good enough to make but not expected to be popular enough for larger broadcasts.

Technically, SDFM was planned to be 4 cour, but was then cut down to 2 cour, before fan demand and Tatsunoko stepped in for those extra episodes. 4 cour or longer was the norm back in the day, even up to the mind 90s which is how M7 got its long run, but that's no longer the case these days and most shows now go for only 1 full cour. The fact along that Gundam shows get broken up into 2 parts tells alot.

That's true, I wasn't really talking about why it did, more just why only 10. It's still a pretty rare thing to see.

I actually like M7, lol. I didn't think I would when I first tried to watch it but then I fell in love with Fire Bomber plus more Max Jenius is always good (can you tell who my favorite franchise character is?). That being said I'm very pragmatic and even though I ended up being a fan I fully recognize the failings of the show and how silly it can be compared to the original's war story and Frontier's politics and high tech action.

Macross 7 definitely lightened me up to the power of song aspect in the franchise though; such that I am way more open to what Delta is doing than some people are.

Bomba for life!

Actually Frontier and Delta did that for me.

Taking the time to explain how fold song worked made it easier to swallow than just having to blindly accept that music and song magically could stop a Quantum cannon blast or speaker packs with ACTUAL speakers worked in space. Add to that the incessant repeating of the same 2 songs for nearly half of the show (the songs weren't bad, just too much of a good thing makes it awful!).

Well technically, Frontier was also a big boost for May'n's career.

The notoriety of the show did, but her music was pretty solid to begin with.

Edited by Zinjo

I don't think we'll ever get an anime original show with more than 25 episodes in a single run ever again. Too many financial risks involved if it tanks.

The one plus one cour is getting more and more popular. That way production committees can minimize their losses.

Actually Frontier and Delta did that for me.

Taking the time to explain how fold song worked made it easier to swallow than just having to blindly accept that music and song magically could stop a Quantum cannon blast or speaker packs with ACTUAL speakers worked in space. Add to that the incessant repeating of the same 2 songs for nearly half of the show (the songs weren't bad, just too much of a good thing makes it awful!).

Well let's be fair, no one ever stopped a Macross cannon blast with a song, and they never used speakers in space. If you watch Macross 7 goes to impressive lengths to show how they recognize sound doesn't exist in space. The Sound Force valks only open proper speakers in atmosphere, in space they need to fire speaker pods. Later the sound boosters are used to amplify and project song energy, which Frontier and Delta have now more properly defined as being a fold wave resonance and the sound boosters were basically amplifiers of that. Basara clearly had a super high fold receptor level (how it measures against the likes of other artists is not clear, but I'd be willing to bet by his actions his is still the highest yet seen).

I know your examples likely were not meant to be direct, but that is a misconception of the show I see enough that is worth calling out cause it persists the negative view of it. As for the overuse of Fire Bomber's track lists... well that is entirely true. There was enough songs in the discography to avoid that, but they only stuck to the hits for some reason. Mind you, I'll always love Totsugeki Love Heart.

Things like this are why I like the idea that Mylene might be Lady M because that connection would be awesome and help validate M7 more. Also I needed to say more about Delta so I didn't get too far off topic, lol.

Well let's be fair, no one ever stopped a Macross cannon blast with a song, and they never used speakers in space. If you watch Macross 7 goes to impressive lengths to show how they recognize sound doesn't exist in space. The Sound Force valks only open proper speakers in atmosphere, in space they need to fire speaker pods. Later the sound boosters are used to amplify and project song energy, which Frontier and Delta have now more properly defined as being a fold wave resonance and the sound boosters were basically amplifiers of that. Basara clearly had a super high fold receptor level (how it measures against the likes of other artists is not clear, but I'd be willing to bet by his actions his is still the highest yet seen).

I know your examples likely were not meant to be direct, but that is a misconception of the show I see enough that is worth calling out cause it persists the negative view of it. As for the overuse of Fire Bomber's track lists... well that is entirely true. There was enough songs in the discography to avoid that, but they only stuck to the hits for some reason. Mind you, I'll always love Totsugeki Love Heart.

Things like this are why I like the idea that Mylene might be Lady M because that connection would be awesome and help validate M7 more. Also I needed to say more about Delta so I didn't get too far off topic, lol.

Well they did in M7 and it was what threw my viewing off the rails for about a year, before I gave it a second chance, just so I could speak to my irritations fully. When the series went into universe building the earlier complaints became tolerable (though I can't see myself watching it again, twice is enough!) We don't know how much Basara's fold receptor levels were and you are dancing on the edge of fanboyism to suggest he is "Super" in yet another aspect (I hate supermen)...

I too would love Mylene to be Lady M, but we'll have to see...

Eh no not really. No one has quite been presented with his innate musical skill, let alone that he was an expert pilot that even Max complimented (though of course with the caveat that he was still better, cause duh). Besides, his status as anima spiritia implies he was unique. Not super by any means (he'd never think of himself that way) but still noteworthy.

Still stand by that no one stopped a cannon blast with music. I'd need a specific reference to believe I forgot such a thing.

This talk does make me consider a rewatch though... I recently watched the movie again. Dynamite 7 is also classic.

Hmm... So the people with highest fold receptor levels in the universe are Basara and Mikumo?

(Given that Basara is alive by Delta era, but unless he was killed or "left this world" in some way, he should be alive. He is not from Windermere and aged 43).